Blackstone Technology Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in April 2015.

Interview

I got an employee referral, a recruiter called me shortly after, he was a nice guy and scheduled me for a technical phone interview with the project manager of whom I would've been working with. The interview was done through GoToMeeting.com where he shared his screen with me to ask questions. It was over an hour long and fairly difficult. After that the recruiter said he would call me back to let me know if I made it to the next round. When he didn't call for a week I emailed him asking if he was still going to call. He said yes but never did. I asked again and he never responded.

Interview Questions

• Given small tables, write a simple SQL statement that will give a selected output table.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackstone Technology Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview and onsite. 30 min phone. 3 hour onsite. Recruiting manager, account manager, and fellow recruiter. A lot of what have you been doing, why do you think this would be a good fit, where do you see yourself professional. All that good stuff.

Interview Questions

• Who's more important, the candidate or the client?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Interview

30 minute written test and some short questions about resume. After answering all the written questions, the interviewer came back into the room to ask about my thought process. Then, he proposed followup questions to each.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a Blackstone rep during a career fair. I was contacted a week later for an on campus interview which consisted of a four question test. Then, there was an onsite superday where you get interviewed with four workers. Each interviewer asks one technical question followed by one behavioral question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackstone Technology Group.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. They gave me a piece of paper with a few questions and 30 minutes to finish it. They asked me about myself and went through my resume. The entire process was around an hour long.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It started with the campus interview. The interview starts with a simple question as parsing the string and gradually evolves to harder questions. You have 45 mins to answer the question then 15 min to talk with the interviewer about previous experiences, mostly i think might be behavior questions.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blackstone Technology Group.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. I met the district manager, had an interview with the client and was offered the job. The process was much the same as other technology staff providers.

Negotiation

Open

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blackstone Technology Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a very straight forward non-complicated process. I was interested in them, they were interested in me and the process moved along quickly. It was a great experience. Phone Interview, Onsite interview, hire.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackstone Technology Group (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Resume submitted through college recruiting system, where the company asked for a resume, cover letter and an unofficial transcript. I was invited to the on-campus interview and had 2 hour-long interviews with two senior executives per interview. Questions were mostly FIT-based: Walk us through your resume, Why BTG? Are you a good team player? Your extracurricular involvements

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the corporate culture (office environment) of your former workplace.   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackstone Technology Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

It is pretty easy, applied online and then received an email from the hiring manager asking to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen with the hiring manager was very pleasant, then I was schedule for a tech interview on the phone. The one hour tech interview went great as well.