Blackhawk Network Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 11, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

1 phone screen and one onsite interview, Was offered very low salary and recruiter was not all responsive. Don't know if this was his attitude or the company's. I went for another offer. They just did not seem to care about losing someone they selected after spending so much time on interviewing. Must say I was totally disappointed since I did not expect this from a Company I wanted to get into for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading questions, REST questions   1 Answer

Director of IT Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first was with the CIO and his directs. Second was with the people who would be the direct reports of the role being hired. Overall, good experience. The team genuinely wants to change the culture of IT, and make it into a high performing organization. The recruiter assigned to me, Ernesto, was awesome and kept me informed at every step of the process.

Online Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Blackhawk Network has a lenthy interview process. I did a phone screen, then had three different 1/2 day to 6 hour long interviews at the company. Some of the interviewers were openly hostile. One thought I was taking her job, two others seemed to enjoy talking about their previous accomplishments and then paused in a bored way as if to say, "And what can you do that tops this?" The inteviews were at least one hour each and asked detailed questions such as, "What specifically would you do to increase traffic to the site?" I gave detailed answers but none seemed to be satisfactory. In the end, it seemed the position was going to report to two GMs both of whom clearly wanted a full time resource. One made it clear from his questions that his expectations were that I'd work 150% for him. Not sure where I was supposed to get the other !50% for the other GM. In the end, it seemed like a dysfunctional company that has trouble making decisions and a lot of posturing among the GM/VPs. I chose to remove myself from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would your strategic plan look like to increase traffic to the site?   Answer Question
    • What campaigns have you done in the past to increase traffice to the site?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was nice and interviewer were very good

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

At the time of the interview, the HR department was still undergoing process development but despite that, the process was rather smooth albeit lengthy.
    I went through two rounds of interviews. The first with the team and the second with the director.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All were mostly standard.
      A great personality will get you through many times.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was screened on the phone by the main Manager for about 30 minutes, after which I was asked to come for an in-person interview. For the in-person - I talked with 4 people, some of them being potential co-workers, while others being the folks that I may work for during various projects. Interviews were fairly detailed, and focused on finding out how my experience will be useful for the role/organization. Questions were more situational - was asked to answer my approach in hypothetical scenarios. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had to deal with conflict between various business stakeholders, and describe how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Pay was inadequate.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed about three different people for a general marketing position. Friendly people, but seems like a cutt throat environment of politics.

Didn't work out, seems company has a lot of hirings for just 2-3 specific positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you do our online marketing strategy?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR , then, another 45 minutes phone interview with hiring manager. Invited for a face to face interview about a week later. Interviewed with four different people.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

reasonable interview conducted with mix of IT and HR personnel

Interview Questions

• What did your prior employer think of you?   1 Answer