Blackhawk Network

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Senior Technical Support Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Blackhawk Network in July 2010.

Interview Details – At the time of the interview, the HR department was still undergoing process development but despite that, the process was rather smooth albeit lengthy.
I went through two rounds of interviews. The first with the team and the second with the director.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All were mostly standard.
A great personality will get you through many times.
  Answer Question

Director of IT Infrastructure Interview

Director of IT Infrastructure
Pleasanton, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackhawk Network in January 2012.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews, first was with the CIO and his directs. Second was with the people who would be the direct reports of the role being hired. Overall, good experience. The team genuinely wants to change the culture of IT, and make it into a high performing organization. The recruiter assigned to me, Ernesto, was awesome and kept me informed at every step of the process.

Online Marketing Director Interview

Online Marketing Director
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Blackhawk Network in January 2011.

Interview Details – Blackhawk Network has a lenthy interview process. I did a phone screen, then had three different 1/2 day to 6 hour long interviews at the company. Some of the interviewers were openly hostile. One thought I was taking her job, two others seemed to enjoy talking about their previous accomplishments and then paused in a bored way as if to say, "And what can you do that tops this?" The inteviews were at least one hour each and asked detailed questions such as, "What specifically would you do to increase traffic to the site?" I gave detailed answers but none seemed to be satisfactory. In the end, it seemed the position was going to report to two GMs both of whom clearly wanted a full time resource. One made it clear from his questions that his expectations were that I'd work 150% for him. Not sure where I was supposed to get the other !50% for the other GM. In the end, it seemed like a dysfunctional company that has trouble making decisions and a lot of posturing among the GM/VPs. I chose to remove myself from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would your strategic plan look like to increase traffic to the site?   Answer Question
  • What campaigns have you done in the past to increase traffice to the site?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blackhawk Network in April 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR , then, another 45 minutes phone interview with hiring manager. Invited for a face to face interview about a week later. Interviewed with four different people.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for Blackhawk?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackhawk Network in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was nice and interviewer were very good

Interview Questions

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Pleasanton, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackhawk Network in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was screened on the phone by the main Manager for about 30 minutes, after which I was asked to come for an in-person interview. For the in-person - I talked with 4 people, some of them being potential co-workers, while others being the folks that I may work for during various projects. Interviews were fairly detailed, and focused on finding out how my experience will be useful for the role/organization. Questions were more situational - was asked to answer my approach in hypothetical scenarios. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Give an example of a situation where you had to deal with conflict between various business stakeholders, and describe how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was inadequate.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blackhawk Network in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed about three different people for a general marketing position. Friendly people, but seems like a cutt throat environment of politics.

Didn't work out, seems company has a lot of hirings for just 2-3 specific positions.

Interview Question – How would you do our online marketing strategy?   View Answer

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Pleasanton, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackhawk Network in March 2009.

Interview Details – reasonable interview conducted with mix of IT and HR personnel

Interview Question – What did your prior employer think of you?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blackhawk Network? Contribute to the Community!

Blackhawk Network Videos

Blackhawk Network – Why Work for Us?

Blackhawk Network is one of the world’s largest prepaid technology and products companies with a network of leading distribution partners. We are a leading provider of prepaid and financial payments products for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blackhawk Network interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blackhawk Network employees and interview candidates.