Blackbaud Interview Questions in Charleston, SC

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Blackbaud posted a position for an internal audit summer intern on my college campus's career services website. I submitted my resume through that website. About 2 weeks after submitting my resume, I received an email from HR asking to participate in an online interview recorded via a webcam. I would be given an interview question, and then I would have 2 minutes to record my response. A few days after completing the online interview, I received another email from HR inquiring about a phone interview with one of the auditors at Blackbaud. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was very laid back - no behavioral questions, no case studies, just a conversation about the experience I would be receiving as an intern. A week later, I had another interview with the Director of Internal Audit, and the very next day, I received an offer.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Several interviews with different employees.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

For my first initial "interview", it was more of a gathering of potential future employees meeting at Blackbaud to meet with current employees for them to ask us questions and see how we would respond to them. They read over my resume and took notes on the back of it as I talked. It was loud as everyone was trying to talk to each other. I've never been to an interview quite like this before but it felt pretty relaxed. I tried to talk with as many of the employees as I could since I didn't have a fantastic background like most everyone else that was there applying for the same position I was. Finally after talking to the 5th person, she told me she wanted to see me come back for another interview so I gave them my information and they said I would hear back from them in about a week. Well a week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I emailed the woman I gave my information to. I heard about a week after I emailed them and she said I would hear back from them in about another week. Well, yet another week went by and I still didn't hear back so I emailed them again. Finally, she got back with me a few days later and we set a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was a little awkward but easy. She read over my resume and asked what I liked and disliked about each of my previous jobs and asked why I had left them. I could hear her typing up a storm while I talked and all she ever said to my responses were "okay" and "right". It was very robotic, very standard but once she got through those questions and talked more about the job position to me she was very nice. From that point on we set up a second phone interview. The second phone interview was a lot like the first one but questions like, "What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it". Then we played a round of 10 questions. It's just like the game 20 questions but you only get 10 questions. I think they play this with you just to see what your frame of thinking is. I guessed Barack Obama but the answer was Michelle Obama. All in all I felt the interview process was drawn out. I didn't get a call back for a final interview, at which point in my life I am thankful for. I've started to hear bad things about the company and a cubicle-phone job isn't what I was looking for, I just thought the benefits and pay would have been great.

Interview Questions

• Playing a game of 10 questions.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Initial phone interview with basic questions about my resume followed by troubleshooting questions, Passed to second phone interview, Conducted a role play where I had to pretend to be a customer support analyst (Isn't that what training is for?) and also played "guess who i am". Was a very scripted interview, however required some in-depth thinking. I am quite confused as to why I was expected to be able to answer IT questions when they told me that I would be trained on everything if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Just read up about the interview questions on here and you will be prepared for the most part. I was asked about troubleshooting an internet issue and thankfully had just researched an answer the day before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in October 2013.

Interview

After talking to them at a campus career fair, was asked to attend an on-campus first round, followed by the on-site about a week later. The on-site involved a tour, some group problem-solving (which was really fun), and a series of one-on-one interviews with both management and the technical staff.

Interview Questions

• Given a description of some data, create a schema to store the data. Adding constraints after each iteration.   1 Answer

I had another offer in a personally more convenient location.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in September 2013.

Interview

A few standard interviews and then was requested to perform a sales demonstration on a product.

Interview Questions

• Was required to give a product demo to a "mock" client and attempt to move a prospect to make a sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are looking at two roles at Blackbaud, choose one before you complete the interview process. HR will require both opportunities to match the salary and therefore your compensation may be skewed based on the different roles.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online followed by two phone interviews. The first phone interview was with an HR member out of there Austin office who didn't really have time for me, as she was tending to personal matters. I did enough to get a second interview with the marketing manager out of the Charleston office. She was pleasant, but when I told her I had no experience with "Marketo" (the software they use to generate leads) I could literally hear her scratching an X through my resume. I thought she lacked professionalism and frankly, seemed very narrow minded. I later looked her up on Linkedin and apparently she cut her teeth in marketing working with a small town news company.. enough said.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I was asked to participate in an initial phone interview. The first-round questions were pretty general (What made you interested in Blackbaud? Walk me through your resume.) Then she asked me about what I would do if my printer wasn't working and what steps I would take to get my material printed in time for a meeting. Pretty simple, trouble-shooting questions. The interview didn't last longer than an hour. The second round was a little more intense. There were the general questions about my resume and the like mixed in there, as well. They did a role-playing situation where I had to walk a customer through a computer problem. They also played a game of 20 questions to guess the actress they were thinking of. Basically, they wanted to know how my logic skills were.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in August 2013.

Interview

Upon entering Blackbaud you have to stop at security and sign in. For the interview I had to sit with an associate while he spoke to clients. This was super awkward because the associate kept complaining the whole time while putting them on mute. I'm not sure what part of this experience makes anyone want to work for Blackbaud. The experience continued with a short interview. The associates I met with ask questions that didn't relate to the position. It seemed to be a nice office but the tour was very bland and scripted.

Interview Questions

• Gave several questions on paper that you had to fill out. They were scenario based.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

1 Phone interview with Human Resource Recruiter. 1:1 Phone Interview - Hiring Manager 1:1 Phone Interview - VP of Department 1 Group/Panel Interview Little slow with responses.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions - how did you handle difficult customer, what do you know about our company and our products, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hired at higher end of salary range