Blackboard Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blackboard (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Had my resume passed along by a friend of a relative. Initially contacted by the software engineer leading the project to set up a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. Contacted within 2 weeks after interview and accepted immediately.

Senior Accoun Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blackboard (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I was initially recruited and then interviewed by 3 individuals. This took several days. I was then called back to set-up an in-person interview and flew to Reston, VA.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was nice, although I had three interview in one day.

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens, three interviews on site, and a final phone interview. Found by a recruiter on LinkedIn, spoke to her. Then I spoke to the hiring manager. Then I came into interview the team but one person was out so the interview had to be bumped out. Waited about a week to hear, was told they opted for someone who has more years of experience. HR manager was really great and helpful. About a month long process

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blackboard (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a different position with the company but was offered an opportunity to apply for the QA Analyst position. I looked it up and it appeared to be an interesting job doing Quality Assurance and required a degree (which I have). At the beginning of the interview HR stated the position payed 12-14 an hour, with no benefits! I'm already employed at a Salaried job, making more. They knew this from the app and she brought it up herself. Why waste both of our time? Why on earth would be interested in that or leave my higher paying job? I have years of experience, tech certifications and a BA degree and you request to interview for $12 an hour? It was a ridiculous interview with apparently a ridiculous company.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They were very welcoming and patient when I needed to think about an answer. I was a bit nervous however because I was not used to interviewing with two people and it made me more nervous than normal. Again, they did try to make me as comfortable as possible during the process.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest obstacle (at my last job) and how did I overcome it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 round interview with first via telephone and second on site. Lots of algorithm questions on the phone interview and performance concern is emphasized at most of the questions, with frustrated me a bit. But even though I failed many of the questions, I still got a chance for the second round interview.

On site interview with 3 more people (one by one), all questioning technical question from all aspects, including hand writing programming questions. The performance concern is again emphasized.

Interview Questions

• How to located the last third line in a file size 1T within a memory capacity of only 1M?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

HR found my resume from DICE. Contacted me and set up initial interview with hiring manager via phone. Second interview was with hiring manager and several other potential colleagues. There were mainly technical questions about system administration and various technologies. Some questions on personal ambition, career goals, etc. were asked, but it was mainly technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about certain aspects of addressing RAM memory, which I was not aware of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a job at a salary scale that I was satisfied with.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard in December 2014.

Interview

After being referred internally, I had a phone screen with HR which seemed to go well. The follow-up was supposed to be an interview with the hiring manager. We closed the interview by agreeing on the date on which I should follow-up if I did not hear from the recruiter. Never heard back, and when I followed-up…crickets.

Partnership Manager Interview

Interview

The process has been smooth and fast paced. Applied and within 1 day was asked to take tech assessment. Next day was 1st phone interview and within the hour was asked to meet for 2nd interview. Very professional company

Client Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

This was a not a bad process at all. First a phone interview that was as standard as it gets. Take me through previous experiences, who are you as an employee etc. Then in person interview with 3 senior employees. They take turns getting a feel for you but it is a very laid back environment. Easy questions, nothing too probing.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through some sort of process (setting up a word document, making a sandwich, etc)   Answer Question