Blackbaud

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Blackbaud posted a position for an internal audit summer intern on my college campus's career services website. I submitted my resume through that website. About 2 weeks after submitting my resume, I received an email from HR asking to participate in an online interview recorded via a webcam. I would be given an interview question, and then I would have 2 minutes to record my response. A few days after completing the online interview, I received another email from HR inquiring about a phone interview with one of the auditors at Blackbaud. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was very laid back - no behavioral questions, no case studies, just a conversation about the experience I would be receiving as an intern. A week later, I had another interview with the Director of Internal Audit, and the very next day, I received an offer.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary.

Education Consultant Interview

Education Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screen and was scheduled for a second round of interviews. The times were mixed up by the person scheduling. I asked many times for confirmation, but no response. Finally got a random phone call by two managers for an interview (I was unaware, because no one had responded to my emails or phone calls). It went fine, but again was told someone would reach out either way and they did not.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – 2 onsite interviews. The first with Hiring Manager. The second with same and VP of Sales. There also a Wonderlic.

Interview Question – Will you find it hard to work with/within a young workforce with little experience?   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Several interviews with different employees.

Interview Question – The technical interviews were the most difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Blackbaud

Interview Details – The interview process was quite extensive and informative. Nature of the process was an initial phone interview with an HR representative. After that I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then I had a Skype interview with the candidate who's position was being backfilled. I was then flown down to the company Headquarters and spent an entire day with back to back interviews with 8 different employees.

Interview Question – There was not difficult or unexpected question that comes to mind as I had already had two phone and one Skype interview. I had also done a lot of research and spent a good part of my interviews asking lots of questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in November 2013.

Interview Details – school job fair

Interview Question – normal questions, for example, design a simple pet game. asked some basic java concept, like override and over load   View Answer

Interactive Designer II Interview

Interactive Designer II
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blackbaud in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then onsite interview

Interview Question – None of the questions were that difficult. There was a technical skills portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

Interview Details – After talking to them at a campus career fair, was asked to attend an on-campus first round, followed by the on-site about a week later.
The on-site involved a tour, some group problem-solving (which was really fun), and a series of one-on-one interviews with both management and the technical staff.

Interview Question – Given a description of some data, create a schema to store the data. Adding constraints after each iteration.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had another offer in a personally more convenient location.

Very Difficult Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Blackbaud in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview from Technical HR (3 week wait), then phone interview with hiring manager (3 week wait), written test on Agile with a 24 hour turn around, lunch with hiring manager (2 week wait), day interview (7 hours) with Blackbaud team with only 15 minute break, received a "see you later" email in 4 days.

Interview Question – If you gave every person in Austin Tx a golf ball and they put it in your living room would the golf balls over flow your living room.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

Interview Details – They come to Rice University for a on-campus interview. Interview lasts about 30 minutes, ask how you design a black jack game? After that day, no more response!
Totally waste of time