Blackstone Technology Group

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – HR phone interview, Project manager phone interview, Higher manager phone interview, Onsite interview. They like to ask a lot of questions about your previous working experience and projects. They would also ask some behavior questions.

Interview Question – Not very difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I don't see my future there

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Senior Technical Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group.

Interview Details – It was a very straight forward non-complicated process. I was interested in them, they were interested in me and the process moved along quickly. It was a great experience. Phone Interview, Onsite interview, hire.

UI Developer Interview

UI Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – It is pretty easy, applied online and then received an email from the hiring manager asking to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen with the hiring manager was very pleasant, then I was schedule for a tech interview on the phone. The one hour tech interview went great as well.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me. Had a basic phone screening. Set up a 30 minute technical phone interview with him for the next week. After passing that, a face-to-face meeting with the CEO. This was about 10 minutes. There was one more phone conversation with department manager. decision made the next day. From first interaction to decision was 2 weeks time.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Scrum Master Interview

Scrum Master
Arlington, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional. Staff was ready to meet at the agreed upon time and the recruiter was very helpful in laying out the benefits package. I meet with varying levels of staff from project members to program managers. The message was consistent across all of the individuals I meet with. Still going through the interview process and the recruiter has been very good in staying in touch and letting me know where things stand.

Interview Question – How do you think you will adapt to a smaller company   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in September 2009.

Interview Details – Responded to Craigslist ad > contacted next day > attended hiring open house 3 days later > interviewed by prime contractors team leads asking technical IT questions > offered position same day > dissappointed benefits not provided by BTG on this contract. In hindsight this process was a cattle call to add more bodies to work site in order to meet the prime's headcount contract obligation.

Interview Question – What are the FISMO roles of a server?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received in bump in pay after recruiter placed in a higher paying position (job title).

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Senior Management Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in January 2009.

Interview Details – Was kept waiting by the interviewers for the interview. They knew very little about what they were hiring for. My technolog is TIBCO but I learnt fhtat they could not judge me on that. Also, their PMs are very loud, esp the TIBCO PM who barks ordersa ll day and quite irritating.

Interview Question – What is TIBCO?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – hard. these guys are not generous with money but if they need you then negotiate hard and dont be scared of walking away from the table because then these guys will coming running after you.

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Senior Technical Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process seemed flaky. The partners doing the interview were late and made me wait for an hour in between interviews. None of the questions seemed hard core technical ones and were just scratching the surface. The PMs indeed dont have any IT background and ask pretty silly questions. There is one PM who seems to be extremely pushy and barks all the time, really annoying. She asked me to how should I behave in the presence of an angry client (???)

Interview Questions

• Please describe the BEA Weblogic portal architecture.   View Answer
  • Do you work late hours and can you handle high stress   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate hard with these guys. Since this is a small company, you are probably not going to have a long lasting career here so bump up your salary by 30-40%. This might sound prepostrous but understand this that they only hire when they are either bidding for a project or if they have a project. This means you can ask for a high jump as their margins inturn are very high and trust me they will come back.

I walked away from the initial negotiation with this didtzy HR person and then two days later the Indian partner called me and did some tough talk. I told him my skills and the next day I had the offer letter.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blackstone Technology Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blackstone Technology Group interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blackstone Technology Group employees and interview candidates.