Blackboard

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Support Engineer Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blackboard in August 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter was quick to give me a call after I submitted my resume. We chatted a few days later, and he set up a call with the manager of the team I'd be working on. The manager told me I'd be interviewing for a different position, but it still sounded interesting to me. When I got to the interview (at 8:30 am, a little early in my opinion), the doors were locked, and nobody was staffing the front desk. I interviewed with a total of 5 people-- the manager, the VP and three team members. There was definite confusion about what position I was interviewing for, and it seems it hadn't been communicated to all my interviewers that the manager was interviewing me for position X instead of position Y. The recruiter never followed up with me after the interview, which I always find immensely disappointing. It takes less than 30 seconds to make a phone call, or shoot out an email; it's professional courtesy. When I followed up with him two weeks after the interview, he told me something along the lines of a lot of the team members were on vacation, as if they waited two weeks to file their interview reports. Overall, what started out as an exciting, intriguing opportunity ended disappointingly, with confusion at the interview, and no follow-up from the company.

Interview Question – There was nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Blackboard

Worked for Blackboard? Contribute to the Community!

Blackboard Videos

Blackboard – Why Work for Us?

We are here to reimagine education. We're shaping the future of education with big ideas that challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning. Every day we're inspiring people to find new ways to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blackboard Client Support Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Blackboard employees and interview candidates.