Blackhawk Network

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Online Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Blackhawk Network in January 2011.

Blackhawk Network has a lenthy interview process. I did a phone screen, then had three different 1/2 day to 6 hour long interviews at the company. Some of the interviewers were openly hostile. One thought I was taking her job, two others seemed to enjoy talking about their previous accomplishments and then paused in a bored way as if to say, "And what can you do that tops this?" The inteviews were at least one hour each and asked detailed questions such as, "What specifically would you do to increase traffic to the site?" I gave detailed answers but none seemed to be satisfactory. In the end, it seemed the position was going to report to two GMs both of whom clearly wanted a full time resource. One made it clear from his questions that his expectations were that I'd work 150% for him. Not sure where I was supposed to get the other !50% for the other GM. In the end, it seemed like a dysfunctional company that has trouble making decisions and a lot of posturing among the GM/VPs. I chose to remove myself from the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What would your strategic plan look like to increase traffic to the site?   Answer Question
  • What campaigns have you done in the past to increase traffice to the site?   Answer Question