Blackbaud

Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Engineer Interview

Security Engineer
Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Blackbaud in March 2011.

Interview Details – This was one of my longest interview processes I'm been part of. It was phone interview after phone interview normally an hour and a half long. After months of phone interviews I flew out for an on sight interview. It was interviews from 9am to 5pm where each hour was with a different manager. All of the interviews were the managers firing questions at me and maybe the last 5 minutes where I got to ask question to them.

One of the most interesting things about the on sight interview was that I had a job currently and was just looking for a change and they never tried to sell me on the company. They didn't give me a tour of the building or their labs. So I left still thinking why Blackbaud? I have other opportunities why choose Blackbaud? Not being from the area they also never showed me around Charleston. Normally a company brings me on sight for an interview and takes me to lunch at a nice restaurant and shows me the area. Blackbaud did not show me the area and we ate in the cafeteria.

The culture was very startup and no two employees were using the same computer equipment.

After my on sight interview they asked what I thought and I told them I had questions. They told me to send my questions to them and they would get them answered for me. I never received the answers to my questions and I sent other emails about what is left in the interview process. I never received another response.

I wouldn't have recommend Blackbaud before my on sight interview and I definitely would not recommend them after my on sight interview. How unprofessional that I took two days off work to fly out and interview 9am to 5pm and could not get a response that they had gone with a different candidate.

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!