Blackbaud

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud in January 2014.

For my first initial "interview", it was more of a gathering of potential future employees meeting at Blackbaud to meet with current employees for them to ask us questions and see how we would respond to them. They read over my resume and took notes on the back of it as I talked. It was loud as everyone was trying to talk to each other. I've never been to an interview quite like this before but it felt pretty relaxed. I tried to talk with as many of the employees as I could since I didn't have a fantastic background like most everyone else that was there applying for the same position I was. Finally after talking to the 5th person, she told me she wanted to see me come back for another interview so I gave them my information and they said I would hear back from them in about a week.
    Well a week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I emailed the woman I gave my information to. I heard about a week after I emailed them and she said I would hear back from them in about another week. Well, yet another week went by and I still didn't hear back so I emailed them again. Finally, she got back with me a few days later and we set a phone interview for the following week.
    The phone interview was a little awkward but easy. She read over my resume and asked what I liked and disliked about each of my previous jobs and asked why I had left them. I could hear her typing up a storm while I talked and all she ever said to my responses were "okay" and "right". It was very robotic, very standard but once she got through those questions and talked more about the job position to me she was very nice. From that point on we set up a second phone interview.
    The second phone interview was a lot like the first one but questions like, "What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it". Then we played a round of 10 questions. It's just like the game 20 questions but you only get 10 questions. I think they play this with you just to see what your frame of thinking is. I guessed Barack Obama but the answer was Michelle Obama.
    All in all I felt the interview process was drawn out. I didn't get a call back for a final interview, at which point in my life I am thankful for. I've started to hear bad things about the company and a cubicle-phone job isn't what I was looking for, I just thought the benefits and pay would have been great.

Interview Questions
    • Playing a game of 10 questions.   View Answer
    • What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud in November 2013.

Phone interview from Technical HR (3 week wait), then phone interview with hiring manager (3 week wait), written test on Agile with a 24 hour turn around, lunch with hiring manager (2 week wait), day interview (7 hours) with Blackbaud team with only 15 minute break, received a "see you later" email in 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • If you gave every person in Austin Tx a golf ball and they put it in your living room would the golf balls over flow your living room.   View Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in November 2013.

school job fair

Interview Questions
    • normal questions, for example, design a simple pet game. asked some basic java concept, like override and over load   View Answer

Education Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in November 2013.

Had an initial phone screen and was scheduled for a second round of interviews. The times were mixed up by the person scheduling. I asked many times for confirmation, but no response. Finally got a random phone call by two managers for an interview (I was unaware, because no one had responded to my emails or phone calls). It went fine, but again was told someone would reach out either way and they did not.

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Initial phone interview with basic questions about my resume followed by troubleshooting questions, Passed to second phone interview, Conducted a role play where I had to pretend to be a customer support analyst (Isn't that what training is for?) and also played "guess who i am". Was a very scripted interview, however required some in-depth thinking. I am quite confused as to why I was expected to be able to answer IT questions when they told me that I would be trained on everything if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just read up about the interview questions on here and you will be prepared for the most part. I was asked about troubleshooting an internet issue and thankfully had just researched an answer the day before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

After talking to them at a campus career fair, was asked to attend an on-campus first round, followed by the on-site about a week later.
    The on-site involved a tour, some group problem-solving (which was really fun), and a series of one-on-one interviews with both management and the technical staff.

Interview Questions
    • Given a description of some data, create a schema to store the data. Adding constraints after each iteration.   View Answer

I had another offer in a personally more convenient location.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

3 week process and standard sales questions. I met with the hiring manager and colleague sales manager. They wanted to get to know me and see if my personality would be a good fit with the team. It was fairly laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a difficult sale with a c-level executive and how you overcame clients difficult objections   View Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

A few standard interviews and then was requested to perform a sales demonstration on a product.

Interview Questions
    • Was required to give a product demo to a "mock" client and attempt to move a prospect to make a sale.   Answer Question
    If you are looking at two roles at Blackbaud, choose one before you complete the interview process. HR will require both opportunities to match the salary and therefore your compensation may be skewed based on the different roles.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

Applied online followed by two phone interviews. The first phone interview was with an HR member out of there Austin office who didn't really have time for me, as she was tending to personal matters. I did enough to get a second interview with the marketing manager out of the Charleston office. She was pleasant, but when I told her I had no experience with "Marketo" (the software they use to generate leads) I could literally hear her scratching an X through my resume. I thought she lacked professionalism and frankly, seemed very narrow minded. I later looked her up on Linkedin and apparently she cut her teeth in marketing working with a small town news company.. enough said.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

They come to Rice University for a on-campus interview. Interview lasts about 30 minutes, ask how you design a black jack game? After that day, no more response!
    Totally waste of time