Blackbaud Customer Support Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.9

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

3 interview process. Short phone, longer phone and more depth questions on troubleshooting skills, then an in person that basically combines the two calls as well as a troubleshooting written test. Study and practice troubleshooting steps and questions as if you worked for Apple support or Best Buy Geek Squad. You don't need to be technically savvy just good at asking the write questions and using your resources (knowledgebase and google basically)

Interview Questions

• Ask 20 questions to guess a celebrity   1 Answer

Blackbaud Response

Mar 9, 2015Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Welcome A'Baud! Would love to get your feedback about how we could have made your interview experience "positive" instead of "neutral". We're happy to have you join the Blackbaud team.

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Bedford, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to take a video interview and a personality test. I also had to do an office simulation test which was kind of ridiculous and no one in the office when I went into the interview had heard of. After that I was contacted by a recruiter and was brought in for a three hour interview consisting of job shadowing and talking to a couple different managers. I heard back a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Guess the person I'm thinking about with 10 yes or no questions.   Answer Question
    • If a document you were working on crashed, what steps would you take to fix it?   Answer Question
    • My dishwasher is broken. Walk me through fixing it.   Answer Question
    • Listen to a call recording and take notes as if you were taking the call.   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

Apr 27, 2015Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Welcome to Blackbaud!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I applied for the position and was invited to an open forum where there managers, employees etc there. You just kind of traveled around and talked to people. It was very casual and relaxed. It was kind of awkward at first but once you walked up to someone it really flowed after that. I spoke to a total of 6 people and really made good use of my time. They pulled me to the side and scheduled an interview for the following week. What I liked most about this forum is it was in the evening so very accommodating for current working people.

My follow up interview was about 3 1/2 hrs long. It started with a tour from an employee, a quick meet and greet with HR and then a skills test won the computer. I sat with an employee and listened to calls for about 45 minutes. Then I had an interview with 2 managers where they asked me some fun questions, serious questions and resume questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but everyone starts at the same salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

First was a phone interview, then a second phone interview with more intense questions. Finally, went in for a half day in which I sat with another analyst and then was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Playing 20 questions to figure out a person that the interviewer was thinking of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

For my first initial "interview", it was more of a gathering of potential future employees meeting at Blackbaud to meet with current employees for them to ask us questions and see how we would respond to them. They read over my resume and took notes on the back of it as I talked. It was loud as everyone was trying to talk to each other. I've never been to an interview quite like this before but it felt pretty relaxed. I tried to talk with as many of the employees as I could since I didn't have a fantastic background like most everyone else that was there applying for the same position I was. Finally after talking to the 5th person, she told me she wanted to see me come back for another interview so I gave them my information and they said I would hear back from them in about a week.
    Well a week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I emailed the woman I gave my information to. I heard about a week after I emailed them and she said I would hear back from them in about another week. Well, yet another week went by and I still didn't hear back so I emailed them again. Finally, she got back with me a few days later and we set a phone interview for the following week.
    The phone interview was a little awkward but easy. She read over my resume and asked what I liked and disliked about each of my previous jobs and asked why I had left them. I could hear her typing up a storm while I talked and all she ever said to my responses were "okay" and "right". It was very robotic, very standard but once she got through those questions and talked more about the job position to me she was very nice. From that point on we set up a second phone interview.
    The second phone interview was a lot like the first one but questions like, "What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it". Then we played a round of 10 questions. It's just like the game 20 questions but you only get 10 questions. I think they play this with you just to see what your frame of thinking is. I guessed Barack Obama but the answer was Michelle Obama.
    All in all I felt the interview process was drawn out. I didn't get a call back for a final interview, at which point in my life I am thankful for. I've started to hear bad things about the company and a cubicle-phone job isn't what I was looking for, I just thought the benefits and pay would have been great.

Interview Questions

• Playing a game of 10 questions.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Initial phone interview with basic questions about my resume followed by troubleshooting questions, Passed to second phone interview, Conducted a role play where I had to pretend to be a customer support analyst (Isn't that what training is for?) and also played "guess who i am". Was a very scripted interview, however required some in-depth thinking. I am quite confused as to why I was expected to be able to answer IT questions when they told me that I would be trained on everything if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Just read up about the interview questions on here and you will be prepared for the most part. I was asked about troubleshooting an internet issue and thankfully had just researched an answer the day before.   Answer Question

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

I made it to the second interview but didn't get the job. The second interview consisted of a lot of definition questions, This seemed silly to me because someone could learn these in a book but not know what impact they actually have.

Interview Questions

• The person wanted to play the guess who I am game. I asked her 15 yes or no questions and at the end I had to guess who she was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I was asked to participate in an initial phone interview. The first-round questions were pretty general (What made you interested in Blackbaud? Walk me through your resume.) Then she asked me about what I would do if my printer wasn't working and what steps I would take to get my material printed in time for a meeting. Pretty simple, trouble-shooting questions. The interview didn't last longer than an hour.
    The second round was a little more intense. There were the general questions about my resume and the like mixed in there, as well. They did a role-playing situation where I had to walk a customer through a computer problem. They also played a game of 20 questions to guess the actress they were thinking of. Basically, they wanted to know how my logic skills were.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online almost 2 months ago and had HR phone interview yesterday. She asked me to go through my resume from top to bottom, including why I left each job then describe why I was applying for Blackbaud. It was for a technical position so I was also asked to describe my technical experience with internet solutions in detail. I was also asked to describe a scenario where I helped a customer solve a challenging technical problem. She wanted me to have a phone intereview with the hiring manager the next week however I declined due to salary requirements. HR interviewer was on time and courteous - took 30 minutes exactly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you helped a customer solve a technical problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the work environment or structure at your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

Asked questions like what http was, html stood for, what port was SSL transmitted, both phone interviews lasted about 30 to 40 minutes. There were several questions that dealt with past experiences, how you deal with structure. Felt the interview was solid and had a positive experience from it.

Interview Questions

• What port is SSL transmitted?   1 Answer