Blast Radius

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.5

Interaction Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blast Radius.

Was referred by a current employee. I was brought in for an interview shortly after and was offered a job a few weeks later. It's a pretty straight forward and quick interview process if you are the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions about your work and the process/thought behind it.   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blast Radius in April 2010.

Thorough complete and to the point. The interviewer asked probing case-based questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your digial media experience   View Answer
    • Asked about customer-facing interaction   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blast Radius.

3 rounds. First one was over the phone with the recruiter. Second one was with my prospective boss who assessed my PM technical skills. Third one to assess fit with account team and strategy.

Very laid back process overall. Got the impression they put a lot of effort into finding the right fit.

Interview Questions
    Pretty fast. Took place over one conversation. Overall got exactly what i wanted and did not have to sacrifice much.

Interaction Architect Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blast Radius in August 2011.

I was happily working at another company. Blast contacted me out of the blue and said they had an exciting opening in my field.

I was intrigued, so I went into their office, and I was interviewed by three people. Apparently they liked what they saw because an offer came immediately afterwards. Unfortunately, their offer involved me taking a serious salary cut, less holiday time and longer work hours.

I counter-offered with terms I thought were fairer. I also brought up the fact that some of their reviews on sites such as Glassdoor were not favourable, and could they explain why so many were complaining about the poor leadership and high turnover at Blast? What was their reply? Their offer was promptly and rudely rescinded!

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall being asked any specific questions, I recall having an engaging conversation about the challenges and opportunities we face in UX.   Answer Question

Wouldn't you decline a salary cut, less holiday time and longer work hours?

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blast Radius in December 2009.

Very rushed hiring process orchestrated by an external recruiter.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate very little.

Interface Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blast Radius in August 2009.

Senior Interface Developer and Technical Experience Director interviewed me with questions about my experience, what I've done on projects, as well as, any open source contributions. They were very personable, professional, and absolutely wonderful to talk to. They pretty much got me hooked into making Blast Radius my new home.

There weren't too many technical questions, just very basic things like explaining box model, event delegation, performance tuning, software tooling, debugging web applications, as well as, mobile web application development.

Interview Questions
    • How would you leverage HTML5 Local Storage?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as my previous salary was half of what Blast Radius offered me. I would suggest counter-offering and then providing them with an explanation of your experience with a focus on software estimation, relationship building, risk assessment, technical architecture, as well as, leadership capabilities.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blast Radius in September 2008.

It went very smoothly. Blast Radius worked very promptly moving from one step of the recruitment process to another, while keeping me informed of what is going on.

Interview Questions
    • What do they mean by the internet is "Stateless"   Answer Question
    • What do you think of theming engines VS pure CSS and HTML? Good or bad?   Answer Question