Blacks Photography

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blacks Photography.

Interview Details – The process was simple, I had an initial interview for Store Manager but the regional manager found that it had already been filled and directed me, instead, to the Assistant Manager position at a separate location. I was then interviewed by the Store Manager of the new location and when the interview ended I filled out documents that allowed them to do a background check through a third-party. The background check took about 3 weeks for me, so do not get impatient. In total from the first interview to the day I heard the good news, the time it took totalled about a month.

Interview Question – How are you with crazy people?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blacks Photography.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview & 1 personal interview

Interviewed at Blacks Photography

Interview Details – Got called in for an interview within a few days and the manager read from a standard sheet of interview questions that he clearly had not even read before the interview. I informed him that I had experience with cameras being an amateur photographer myself, but he did not seem to care whatsoever and was more concerned with whether I could sell cell phones and plans.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, most of the questions were about cell phones.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Blacks Photography in March 2009.

Interview Details – Easy. Apply online and instore. Just tell them you love cell phones & adding items to every sale & bing! congrats you got the job!

Negotiation Details – negotiate pay if possible!

Sales Associate

Interview Details – Sat me down out side of store and just asked general questions. Was not hard. Just act like you are interested and you will get it.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – took a week

New Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blacks Photography in March 2009.

Interview Details – Good. Need a background in Photography and Phones. If you show the effort and dedication you can be hired.

Interview Question – Show me how you would sell me your phone on its features and benefits   View Answer

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blacks Photography in September 2009.

Interview Details – Basic Interview. Few questions from employer to see how you would react in what situation, creative thinking, problem solving and such... few questions about your resume... it was more formality then necessity imo.

Interview Question – Explain one difficult situation on your previous job and how you managed to overcome it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blacks Photography? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blacks Photography interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blacks Photography employees and interview candidates.