Blackboard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

The interview consisted of in-depth phone interview with recruiting and then in person with the manager. When advised that they would make a decision quick, it has been over two weeks and with you having to do follow up emails and no information back from the company as to if a decision has been made.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions? Make sure you know your field and your experiences and have STAR format ready.   Answer Question

Solution Engineer Interview

Interview

Internal interview.... recruiter said I would not be qualified for the job because I had the "wrong Job title...." despite the fact that I had ALL of the skills and required experience.

Seasonal Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me for a initial interview a day after I completed my application. I completed two pages of interview questions in writing, and someone from HR looks at your answers before they call you in. Basically the pay is only $9/hour and they told me they couldn't give me the job because I was going to have class at night. They should have did a initial phone interview so I wouldn't have came there, and wasted my time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blackboard (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Had my resume passed along by a friend of a relative. Initially contacted by the software engineer leading the project to set up a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. Contacted within 2 weeks after interview and accepted immediately.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackboard (Orlando, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

3 phone interviews, one face to face interview. asked many technical questions, some relevant job related questions, more general ones, more about teamwork, more about the industry trend and how my inclusion is going to improve and help the company.

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens, three interviews on site, and a final phone interview. Found by a recruiter on LinkedIn, spoke to her. Then I spoke to the hiring manager. Then I came into interview the team but one person was out so the interview had to be bumped out. Waited about a week to hear, was told they opted for someone who has more years of experience. HR manager was really great and helpful. About a month long process

Senior Accoun Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blackboard (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I was initially recruited and then interviewed by 3 individuals. This took several days. I was then called back to set-up an in-person interview and flew to Reston, VA.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was nice, although I had three interview in one day.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They were very welcoming and patient when I needed to think about an answer. I was a bit nervous however because I was not used to interviewing with two people and it made me more nervous than normal. Again, they did try to make me as comfortable as possible during the process.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest obstacle (at my last job) and how did I overcome it?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blackboard (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a different position with the company but was offered an opportunity to apply for the QA Analyst position. I looked it up and it appeared to be an interesting job doing Quality Assurance and required a degree (which I have). At the beginning of the interview HR stated the position payed 12-14 an hour, with no benefits! I'm already employed at a Salaried job, making more. They knew this from the app and she brought it up herself. Why waste both of our time? Why on earth would be interested in that or leave my higher paying job? I have years of experience, tech certifications and a BA degree and you request to interview for $12 an hour? It was a ridiculous interview with apparently a ridiculous company.

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

Phone screening initially by HR that lasted for about 15 min, standard questions around motivation, salary etc. nothing too fancy. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted about 40 min around my CV, background, experience, bit of role description, again this was not particularity hard and seemed more like an extended screening session I was then invited for face to face with 4-5 senior managers including the hiring manager, all interviews in a single day that was exhausting as I ended up spending half a day in their office. This was followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager's manager as well. In the end they made the offer that I accepted. The questions through out the interview process were not very hard or complex, mostly generic

Interview Questions

• Can you work with sales > seriously this is yes/no answer and obvious answer was yes, they didnt even ask me to elaborate on my experience.   Answer Question