Blackstone Group - bgglobal.com

www.bgglobal.com

Blackstone Group - bgglobal.com Market Research Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions

Market Research Intern Interview

Market Research Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blackstone Group - bgglobal.com in December 2012.

Interview Details – I met a current employee at a career fair. The next day I sent her my resume and she forwarded it on to HR. HR contacted me the following evening to schedule an in-person intervier.
The office atmosphere was very off-putting when I arrived. Everyone seemed sad or annoyed. It might have been the weather.I went in for the interview, which was supposed to last about two hours and included a skills test. The test included very basic questions. (The first one was a sequence counting backwards by 1.) I was a little confused for some of the verbal questions because the answer options were just a box with a letter inside. For several of the questions I thought of several different words (synonyms) that could be an answer and the options were there for the words. I expressed concern to HR saying that it was a little confusing because if you had a broader vocabulary or were an innovative/creative thinker then the answers would be wrong according to the test, but right according to the test-taker. (I'm a big fan of open-ended questions because everyone thinks differently).There was also a spelling test.

Of the two hours that I was in their office, 1.5 was spent waiting. I got there early and wasn't taken back until 15 minutes after the scheduled interview. After the skills test, the HR representative came in to ask me questions about my resume. Once she found out that I had started out in HR at one of my internships before moving departments a month later, she began grilling me about the hiring practices and did not ask me any questions about how my skills related to the position I was interviewing for. I kept trying to get back on track, but she would ask questions about their HR department again. It felt like she was trying to prove to me that she knew about HR, which is fine and all, but she completely ignored the fact that I was interviewing for another position. She didn't ask one question about my skills that related to the job or why I wanted it or even why I wanted to work for the company. Also, she said that they had been having a hard time finding an intern and that maybe students just weren't interning. By this point I was fed up with talking about HR and just nodded. However, I had not seen 1 posting for an internship with them in all of my months of jobhunting. It makes me really doubt their competence. Overall, though, she was very friendly. She said she would let me know just after the first of the year if I passed the test and would move on to the next interview or if I didn't. I followed-up several times and she never replied.

Interview Question – She kept asking about my HR experience, which was completely unrelated to the position, and she didn't ask me one question related to the position.   Answer Question

Worked for Blackstone Group - bgglobal.com? Contribute to the Community!