Blackbaud

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Client Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud.

I applied online and was contacted by Blackbaud fairly quickly to arrange an interview. I had 3 phone interviews in September and have heard nothing since. I even wrote to the hiring manager in October to follow-up and then to the Blackbaud recruiter in December asking if the job was still open...no response. I'm disappointed not to get the job, but more disappointed in Blackbaud.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Blackbaud.

Met rep at career fair and handed in my resume. Was contacted a few weeks later with a programming challenge. Pretty simple, you just had to parse a .dat file. After that I was contacted for an onsight with two engineers. Questions were pretty simple, although they really want you to be as efficient as possible.

Still deciding

Software Engineer Interview

Submit resume then receive first round interview which is small programming task. You are allowed to do it in any programming language, and after that you will receive a onsite interview

Renewal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackbaud in October 2014.

The first step I was given was to submit a 10 question video interview. The video interview is done via iPhone or iPad. You are asked a series of questions as listed below. You also have the chance to redo the your first take if needed. The Video interview leads to a phone interview if they choose you.

Interview Questions
    • Where you want to be in 5 years? How do you handle difficult customers? Desired Salary, and Tell us why you feel you are a could candidate for Blackbaud.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blackbaud in October 2014.

I applied for the Staff Software Engineer position and heard back from a recruiter a day later. A technical phone interview occurred a few days after that and it seemed to go well, or so I thought. I did not hear back from anyone after that, even when I emailed the recruiter to ask what the outcome of the interview was. This strikes me as rude behavior and upon reflection, I am glad that I am not working for such inconsiderate people.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2014.

Applied online via employee referral. One week later, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with a recruiter - not the hiring manager for the position. I was very prepared for the interview, but it turned out to be very basic and just a review of my resume. The interviewer didn't seem familiar with my resume or experience, or even my location (asked where my city was located). That was pretty frustrating - considering I spent a lot of time preparing. I felt rushed through, knowing it was only supposed to last 30 minutes. I only had 5 minutes at the end to ask my questions - which wasn't enough time - and again felt rushed.

Received an update one week later saying I wasn't chosen for second rounds. That is fine - I understand. However, I do feel that I should have been interviewed by someone who had a better understanding/connection of the position. I have a LOT of experience for this position; had I been able to speak to someone on the same level would have been beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • None- basic questions about my background and experience.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by their recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. She called a day early (her email indicated interview was for Wed she called Tue morning). She got really irritated when I pointed out that she had the wrong day but I agreed to go ahead with the interview. Big mistake it was obvious she had already ruled me out as a candidate. She asked a lot of detailed questions that didn't really make sense based on the job. She finally told me about the job and come to find out it wasn't a position I had even applied for. I have 14 years senior management experience several certifications and a degree and she had called me about an entry level position I hadn't even applied for and didn't know anything about. When I told what job I had applied for she said she wouldn't hire me anyway that I didn't have the qualifications for even the entry level job! Wow never had any experience like that. I realize I'm not perfect for every job but I think every candidate should be treated with a little respect! Based on this I would never apply at Blackbaud again!

Interview Questions
    • All the questions where really strange and it was difficult to tell what they were even asking. Of course I'd never even seen the job description so that didn't help.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2014.

Spoke to recruiter at my school's career fair, interviewed on campus the next day. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was asked questions about my past experiences and classes, and then I solved a few brainteaser-type problems. I was asked one object oriented programming question, and one design question.

Interview Questions
    • Design a 99 story building with one elevator shaft in the most user friendly way possible.   Answer Question

Enterprise Solution Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2014.

First step in the process was an online interview that records your responses to an assortment of questions. Nothing technical, just experiences.

Next step was a 4 hour onsite. This included a skills test on a computer and around 3 hours of meeting with different members of the company. All employees seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me and making sure I would be a good fit within the company. Only one or two technical questions, but mostly scenario questions.

No negotiation.

Internet Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud in September 2014.

Very slow to respond post interview. Was told I would hear back in 3-5 business days. Didn't hear back for 3 weeks! Don't wait for them to contact you, be proactive.