Blackbaud

85 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Senior Technical Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Interviewed with several people who asked various tech questions (like school book style) and general work questions. Nothing atypical. You may get some in-depth SQL server questions and .NET questions along with some generics like explain polymorphism.

Interview Question – Did get asked why a manhole is round. Was really just to see how I think and nothing else.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate for a few thousand more.

Director Level Interview

Director Level
Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Prefer not to disclose the details of the process but it was what I would describe as "normal". Phone screen with Recruiter, Phone screen with hiring manager and then in-person in two office locations, Charleston and austin. Based on my role this was viewed as "normal" by me and they were accommodating to my schedule.

Negotiation Details – Normal.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screen, the technical recruiter did not know what position he was interviewing for. Was a brief 15 minutes and did'nt even seem pay attention to details.

Interview Question – Are you applying for other positions?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Blackbaud in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through career fair in my University, and they arranged a dinner at that evening. Two interviewers and 12 interviewees, I think they are just showing nice to people, no interview questions and no tough conversation, very natural. The next day they arrange a 1 hour face to face interview. 30 minutes for behavior questions (talk about yourself, how do you overcome a challenge work, etc. dig into a project on resume, and the interviewer were very nice) and 30 minutes for two simple programming questions(check whether a string is palindrome, implement a simple o-o design problem)

Interview Question – No unexpected question   Answer Question

NOCC Tech III Interview

NOCC Tech III
Austin, TX

I interviewed at Blackbaud in December 2012.

Interview Details – This was the longest interview process I had ever been through. I applied in October and heard back from them in November. I went through a phone screen with the recruiter then a phone screen with the hiring manager. I then had an in person interview with the hiring manager. After that I had to speak with the director on the phone then the VP. Of course the VP had to keep rescheduling which delayed the process. All in all each interview was pretty quick and painless.

Interview Question – I was asked many questions that had nothing to do with my experience. After starting the job I realized they had nothing to do with the actual day to day duties.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
North Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

Interview Details – 3 week process and standard sales questions. I met with the hiring manager and colleague sales manager. They wanted to get to know me and see if my personality would be a good fit with the team. It was fairly laid back.

Interview Question – Tell of a difficult sale with a c-level executive and how you overcame clients difficult objections   View Answer

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at Blackbaud in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired by a different company that was acquired by Blackbaud, but I would imagine the process is rather similar. HR has recruiters and you do a phone screening with them first, then a phone interviewing with the hiring manager. Once through the hiring manager, I interviewed with my direct supervisor, one team member (asking technical questions) and one in-office person (cultural and stress related questions).

Interview Question – Dealing with stress   Answer Question

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Customer Support Analyst
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in January 2014.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview, then a second phone interview with more intense questions. Finally, went in for a half day in which I sat with another analyst and then was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Question – Playing 20 questions to figure out a person that the interviewer was thinking of.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Market Research Analyst Intern Interview

Market Research Analyst Intern
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the internship position online and was contacted by the HR department for an initial screening to determine if I had the necessary background for the position. After going past the initial screening, I was had two rounds of interviews; one with the hiring manager and the other with her boss.

Interview Question – Nothing Difficult. Questions were based on my resume and background. They asked me a few questions about the company and the industry. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary. The HR department for quite helpful in communicating my reasons to the hiring department and were patient throughout the entire process. The company also paid for relocation expenses.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews before I was offered the job, the interview process takes forever. The first two interviews are phone, one with the HR recruiter, second with Team manager, then third face to face with a panel of three managers one from the team you are coming to, the others from other teams. Also had to answer a written test with customer support questions with answers.

Interview Question – I had to describe a difficult case with a customer and how I resolved it and how I dealt with difficult customers. Also was asked how I would deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blackbaud

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!

Blackbaud Videos

Blackbaud – Why Work for Us?

30 years of unparalleled expertise for nonprofits For the past 30 years, we have been developing software and services for nonprofits. It’s a great market to work in, and we are immensely proud that our expertise is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blackbaud interview questions and advice. All 85 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blackbaud employees and interview candidates.