Blackbaud

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screen, the technical recruiter did not know what position he was interviewing for. Was a brief 15 minutes and did'nt even seem pay attention to details.

Interview Question – Are you applying for other positions?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Blackbaud in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through career fair in my University, and they arranged a dinner at that evening. Two interviewers and 12 interviewees, I think they are just showing nice to people, no interview questions and no tough conversation, very natural. The next day they arrange a 1 hour face to face interview. 30 minutes for behavior questions (talk about yourself, how do you overcome a challenge work, etc. dig into a project on resume, and the interviewer were very nice) and 30 minutes for two simple programming questions(check whether a string is palindrome, implement a simple o-o design problem)

Interview Question – No unexpected question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Blackbaud

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward hiring process. Got a phone interview after contacting them through a campus recruiter, and the interview was about 30 minutes long. They asked general questions about my resume, then continued to discuss the goals and visions of the company. The interview itself was pretty straightforward as well. Asked some brainteasers and algorithm questions.

Interview Question – Asked to assess the number of steps it would take to sort objects. Then after I gave an algorithm, they asked if it could be improved, why or why not.   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview Details – Several interviews with different employees.

Interview Question – The technical interviews were the most difficult.   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

Interview Details – After talking to them at a campus career fair, was asked to attend an on-campus first round, followed by the on-site about a week later.
The on-site involved a tour, some group problem-solving (which was really fun), and a series of one-on-one interviews with both management and the technical staff.

Interview Question – Given a description of some data, create a schema to store the data. Adding constraints after each iteration.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had another offer in a personally more convenient location.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

Interview Details – They come to Rice University for a on-campus interview. Interview lasts about 30 minutes, ask how you design a black jack game? After that day, no more response!
Totally waste of time

Interview Question – How you design a black jack game?   View Answer

Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in March 2012.

Interview Details – I first heard about Blackbaud at a college career fair. I gave them my resume and received a call asking me to schedule an interview.

The interview itself was about an hour - 30 min was spent with an engineer going over basic coding questions, and the rest of the time was a standard behavioral interview.

After the interview, I was invited onsite for a day and met with some software engineers, heard presentations, etc. I received an offer shortly after.

Interview Question – Very simple function/string manipulation questions, e.g., write a function to reverse a string.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided to attend grad school instead.

Clemson, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blackbaud in February 2013.

Interview Details – about 30 minutes, asked me some general questions ,such as why do you choose this school and this major.
Asked me to design a function to determine whether a string is a palindrome.

Interview Question – Technical question is designing a function , not difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Blackbaud in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met with a manager for a behavorial interview and then two software engineers for a technical interview. Asked technical conceptual questions, but no coding.

Interview Question – What is AJAX? How does it work?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackbaud in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met a representative at Big East Career Fair. Applied to jobs online and from there I had an interview for about an hour. My limited exposure left me with little more to comment on at least during the interview portion.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blackbaud

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!

Blackbaud Videos

Blackbaud – Why Work for Us?

30 years of unparalleled expertise for nonprofits For the past 30 years, we have been developing software and services for nonprofits. It’s a great market to work in, and we are immensely proud that our expertise is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blackbaud Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blackbaud employees and interview candidates.