Blackbaud Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

I applied through college career fair. I had an interview the very next day. It had 2 rounds. First a HR round followed by Technical round. It was a good experience. Interviewers were so cool, nice and skillful.

Interview Questions

• What is that you expect to be a part of your favorite programming language ?   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

Mar 18, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Glad to see you had a great experience! We know how stressful the interview can be and I am glad to see that you walked away feeling positive. Please stay in touch with Blackbaud!

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview, and they mostly asked questions about qualifications (US citizenship, major, year in college, etc. The interviewer didn't ask any technical questions, and the conversation was pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to elaborate on a technical experience I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

Met rep at career fair and handed in my resume. Was contacted a few weeks later with a programming challenge. Pretty simple, you just had to parse a .dat file. After that I was contacted for an onsight with two engineers. Questions were pretty simple, although they really want you to be as efficient as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still deciding

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submit resume then receive first round interview which is small programming task. You are allowed to do it in any programming language, and after that you will receive a onsite interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen, the technical recruiter did not know what position he was interviewing for. Was a brief 15 minutes and did'nt even seem pay attention to details.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty straightforward hiring process. Got a phone interview after contacting them through a campus recruiter, and the interview was about 30 minutes long. They asked general questions about my resume, then continued to discuss the goals and visions of the company. The interview itself was pretty straightforward as well. Asked some brainteasers and algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked to assess the number of steps it would take to sort objects. Then after I gave an algorithm, they asked if it could be improved, why or why not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackbaud (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair in my University, and they arranged a dinner at that evening. Two interviewers and 12 interviewees, I think they are just showing nice to people, no interview questions and no tough conversation, very natural. The next day they arrange a 1 hour face to face interview. 30 minutes for behavior questions (talk about yourself, how do you overcome a challenge work, etc. dig into a project on resume, and the interviewer were very nice) and 30 minutes for two simple programming questions(check whether a string is palindrome, implement a simple o-o design problem)

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Several interviews with different employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in October 2013.

Interview

After talking to them at a campus career fair, was asked to attend an on-campus first round, followed by the on-site about a week later. The on-site involved a tour, some group problem-solving (which was really fun), and a series of one-on-one interviews with both management and the technical staff.

Interview Questions

• Given a description of some data, create a schema to store the data. Adding constraints after each iteration.   1 Answer

I had another offer in a personally more convenient location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

They come to Rice University for a on-campus interview. Interview lasts about 30 minutes, ask how you design a black jack game? After that day, no more response! Totally waste of time

Interview Questions

• How you design a black jack game?   1 Answer