Blackbaud Software Engineer I Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer I Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in November 2013.

school job fair

Interview Questions
  • normal questions, for example, design a simple pet game. asked some basic java concept, like override and over load   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Blackbaud in October 2012.

Met at the Career Fair, they contacted me and set me up with a phone interview. After passing the first round, the set me up with a flight out to Charleston, SC to interview at their headquarters. They had a meet-and-greet the first day I was there and an all-day interview the next day. The interview was 5 parts: 2 manager interviews, 1 group interview and 2 technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If given an offer, how long would it take you to accept?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daniel Island, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daniel Island, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at Blackbaud in January 2012.

Phone interview, very casual, just feeling me out to see if I am confident while discussing skills my resume contained. Invited down for a face-to-face interview the next week. They paid my gas and put me in a hotel for the night before and the recruiters (HR department) actually took me out to a fancy dinner in downtown. The next morning started at 8 with all the potential hires at a table, donuts and coffee, very casual. Then we all split up and had individual interviews with management, 2 different skill tests (one testing database skills, one testing your ability to think on the spot to solve a problem presented to you with hooks thrown in when you are close to finishing), then a group critical thinking activity with the other potential hires.

Thinking out loud during the interviews is HIGHLY encouraged. Do not BS things, admit you are unsure about what is being asked or how to do it, and show that you want to understand the problem fully while tackling it.

Lunch with 22-25 year olds that are your university alumni, then more management interviews, then sit down and discuss benefits and desired pay with HR, then 'goodbye, we'll call you in a week or so'

Overall very casual process, but very intense. I was exhausted before lunch, but it was an exciting process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a database that allows these two tables to be stored and be infinitely expandable, while maintaining speed of execution?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate for a 60k starting salary rather than the 58k they suggested. Looking back, they accepted it so quickly that I should have tried for even more.

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!