Blackbaud

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Level Interview

Director Level
Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Prefer not to disclose the details of the process but it was what I would describe as "normal". Phone screen with Recruiter, Phone screen with hiring manager and then in-person in two office locations, Charleston and austin. Based on my role this was viewed as "normal" by me and they were accommodating to my schedule.

Negotiation Details – Normal.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
North Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

Interview Details – 3 week process and standard sales questions. I met with the hiring manager and colleague sales manager. They wanted to get to know me and see if my personality would be a good fit with the team. It was fairly laid back.

Interview Question – Tell of a difficult sale with a c-level executive and how you overcame clients difficult objections   View Answer

Market Research Analyst Intern Interview

Market Research Analyst Intern
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the internship position online and was contacted by the HR department for an initial screening to determine if I had the necessary background for the position. After going past the initial screening, I was had two rounds of interviews; one with the hiring manager and the other with her boss.

Interview Question – Nothing Difficult. Questions were based on my resume and background. They asked me a few questions about the company and the industry. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary. The HR department for quite helpful in communicating my reasons to the hiring department and were patient throughout the entire process. The company also paid for relocation expenses.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews before I was offered the job, the interview process takes forever. The first two interviews are phone, one with the HR recruiter, second with Team manager, then third face to face with a panel of three managers one from the team you are coming to, the others from other teams. Also had to answer a written test with customer support questions with answers.

Interview Question – I had to describe a difficult case with a customer and how I resolved it and how I dealt with difficult customers. Also was asked how I would deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Customer Support Analyst
Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blackbaud in January 2014.

Interview Details – For my first initial "interview", it was more of a gathering of potential future employees meeting at Blackbaud to meet with current employees for them to ask us questions and see how we would respond to them. They read over my resume and took notes on the back of it as I talked. It was loud as everyone was trying to talk to each other. I've never been to an interview quite like this before but it felt pretty relaxed. I tried to talk with as many of the employees as I could since I didn't have a fantastic background like most everyone else that was there applying for the same position I was. Finally after talking to the 5th person, she told me she wanted to see me come back for another interview so I gave them my information and they said I would hear back from them in about a week.
Well a week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I emailed the woman I gave my information to. I heard about a week after I emailed them and she said I would hear back from them in about another week. Well, yet another week went by and I still didn't hear back so I emailed them again. Finally, she got back with me a few days later and we set a phone interview for the following week.
The phone interview was a little awkward but easy. She read over my resume and asked what I liked and disliked about each of my previous jobs and asked why I had left them. I could hear her typing up a storm while I talked and all she ever said to my responses were "okay" and "right". It was very robotic, very standard but once she got through those questions and talked more about the job position to me she was very nice. From that point on we set up a second phone interview.
The second phone interview was a lot like the first one but questions like, "What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it". Then we played a round of 10 questions. It's just like the game 20 questions but you only get 10 questions. I think they play this with you just to see what your frame of thinking is. I guessed Barack Obama but the answer was Michelle Obama.
All in all I felt the interview process was drawn out. I didn't get a call back for a final interview, at which point in my life I am thankful for. I've started to hear bad things about the company and a cubicle-phone job isn't what I was looking for, I just thought the benefits and pay would have been great.

Interview Questions

• Playing a game of 10 questions.   View Answer
  • What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Blackbaud in March 2010.

Interview Details – Process took awhile but once it started it was great

Interview Question – Describe a time where you failed, what were your lessons learned and how did you incorporate those lessons into day to day life.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blackbaud in February 2013.

Interview Details – Ten very easy questions that ranged from simple knowledge of data structures and least favorite subject.

Interview Question – What is the last thing you learn about data structures? Pretty easy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Blackbaud posted a position for an internal audit summer intern on my college campus's career services website. I submitted my resume through that website. About 2 weeks after submitting my resume, I received an email from HR asking to participate in an online interview recorded via a webcam. I would be given an interview question, and then I would have 2 minutes to record my response. A few days after completing the online interview, I received another email from HR inquiring about a phone interview with one of the auditors at Blackbaud. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was very laid back - no behavioral questions, no case studies, just a conversation about the experience I would be receiving as an intern. A week later, I had another interview with the Director of Internal Audit, and the very next day, I received an offer.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Several interviews with different employees.

Interview Question – The technical interviews were the most difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

Interview Details – After talking to them at a campus career fair, was asked to attend an on-campus first round, followed by the on-site about a week later.
The on-site involved a tour, some group problem-solving (which was really fun), and a series of one-on-one interviews with both management and the technical staff.

Interview Question – Given a description of some data, create a schema to store the data. Adding constraints after each iteration.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had another offer in a personally more convenient location.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blackbaud

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!