Blackbaud Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackbaud in July 2014.

Via a web recruiting organization called Jobvite. The original posting on the company site was for a remote position. It was clear from the start that the HR Rep didn't want to spend to much time with me. I believe that because I have been in the role for 16 years at one company, they see me as too old to change industries. So, the HR rep led with, 'you need to move for this position', then went to 'we only promote from within to senior sales roles', and ended with 'we only hire managers from within'. I am not bothered by this since they are clearly not ready to catch up to market expectations on software, e.g. cloud services are lacking.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: How do you feel about selling to non-profits.   View Answer
    • Will you move to NY or Austin?   View Answer
    • What do you want to do?   View Answer

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Interviewed with several people who asked various tech questions (like school book style) and general work questions. Nothing atypical. You may get some in-depth SQL server questions and .NET questions along with some generics like explain polymorphism.

Interview Questions
    • Did get asked why a manhole is round. Was really just to see how I think and nothing else.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate for a few thousand more.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Had an initial phone screen, the technical recruiter did not know what position he was interviewing for. Was a brief 15 minutes and did'nt even seem pay attention to details.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in June 2014.

Phone screen, in-person with hiring manager, in-person with director. They asked your typical questions, Why Blackbaud? What do you know about the non-profit market? Walk me through a typical sales scenario in your past. How did you handle objectives and move the sale to next steps?

Interview Questions
    negotiation was back and forth for a little bit

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

I had 3 interviews before I was offered the job, the interview process takes forever. The first two interviews are phone, one with the HR recruiter, second with Team manager, then third face to face with a panel of three managers one from the team you are coming to, the others from other teams. Also had to answer a written test with customer support questions with answers.

Interview Questions
    • I had to describe a difficult case with a customer and how I resolved it and how I dealt with difficult customers. Also was asked how I would deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

I got an interview after a career fair at my university. The Interview was ok, many questions about my resume and a technical part that was not very hard, questions about palindromes and other problems that used data structures to solve.

Interview Questions
    • He always asked a way to improve the code I had written.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Pretty straightforward hiring process. Got a phone interview after contacting them through a campus recruiter, and the interview was about 30 minutes long. They asked general questions about my resume, then continued to discuss the goals and visions of the company. The interview itself was pretty straightforward as well. Asked some brainteasers and algorithm questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to assess the number of steps it would take to sort objects. Then after I gave an algorithm, they asked if it could be improved, why or why not.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Long long long. Had to do a case study. Multiple interviews. It was a bit misleading for the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if an executive challenged your work.   Answer Question
    Misleading and a bit old fashioned. I was passed back and forth between hr and the hiring manager. Each claimed not to have the authority to negotiate. Obvious power tactic.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Blackbaud posted a position for an internal audit summer intern on my college campus's career services website. I submitted my resume through that website. About 2 weeks after submitting my resume, I received an email from HR asking to participate in an online interview recorded via a webcam. I would be given an interview question, and then I would have 2 minutes to record my response. A few days after completing the online interview, I received another email from HR inquiring about a phone interview with one of the auditors at Blackbaud. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was very laid back - no behavioral questions, no case studies, just a conversation about the experience I would be receiving as an intern. A week later, I had another interview with the Director of Internal Audit, and the very next day, I received an offer.

I was able to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blackbaud in February 2014.

Applied through career fair in my University, and they arranged a dinner at that evening. Two interviewers and 12 interviewees, I think they are just showing nice to people, no interview questions and no tough conversation, very natural. The next day they arrange a 1 hour face to face interview. 30 minutes for behavior questions (talk about yourself, how do you overcome a challenge work, etc. dig into a project on resume, and the interviewer were very nice) and 30 minutes for two simple programming questions(check whether a string is palindrome, implement a simple o-o design problem)