Blackbaud

2.8

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2014.

Spoke to recruiter at my school's career fair, interviewed on campus the next day. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was asked questions about my past experiences and classes, and then I solved a few brainteaser-type problems. I was asked one object oriented programming question, and one design question.

Interview Questions
    • Design a 99 story building with one elevator shaft in the most user friendly way possible.   Answer Question

Enterprise Solution Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2014.

First step in the process was an online interview that records your responses to an assortment of questions. Nothing technical, just experiences.

Next step was a 4 hour onsite. This included a skills test on a computer and around 3 hours of meeting with different members of the company. All employees seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me and making sure I would be a good fit within the company. Only one or two technical questions, but mostly scenario questions.

No negotiation.

Internet Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud in September 2014.

Very slow to respond post interview. Was told I would hear back in 3-5 business days. Didn't hear back for 3 weeks! Don't wait for them to contact you, be proactive.

Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

I applied online and was emailed to schedule and interview. Process took 2 weeks.

Interview went well. They didn't ask the generic questions (why do you want to work for us? what are your greatest strengths etc...) But we discussed the company, my skills and interests and the position. I was asked about the tools I use, languages I preferred using.

Received a status update a week later. No job offer.

Relationship Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Originally I applied to a different position and got a video interview for it. The video interview asked basic questions (why do you want to work for us? what are your greatest strengths). The recruiter emailed me a few days later saying that position was being filled from an inside person but she thought I would be a good fit for the Relationship Specialist position. We then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager for that following week. The phone interview went really well. The hiring manager was super nice (my recruiter was too) and we spent about half an hour just discussing basics such as, the position itself, my skills and interests, and what Blackbaud meant to me. She then said she wanted me to come in and meet everyone so she would have someone contact me that day or the next. I never heard anything back so I emailed her a week later, still no reply. The very next day I received an email saying the position had been filled. It was very disappointing because she said I had a third interview that I did not even get scheduled. I would love to work for the Blackbaud company but after not hearing anything back and then getting a generic "we are sorry but no" email I am disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no seriously difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Change Management Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackbaud.

phone screen. They seem to have a bias for people from big 4 consulting firms yet the salary doesn't align with that....maybe they think Charleston and paid relo is a big enough draw?

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud.

The application process was fairly simple. The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The phone interview was straight forward for the first interview. It was basic personality questions and baseline information on the job. The second interview consisted of salary specifications and more detailed questions. The in-person interview was even more in depth asking about certain experiences on your resume and job requirements/specifics.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a shape, what would you be and why?   View Answer

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud.

I applied for the position and was invited to an open forum where there managers, employees etc there. You just kind of traveled around and talked to people. It was very casual and relaxed. It was kind of awkward at first but once you walked up to someone it really flowed after that. I spoke to a total of 6 people and really made good use of my time. They pulled me to the side and scheduled an interview for the following week. What I liked most about this forum is it was in the evening so very accommodating for current working people.

My follow up interview was about 3 1/2 hrs long. It started with a tour from an employee, a quick meet and greet with HR and then a skills test won the computer. I sat with an employee and listened to calls for about 45 minutes. Then I had an interview with 2 managers where they asked me some fun questions, serious questions and resume questions.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate but everyone starts at the same salary

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Prefer not to disclose the details of the process but it was what I would describe as "normal". Phone screen with Recruiter, Phone screen with hiring manager and then in-person in two office locations, Charleston and austin. Based on my role this was viewed as "normal" by me and they were accommodating to my schedule.

Normal.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackbaud in July 2014.

Via a web recruiting organization called Jobvite. The original posting on the company site was for a remote position. It was clear from the start that the HR Rep didn't want to spend to much time with me. I believe that because I have been in the role for 16 years at one company, they see me as too old to change industries. So, the HR rep led with, 'you need to move for this position', then went to 'we only promote from within to senior sales roles', and ended with 'we only hire managers from within'. I am not bothered by this since they are clearly not ready to catch up to market expectations on software, e.g. cloud services are lacking.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: How do you feel about selling to non-profits.   View Answer
    • Will you move to NY or Austin?   View Answer
    • What do you want to do?   View Answer