Blackbaud Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

3 week process and standard sales questions. I met with the hiring manager and colleague sales manager. They wanted to get to know me and see if my personality would be a good fit with the team. It was fairly laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a difficult sale with a c-level executive and how you overcame clients difficult objections   View Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

A few standard interviews and then was requested to perform a sales demonstration on a product.

Interview Questions
    • Was required to give a product demo to a "mock" client and attempt to move a prospect to make a sale.   Answer Question
    If you are looking at two roles at Blackbaud, choose one before you complete the interview process. HR will require both opportunities to match the salary and therefore your compensation may be skewed based on the different roles.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

Applied online followed by two phone interviews. The first phone interview was with an HR member out of there Austin office who didn't really have time for me, as she was tending to personal matters. I did enough to get a second interview with the marketing manager out of the Charleston office. She was pleasant, but when I told her I had no experience with "Marketo" (the software they use to generate leads) I could literally hear her scratching an X through my resume. I thought she lacked professionalism and frankly, seemed very narrow minded. I later looked her up on Linkedin and apparently she cut her teeth in marketing working with a small town news company.. enough said.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

They come to Rice University for a on-campus interview. Interview lasts about 30 minutes, ask how you design a black jack game? After that day, no more response!
    Totally waste of time

Customer Support Analyst (2828) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

I had 2 telephone interviews and this synopsis is regarding the on-site interview. I started my "testing" promptly at 9:30am which was a series of 6 questions that I had to put in order from most to least important and answer them in that order. I then had to follow an laminated instruction sheet and enter data into their system, basically entering my own data file and saving it to a C drive so they'd find it later. Next was the 1hr Y-Jacking with an employee on the sales floor, this was the best part since I actually got to see what it is they do. There were not a lot of calls, only 3 to be exact. After this, I was ushered downstairs where I was interviewed/grilled by two managers. This was very intense as they "switched gears" a lot. At one point they'd ask relevant questions relating to my background or application but next they throw in a 'exercise question or two.' After having sat here for what seemed like another hour they left the room and sat me with a laptop to complete yet another task which was laid out for me on a laminated card. I had to follow the instructions which were to enter my data (basic info/name, address) into the system and link it to Blackbaud. After this I was to look over two balance sheets and tell then which was correct. They gave me all of 7-10min to do this. When they came back I had not even thought about looking at the balance sheet so they gave me 1min to glimps at the balance sheet and tell them which is correct and why, and so I did. They did not tell me if I were correct....but I know I was. After this I had yet ANOTHER interview with their manager/top dog where she went over more of my info and threw more scenario questions at me. Ex. If I set my dishwasher to wash but nothing happened what would I do....? I had to throw out everything. I was about to tell her I'd throw my dog at it just so I could stop but I had had enough.....needless to say the interview finally stopped and I was walked out the door and told that I would hear back from them after they discussed all the candidates and called our references. I signed out at 12:55pm on the dot!

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question for me was about the dishwasher not working and what to do. I've never not had my dishwasher not work and if it did stop working, I'd honestly either call my landlord or warranty but that is not the correct answer and I thank God that I knew that going in.   Answer Question

Customer Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

I made it to the second interview but didn't get the job. The second interview consisted of a lot of definition questions, This seemed silly to me because someone could learn these in a book but not know what impact they actually have.

Interview Questions
    • The person wanted to play the guess who I am game. I asked her 15 yes or no questions and at the end I had to guess who she was.   View Answer

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

I was asked to participate in an initial phone interview. The first-round questions were pretty general (What made you interested in Blackbaud? Walk me through your resume.) Then she asked me about what I would do if my printer wasn't working and what steps I would take to get my material printed in time for a meeting. Pretty simple, trouble-shooting questions. The interview didn't last longer than an hour.
    The second round was a little more intense. There were the general questions about my resume and the like mixed in there, as well. They did a role-playing situation where I had to walk a customer through a computer problem. They also played a game of 20 questions to guess the actress they were thinking of. Basically, they wanted to know how my logic skills were.

Enterprise Solution Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in August 2013.

Originally contacted after applying online for a phone interview with HR. They asked about my résumé and followed up with what would you do if this happened question. Also asked a few technical questions like what is HTML, HTTP, what port does SSL use. Once completed they set up a 3 hour on site visit. I interviewed with 2 support managers, account manager, director of support and sat with a representative. Once completed took a small priority test on how I would handle each situation and in which order. I heard back after around a week with an offer.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in August 2013.

Upon entering Blackbaud you have to stop at security and sign in. For the interview I had to sit with an associate while he spoke to clients. This was super awkward because the associate kept complaining the whole time while putting them on mute. I'm not sure what part of this experience makes anyone want to work for Blackbaud. The experience continued with a short interview. The associates I met with ask questions that didn't relate to the position. It seemed to be a nice office but the tour was very bland and scripted.

Interview Questions
    • Gave several questions on paper that you had to fill out. They were scenario based.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in July 2013.

1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. Went ok and was then called after a couple weeks for a 1:1 face to face interview on-site. I had 1:1 with 4-5 engineers and HR. It was not very technical, just basically them talking about the position and the company. The location and the offices are nice.

Overall, I think it went well but I believe the (Austin) market is such that there are multiple people applying for every job out there, which means these guys will keep you hanging for weeks till they get around to interview every single prospect.