Blackhawk Network Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

1 phone screen and one onsite interview, Was offered very low salary and recruiter was not all responsive. Don't know if this was his attitude or the company's. I went for another offer. They just did not seem to care about losing someone they selected after spending so much time on interviewing. Must say I was totally disappointed since I did not expect this from a Company I wanted to get into for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading questions, REST questions   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blackhawk Network in January 2015.

Interview

Got to go in for face to face through an external outsource recruiter. Had a group interview with 30 minutes each. Hiring manager very cordial and so was the second manager, who provided plenty of information on the company, painting a positive picture and providing her background. She asked if I had questions and I had a few because she belonged to un-related department. The Director was very stoic and took down notes of everything said. He asked all the probing questions and I did too. The role did not meet the job description as it was not a traditional role but specialized role with heavy journal entries and little analytical tasks. I made up my mind I would not pursue it. Director was really aloof and did not seem to understand that interviewing is a two-way street; candidate is also assessing if this is viable place to work. Asked many "how would you deal with difficult people" type questions further deflating my interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a difficult situation or a person you had to deal with at work and what did you do?   1 Answer

Professional/Legal Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blackhawk Network in October 2014.

Interview

The most bizarre interview process I have ever been in. The hiring manager did not show up at the interview and never received an explanation. I interviewed with 4 other people prior to the hiring manager unexpected cancellation. I followed up with HR, and again, a poor follow up process. After few months, I assumed that I was not going to get a call back.

Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn and after reviewing the company I responded to the recruiter. I completed 2 phone interviews and then asked to come into the office where I met with the hiring managers. During each step of the process I was very comfortable and enjoyed the discussions. As with any interview it is best to be yourself and answer truthfully any questions. I recommend bringing some questions as its important to ensure the company is a good fit to your work style and expectations.

Interview Questions

• The questions pertained to past experience, managment styles, and specific job related questions such as how would you handle this experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company was up front about the salary during the early stages of the process. I recieved a fair offer.

Senior Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network in April 2014.

Interview

Very simple and ended in 45 mins.I was greet very nicely,office setup was good . I felt little miscommunication between interviewers about the hiring process.I left the room with a very positive note.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult,basic questions related to job profile. And then general information was shared with me about the company   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network.

Interview

The interview process was very easy, it consisted of one phone call and one in person interview. I started my position two weeks later.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network.

Interview

Process entailed two rounds of interviews that lasted about 2 hours each day.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself successful?   1 Answer

Vice President Product Development Interview

Interview

Process was very thorough. Senior and front line staff were a part of the process and the team worked together to get good insights and share a lot about the company and position. Everyone was ver upfront about the good and challenging things of the position.

Background and reference checks were detailed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

HR interview. Job responsibilities require specific skills (eg. Advanced Excel, Acess ) which I don't have. No onsite.

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Long Beach, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by HR, they found my information on Linked In. Phone interview with HR. I was contacted by the District Manager for a phone interview. I then had an in person interview with Area Supervisor in Long Beach. I was contacted later that day with an offer.

Negotiation

Negotiation not necessary.