Blackbaud

85 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – I got an interview after a career fair at my university. The Interview was ok, many questions about my resume and a technical part that was not very hard, questions about palindromes and other problems that used data structures to solve.

Interview Question – He always asked a way to improve the code I had written.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Blackbaud

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward hiring process. Got a phone interview after contacting them through a campus recruiter, and the interview was about 30 minutes long. They asked general questions about my resume, then continued to discuss the goals and visions of the company. The interview itself was pretty straightforward as well. Asked some brainteasers and algorithm questions.

Interview Question – Asked to assess the number of steps it would take to sort objects. Then after I gave an algorithm, they asked if it could be improved, why or why not.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Long long long. Had to do a case study. Multiple interviews. It was a bit misleading for the job.

Interview Question – How would you respond if an executive challenged your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Misleading and a bit old fashioned. I was passed back and forth between hr and the hiring manager. Each claimed not to have the authority to negotiate. Obvious power tactic.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Customer Support Analyst
Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blackbaud in January 2014.

Interview Details – For my first initial "interview", it was more of a gathering of potential future employees meeting at Blackbaud to meet with current employees for them to ask us questions and see how we would respond to them. They read over my resume and took notes on the back of it as I talked. It was loud as everyone was trying to talk to each other. I've never been to an interview quite like this before but it felt pretty relaxed. I tried to talk with as many of the employees as I could since I didn't have a fantastic background like most everyone else that was there applying for the same position I was. Finally after talking to the 5th person, she told me she wanted to see me come back for another interview so I gave them my information and they said I would hear back from them in about a week.
Well a week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I emailed the woman I gave my information to. I heard about a week after I emailed them and she said I would hear back from them in about another week. Well, yet another week went by and I still didn't hear back so I emailed them again. Finally, she got back with me a few days later and we set a phone interview for the following week.
The phone interview was a little awkward but easy. She read over my resume and asked what I liked and disliked about each of my previous jobs and asked why I had left them. I could hear her typing up a storm while I talked and all she ever said to my responses were "okay" and "right". It was very robotic, very standard but once she got through those questions and talked more about the job position to me she was very nice. From that point on we set up a second phone interview.
The second phone interview was a lot like the first one but questions like, "What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it". Then we played a round of 10 questions. It's just like the game 20 questions but you only get 10 questions. I think they play this with you just to see what your frame of thinking is. I guessed Barack Obama but the answer was Michelle Obama.
All in all I felt the interview process was drawn out. I didn't get a call back for a final interview, at which point in my life I am thankful for. I've started to hear bad things about the company and a cubicle-phone job isn't what I was looking for, I just thought the benefits and pay would have been great.

Interview Questions

• Playing a game of 10 questions.   View Answer
  • What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it?   Answer Question

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Customer Support Analyst

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Blackbaud in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview. The interview was very sterile. The interviewer seemed to be purely reading from a script. Mostly stock questions. Do I have knowledge of what they develop / the products they support? Am I comfortable with the expected call volume? Then, there was the mock support call...

Interview Question – The mock support call took me off guard considering the interviewer wanted me to guide a frustrated client through an undisclosed problem with an undisclosed app, giving me one to two word answers. I tried to better narrow down the problem with 5 or 6 questions as to if there were any error messages, or if they could better describe the problems they were having. Every response was vague, and I knew the point was not to solve the problem, but to test my comfort level in finding a resolution. After about 2 minutes of probing with questions, I deferred to transferring them to my support manager to better assist them. That's when the interviewer said, "I'll hold ...". Then, dead air for about 5 seconds. I broke character at that point, not knowing where to go from there. Did she expect me to come back on the line impersonating some fictitious support manager? I was baffled. I am still baffled, but now it makes me laugh. The interview was over shortly thereafter.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Blackbaud in March 2010.

Interview Details – Process took awhile but once it started it was great

Interview Question – Describe a time where you failed, what were your lessons learned and how did you incorporate those lessons into day to day life.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blackbaud in February 2013.

Interview Details – Ten very easy questions that ranged from simple knowledge of data structures and least favorite subject.

Interview Question – What is the last thing you learn about data structures? Pretty easy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Blackbaud posted a position for an internal audit summer intern on my college campus's career services website. I submitted my resume through that website. About 2 weeks after submitting my resume, I received an email from HR asking to participate in an online interview recorded via a webcam. I would be given an interview question, and then I would have 2 minutes to record my response. A few days after completing the online interview, I received another email from HR inquiring about a phone interview with one of the auditors at Blackbaud. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was very laid back - no behavioral questions, no case studies, just a conversation about the experience I would be receiving as an intern. A week later, I had another interview with the Director of Internal Audit, and the very next day, I received an offer.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary.

Education Consultant Interview

Education Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screen and was scheduled for a second round of interviews. The times were mixed up by the person scheduling. I asked many times for confirmation, but no response. Finally got a random phone call by two managers for an interview (I was unaware, because no one had responded to my emails or phone calls). It went fine, but again was told someone would reach out either way and they did not.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – 2 onsite interviews. The first with Hiring Manager. The second with same and VP of Sales. There also a Wonderlic.

Interview Question – Will you find it hard to work with/within a young workforce with little experience?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blackbaud