Blackboard Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.8

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

phone call with supervisor, then a 3 person panel interview on-site. one person kept checking his phone, and the interaction among the rest seemed like they are very clique-y. They knew I had another offer but did not inform me of the interview result at all. I did not see much diversity while I was there.

Interview Questions

• If your references can say one negative thing about you, what would it be? (such a bs question. I had no idea but had to come up with something)   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

The interview consisted of in-depth phone interview with recruiting and then in person with the manager. When advised that they would make a decision quick, it has been over two weeks and with you having to do follow up emails and no information back from the company as to if a decision has been made.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions? Make sure you know your field and your experiences and have STAR format ready.   Answer Question

Solution Engineer Interview

Interview

Internal interview.... recruiter said I would not be qualified for the job because I had the "wrong Job title...." despite the fact that I had ALL of the skills and required experience.

Seasonal Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me for a initial interview a day after I completed my application. I completed two pages of interview questions in writing, and someone from HR looks at your answers before they call you in. Basically the pay is only $9/hour and they told me they couldn't give me the job because I was going to have class at night. They should have did a initial phone interview so I wouldn't have came there, and wasted my time.

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens, three interviews on site, and a final phone interview. Found by a recruiter on LinkedIn, spoke to her. Then I spoke to the hiring manager. Then I came into interview the team but one person was out so the interview had to be bumped out. Waited about a week to hear, was told they opted for someone who has more years of experience. HR manager was really great and helpful. About a month long process

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a different position with the company but was offered an opportunity to apply for the QA Analyst position. I looked it up and it appeared to be an interesting job doing Quality Assurance and required a degree (which I have). At the beginning of the interview HR stated the position payed 12-14 an hour, with no benefits! I'm already employed at a Salaried job, making more. They knew this from the app and she brought it up herself. Why waste both of our time? Why on earth would be interested in that or leave my higher paying job? I have years of experience, tech certifications and a BA degree and you request to interview for $12 an hour? It was a ridiculous interview with apparently a ridiculous company.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They were very welcoming and patient when I needed to think about an answer. I was a bit nervous however because I was not used to interviewing with two people and it made me more nervous than normal. Again, they did try to make me as comfortable as possible during the process.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest obstacle (at my last job) and how did I overcome it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard in December 2014.

Interview

After being referred internally, I had a phone screen with HR which seemed to go well. The follow-up was supposed to be an interview with the hiring manager. We closed the interview by agreeing on the date on which I should follow-up if I did not hear from the recruiter. Never heard back, and when I followed-up…crickets.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who said that the hiring manager wanted him to set up a phone interview with myself and a few members of the staff. The process was fairly quick as I had the interviews just a few short days later which consisted of individual interviews with two staff members with a similar title to the job posting, one VP, and the direct manager for the position. Everyone was very professional and knowledgeable. I was left with a great impression of the company. I thought the interview went well but never heard back from the recruiter. I contacted him several times through email and voice mail but he did not return any of them. Yes, I wanted the job, but I wish he would have sent me a quick 'no thank you', especially considering that I spend an entire day of my life interviewing with several members of the company. I eventually saw the position re-posted online.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Setting up the interview took a little long with people being on leave and out of town, but from my experience the staff is very friendly and are genuinely looking for someone in the right fit for this position. Everyone I spoke to was very personable and their questions not only let me understand more about the position but they listened to me and answered my questions too. I never felt nervous because it was so relaxed and easy to talk to everyone.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with competing priorities?   1 Answer