Blackhawk Network Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.8

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blackhawk Network in January 2015.

Got to go in for face to face through an external outsource recruiter. Had a group interview with 30 minutes each. Hiring manager very cordial and so was the second manager, who provided plenty of information on the company, painting a positive picture and providing her background. She asked if I had questions and I had a few because she belonged to un-related department. The Director was very stoic and took down notes of everything said. He asked all the probing questions and I did too. The role did not meet the job description as it was not a traditional role but specialized role with heavy journal entries and little analytical tasks. I made up my mind I would not pursue it. Director was really aloof and did not seem to understand that interviewing is a two-way street; candidate is also assessing if this is viable place to work. Asked many "how would you deal with difficult people" type questions further deflating my interest in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a difficult situation or a person you had to deal with at work and what did you do?   View Answer

Professional/Legal Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blackhawk Network in October 2014.

The most bizarre interview process I have ever been in. The hiring manager did not show up at the interview and never received an explanation. I interviewed with 4 other people prior to the hiring manager unexpected cancellation. I followed up with HR, and again, a poor follow up process. After few months, I assumed that I was not going to get a call back.

Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network.

I was contacted via LinkedIn and after reviewing the company I responded to the recruiter. I completed 2 phone interviews and then asked to come into the office where I met with the hiring managers. During each step of the process I was very comfortable and enjoyed the discussions. As with any interview it is best to be yourself and answer truthfully any questions. I recommend bringing some questions as its important to ensure the company is a good fit to your work style and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • The questions pertained to past experience, managment styles, and specific job related questions such as how would you handle this experience?   Answer Question
    The company was up front about the salary during the early stages of the process. I recieved a fair offer.

Senior Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network in April 2014.

Very simple and ended in 45 mins.I was greet very nicely,office setup was good . I felt little miscommunication between interviewers about the hiring process.I left the room with a very positive note.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult,basic questions related to job profile. And then general information was shared with me about the company   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network.

The interview process was very easy, it consisted of one phone call and one in person interview. I started my position two weeks later.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network.

Process entailed two rounds of interviews that lasted about 2 hours each day.

Vice President Product Development Interview

Process was very thorough. Senior and front line staff were a part of the process and the team worked together to get good insights and share a lot about the company and position. Everyone was ver upfront about the good and challenging things of the position.

Background and reference checks were detailed.

Financial Analyst Interview

HR interview. Job responsibilities require specific skills (eg. Advanced Excel, Acess ) which I don't have. No onsite.

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network in June 2013.

I was contacted by HR, they found my information on Linked In. Phone interview with HR. I was contacted by the District Manager for a phone interview. I then had an in person interview with Area Supervisor in Long Beach. I was contacted later that day with an offer.

Negotiation not necessary.

Part Time Merchandisers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Blackhawk Network in May 2013.

I was interviewed by Skype. And was called a week later with an offer. The women that interviewed me was very pleasurable, however I though she was so impressed. That she would have made an offer right then. But it did take around a week till she called me.

No negotiation with this company.