Blackboard Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Blackboard.

Had Technical Phone interview and then Face to Face at onsite later on. Interview process was standard. Asked some technical questions and asked some practical scenarios. They just took two days to make the offer and accepted immediately.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Blackboard.

I was contacted by a recruiter who said that the hiring manager wanted him to set up a phone interview with myself and a few members of the staff. The process was fairly quick as I had the interviews just a few short days later which consisted of individual interviews with two staff members with a similar title to the job posting, one VP, and the direct manager for the position. Everyone was very professional and knowledgeable. I was left with a great impression of the company.

I thought the interview went well but never heard back from the recruiter. I contacted him several times through email and voice mail but he did not return any of them. Yes, I wanted the job, but I wish he would have sent me a quick 'no thank you', especially considering that I spend an entire day of my life interviewing with several members of the company. I eventually saw the position re-posted online.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackboard in April 2014.

Setting up the interview took a little long with people being on leave and out of town, but from my experience the staff is very friendly and are genuinely looking for someone in the right fit for this position. Everyone I spoke to was very personable and their questions not only let me understand more about the position but they listened to me and answered my questions too. I never felt nervous because it was so relaxed and easy to talk to everyone.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with competing priorities?   View Answer

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Blackboard in January 2014.

Phone interview with HR recruiter, then four interviews with two team members, Director or Global Talent Acquisition, and VP of Communications. It took four weeks to go in for the in-person interviews. After the in-person interview, all communications from Blackboard ceased and I have seen the job re-posted twice on job boards. Still have not received an offer or a rejection--even after reaching out to the HR recruiter AND the VP.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carbondale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blackboard in May 2011.

They questioned me then gave me a lateral thinking test, then I had to troubleshoot a PC problem. They gave me static IP information but no DNS servers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what you are passionate about in IT and how you hope to contribute to the field as your career develops?   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackboard.

There was an initial phone interview from their internal recruiter then a couple other phone interviews with senior management of the division you were applying for. Then they bring you into their DC headquarters for a face to face and meet the team.

Interview Questions
    • Doing a role play with two senior managers. Wasn't expecting it, but he said to sell him the product or services of my last job. Act as if they are the decision makers and I was talking to them, in a first meeting scenario. I wasn't prepared for it, but did fine.   Answer Question

Level II Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Blackboard in May 2011.

I was part of a company merger. There was no interview processs

Interview Questions
    • Blackboard asks for self-evaluations as part of their annual review, but I have never received feedback from my evaluation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Blackboard.

Phone interview, was asked specific details about every skill listed. Face to face, interviewer talked about hockey and 80's bands.

Interview Questions
    Was told that company is a great place to work and that there was all sorts of ways to advance and grow professionally.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for this position, after an interview with the recruiter, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following that, I met in person with the hiring manager, and a team of people that I would be working with if I accepted the position. During the interview process, I needed to prepare a non-technical presentation for clients. My presentation skills were critiqued, and ultimately I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would my past experience prepare me for selling a "plug and play"application?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Blackboard in June 2009.

Met with four people over 2 days. Two would be colleagues two would be supervisors/management. Questions were 60/40 personality/work style and technical. The focus was on who you were after the tech bonifides were determined. Honest about compensation and advancement, I didn't feel I was snowed at all once I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Despite this being an individual contributor position not related to the education based product I was asked about my thoughts on the industry and how Blackboard could make an impact.   Answer Question

Worked for Blackboard? Contribute to the Community!