Blackbaud

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Blackbaud.

Met rep at career fair and handed in my resume. Was contacted a few weeks later with a programming challenge. Pretty simple, you just had to parse a .dat file. After that I was contacted for an onsight with two engineers. Questions were pretty simple, although they really want you to be as efficient as possible.

Still deciding

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Software Engineer Interview

Submit resume then receive first round interview which is small programming task. You are allowed to do it in any programming language, and after that you will receive a onsite interview

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Had an initial phone screen, the technical recruiter did not know what position he was interviewing for. Was a brief 15 minutes and did'nt even seem pay attention to details.

Software Engineer Interview

Pretty straightforward hiring process. Got a phone interview after contacting them through a campus recruiter, and the interview was about 30 minutes long. They asked general questions about my resume, then continued to discuss the goals and visions of the company. The interview itself was pretty straightforward as well. Asked some brainteasers and algorithm questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to assess the number of steps it would take to sort objects. Then after I gave an algorithm, they asked if it could be improved, why or why not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blackbaud in February 2014.

Applied through career fair in my University, and they arranged a dinner at that evening. Two interviewers and 12 interviewees, I think they are just showing nice to people, no interview questions and no tough conversation, very natural. The next day they arrange a 1 hour face to face interview. 30 minutes for behavior questions (talk about yourself, how do you overcome a challenge work, etc. dig into a project on resume, and the interviewer were very nice) and 30 minutes for two simple programming questions(check whether a string is palindrome, implement a simple o-o design problem)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Several interviews with different employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

After talking to them at a campus career fair, was asked to attend an on-campus first round, followed by the on-site about a week later.
    The on-site involved a tour, some group problem-solving (which was really fun), and a series of one-on-one interviews with both management and the technical staff.

Interview Questions
    • Given a description of some data, create a schema to store the data. Adding constraints after each iteration.   View Answer

I had another offer in a personally more convenient location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blackbaud in September 2013.

They come to Rice University for a on-campus interview. Interview lasts about 30 minutes, ask how you design a black jack game? After that day, no more response!
    Totally waste of time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackbaud in February 2013.

about 30 minutes, asked me some general questions ,such as why do you choose this school and this major.
    Asked me to design a function to determine whether a string is a palindrome.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question is designing a function , not difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in March 2012.

I first heard about Blackbaud at a college career fair. I gave them my resume and received a call asking me to schedule an interview.

The interview itself was about an hour - 30 min was spent with an engineer going over basic coding questions, and the rest of the time was a standard behavioral interview.

After the interview, I was invited onsite for a day and met with some software engineers, heard presentations, etc. I received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple function/string manipulation questions, e.g., write a function to reverse a string.   Answer Question

Decided to attend grad school instead.