Blackhawk Network Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.1

Product Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, interview style casual to moderate. Basic questions, a lot about whether you fit the culture. It's really on weather they like you like you or not. I felt I had a good rapport with the interviewers, however I could have conducted/presented myself a little more professionally...ie they expect you in a dress or pant suit

Interview Questions

• How do you multitask when there's a lot on your plate, how do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

1 phone screen and one onsite interview, Was offered very low salary and recruiter was not all responsive. Don't know if this was his attitude or the company's. I went for another offer. They just did not seem to care about losing someone they selected after spending so much time on interviewing. Must say I was totally disappointed since I did not expect this from a Company I wanted to get into for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading questions, REST questions   1 Answer

Senior Staff Software Engineer-QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1st round telephonic interview- 30 min easy and generic testing concepts 2nd round technical face to face with 4 members it was good, the director of QA was very interactive and QA lead also had good interaction, HR was very kind to call and inform

Interview Questions

• 1. how will you manage when there is high stress at work 2. How will you fix conflicts with developers 3.sql queries -distinct on multiple columns, duplicates on 3 fields -how will you display distinct on all 3 fields, replace null with '4' without using update -using select query 4. Failed in production, passed in test -how will you handle this as a QA member 5. 1 million records ,but 100K mising in destination table, how will you find where its missing . 6. Agile/JIRA 7. unique creative way of doing wokr-in past with eg   Answer Question

Account Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a day or 2 was contract by a recruiter for a phone interview. After that I recieved an on site interview, and it was one of if not the worst interview experience I have ever had. I interviewed with three people at one, the manager of the team and 2 people in the role. Two of the people I was speaking with were very nice and friendly. However the third person was just awful and made me feel like I was unwanted and made me think why did they call me in for an interview. I was interviewing with a few companies at that time and was fortunate to receive another offer before I even heard from the recruiter. However I know if I was offered the job I would have declined the process was so horrible and I could not visualize myself working with the team.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty basic interview questions about my experience and background.   Answer Question

Director of IT Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first was with the CIO and his directs. Second was with the people who would be the direct reports of the role being hired. Overall, good experience. The team genuinely wants to change the culture of IT, and make it into a high performing organization. The recruiter assigned to me, Ernesto, was awesome and kept me informed at every step of the process.

Online Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Blackhawk Network has a lenthy interview process. I did a phone screen, then had three different 1/2 day to 6 hour long interviews at the company. Some of the interviewers were openly hostile. One thought I was taking her job, two others seemed to enjoy talking about their previous accomplishments and then paused in a bored way as if to say, "And what can you do that tops this?" The inteviews were at least one hour each and asked detailed questions such as, "What specifically would you do to increase traffic to the site?" I gave detailed answers but none seemed to be satisfactory. In the end, it seemed the position was going to report to two GMs both of whom clearly wanted a full time resource. One made it clear from his questions that his expectations were that I'd work 150% for him. Not sure where I was supposed to get the other !50% for the other GM. In the end, it seemed like a dysfunctional company that has trouble making decisions and a lot of posturing among the GM/VPs. I chose to remove myself from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would your strategic plan look like to increase traffic to the site?   Answer Question
    • What campaigns have you done in the past to increase traffice to the site?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was nice and interviewer were very good

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

At the time of the interview, the HR department was still undergoing process development but despite that, the process was rather smooth albeit lengthy. I went through two rounds of interviews. The first with the team and the second with the director.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All were mostly standard. A great personality will get you through many times.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was screened on the phone by the main Manager for about 30 minutes, after which I was asked to come for an in-person interview. For the in-person - I talked with 4 people, some of them being potential co-workers, while others being the folks that I may work for during various projects. Interviews were fairly detailed, and focused on finding out how my experience will be useful for the role/organization. Questions were more situational - was asked to answer my approach in hypothetical scenarios. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had to deal with conflict between various business stakeholders, and describe how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Pay was inadequate.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed about three different people for a general marketing position. Friendly people, but seems like a cutt throat environment of politics. Didn't work out, seems company has a lot of hirings for just 2-3 specific positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you do our online marketing strategy?   1 Answer