Blain Farm and Fleet

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet.

Filled out application and was turned in by a friend passing by store. Received call 3 days later to schedule and interview. After interview the manager asked if I could come back the next day to interview with the store manager. I did and then a test was given that involved questions of morality. After the test I was asked to fill out a background request form, and also given a drug test sheet I was to take to the testing facility within 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The test threw me off a bit. I understand it's purpose, but was unsure about it before taking it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. A position was open that they felt I would fit nicely in. They explained the wages and hours and what would be expected of me.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet in June 2014.

Applied in Person for Woodstock,IL location. Received call from store manager to set up an interview within three weeks. Interviewed with the Assistant Manager,Carl that following Tuesday. Interview process was short and sweet. Basic questions about job history and which past job i enjoyed most/least and why. I believed I answered all questions honestly and respectfully. At the end of the interview, i was handed a Vangart personality test to complete. Answered questions TRUTHFULLY and was told at the end of the interview I would be contacted whether it was good/bad/indifferent. I called that Friday morning to follow-up & was told by Carl "We are still interviewing and will contact you within a week" I was hopeful, after all I had an employee referral for the position. After doing errands I came home and checked my mail. Inside I discovered a card from Blain's with Carl's signature on it, stating that "after much serious thought, we have determined that we do not have a position to offer you at this time" IS IT FARM & FLEET POLICY TO LIE TO POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES?????

Interview Questions
    • Which of your past employers did you like least and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet in August 2013.

After stopping in store and submitting an application, I was called back the next day for an interview. I met with one of the assistant managers and was asked very general interview questions, like "describe a situation in which you had to deal with an irate customer". They also have a small questionaire to assess your workplace compatibility. They let me know right away that they would take me on the next day, pending a standard drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Would you go against company policy to satisfy a disgruntled customer?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet.

Had two interviews and they were standard retail management interviews. "Tell me about a time" Had to speak with 3 HR reps and then a district manager.

Interview Questions
    • No diffucult questions, just policy and procedure type. "What would you do"?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, not even at 90 days. They do not pay based on experience, all asistants are brought in at the same salary with 1 year oof experience or 20 years of experience.

Copy Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet in July 2012.

I was contacted via phone by the head of retail. He asked me some problems regarding salary, expectations, and job experience. He told me to expect a phone call the next day, but I got one within a half an hour. This phone call told me that they wanted me to come to their HQ for an interview. Later that week, I interviewed. The interview went smoothly and was very informal. The lead editor told me that the interview was done but I had to stay for some personality test. I waited for an hour; after asking the receptionist for some clarification, it was announced that the HR person forgot about me. I quickly got through the paper work and got the hell out of there! I then received an email the next day that required me to write some mock documents up. After two-three weeks of waiting for a response, I finally got a letter in the mail saying that I didn't get the job for the Administrative Assistant! I didn't even apply for that job! This is why they need someone for their writing team! Idiots! Good thing I didn't get that job, I would have to work with absolute idiots.

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet in March 2012.

They honestly did not seem to care at all what I had to say, they were more interested in filling out the interview paperwork management had given them. All of my answers were well thought out and precise, in the end all they do is circle a 1 (terrible) or a 5 (excellent).

Interview Questions
    They don't at all. They tell you what they pay and tell you that everyone starts there, they dont care when you can work as long as it is somehow at least 20 hours a week.

All Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet in June 2011.

Interview process consists of a one-on-one talk with either the store manager or one of the four assistant managers. If they are interested in hiring someone they will call or have someone from the front desk call and set up a date and time for an interview.

Nothing was negotiated.

Floor Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet in May 2011.

They said the floor positions were filled, although they were just on-line and I came in the very next morning. So I had to take the cashier job. The HR person hired me then the cashier supervisor talked to me, they told me to take the drug test on Monday by 3:00, and they would call me in 2-3 days. I did what they said. They never called me, I called several times, they would say they didn't get my drug test back, this kept going on, then I got a card in the mail saying I was not hired, all positions were taken! I called quite upset. 10 minutes later corporate called me & said there was a problem with my drug test, I take prescription meds., told them from the beginning, got that straight, finally got a call one day before orientation.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any, just all the ??'s you read about on-line, the basic ones.   Answer Question
    Only was over hours I guess, told them I don't drive in the dark, didn't seem concerned about it. I had put my availability at 6 A.M. - 6 P.M. Sun.-Sat. asked if someone was late or something like that, would I stay until they got help. I replied, sure, I would. And I had put part-time at 20-25 hours a week!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet in June 2010.

Interviewed the same week I was hired
    Start date was moved
    Store management was confused about when my 1st day of employment would begin

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail an experience where you took a negative situation, and made it into a positive outcome.   View Answer
    Not much was negotiable
    I found out later on that I had been hired under false understanding. I was told that I was the head of a particular department but, they decided to give the position to someone else whom came in from another location.

Customer Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blain Farm and Fleet in August 2009.

Walked in and told the girl at the counter that I was there for an interview. She told me to have a seat in the chairs across the store and she'd tell the manager I was there. 20 minutes later he came to get me. He took me upstairs to a small room and asked me a series of generic questions ajd hen gave me a background check form to fill out and a personality test to take. 45 minutes later, after I'd been done for 30 minutes, he took the papers and then I waited another half an hour and he came back. He offered me the job and then gave me drug test papers to take to the hospital. It took 2 weeks before I got called for orientation. I had called the hospital after 4 days since my drug test and they said the results had been sent into the employer 2 days before.

Interview Questions
    Negotiating the pay is not possible. They will not budge on it. Hours and schedule are dependant on what position you are hired for. Anything cashier or customer service desk related are non negotiable.