Blinds to Go Design Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.3

Design Consultant Interview

The company seems cool overall..I went to to one of the stores for a visit and that went great,had a phone interview and that went well also,had a 1 on 1 interview with a recruiter and that went excellent..when I had my last interview the manager told me to my face I wouldn't fit in with their company standards,I was judged on not remembering the meaning of my first name,he crossed out my first name and wrote it out the way he wanted to on my resume,told me there's no such thing as bad management,didn't believe my story to why I wanted to leave my current employer,kept looking out the door to stare at the receptionist and told me to my face I can't take criticism without even knowing me..that made me look at the whole company in a whole new perspective and if you really look at this situation it's a form of discrimination..let me add..the whole interview was very unprofessional and no he wasn't another race..never have I experienced something like this and I hope this doesn't happen to another person again..I actually tried to reach out to someone to discuss it and I was ignored

Interview Questions
  • What does my first name mean,what previous jobs have I applied for and why haven't I received a call for a interview????   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blinds to Go

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blinds to Go in November 2012.

The found my resume online. Called me in to go see the store. Manager asked me illegal questions regarding my age and ethnic background. Called me back in to meet with both HR people. Kept asking illegal interview questions. They didn't like it when I asked them questions about working 10 hour days or having to clean the bathrooms.

It seems to me that they only want to hire people who are in their twenties and straight out of college.

Interview Questions
    • How old are you? Where were you born? What is your "race"?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blinds to Go in February 2011.

Long process with multiple people. Asks about previous jobs.. why you chose them.. how you chose them.. what you plan on getting out of it. Breakdown of what you did at each previous job on resume. Asked for your feedback and end of interview and gave you feedback as well.

Interview Questions
    • Giving the interviewer feedback on the interview.   View Answer
    No negotiation phase... salary is set for all new hires (as I was told)

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blinds to Go in November 2009.

The interview was rather informal, but the people were professional and extremely friendly. I cannot stress enough how great the people were- the position's pay was the only big problem.

Interview Questions

They don't seem to treat their employees well, making them stand up all day. Why would they not be able to sit on a tall stool while clicking on a computer? Sitting wouldn't make them look any less professional. But my main problem was that the pay is extremely low, especially considering the level of education they want their employees (who are basically glorified salespeople who do absolutely no design work) to have.

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blinds to Go in May 2014.

It didn't take long to receive a call from BTG.
    1. Phone call & a short interview getting to know yourself
    2. They'll tell you to visit one of their store locations just to show you what they do on a daily
    3. Call back the recruiter if you're interested in the position set a date and time for the face to face interview.
    4. Go to meet with the CEO in New Jersey. (Also, that's where the training is located)

Anybody can get this job, they just sucker you in saying what you want to hear.
    Plus one interim manager has to manage 6 different locations traveling around for weeks which can be very tough.

Interview Questions

The position is not worth the long travels

Design Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blinds to Go.

Had an in store interview with the current manager and second interview with another manager at another location.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to travel to other store locations in other cities.   Answer Question

Design Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blinds to Go.

You first do a phone interview, then an interview in store. They ask you alot of unecessary personal questions like what jobs your parents and siblings have. What places you've travelled to and could they look at your passport to see your stamps.
    Once hired they send you for a week long training in New Jersey, which is a waste you dont learn anything there that they couldnt of taught you in the store.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the world, real or imaginary what would it be?   Answer Question

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blinds to Go in November 2011.

Very unique hiring process! The first make you visit one of the stores where you spend time with a Design Consultant that will run you through our day-to-day experiences. You will get a chance to understand that company and the job so much more before you enter the interview process - giving everyone an opportunity to see that job before they accept it.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there were any "difficult" questions, but you are expected to be very open an honest during the interview. They want to see what kind of a person you are, not to hear about past experience and how you handled certain situations.   View Answer

Design Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blinds to Go in July 2010.

it was very easy, i got a call and we had a telephone interview and they I was called for a one to one interview.

Design Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blinds to Go in April 2010.

I applied online and after 5 - 6 days recieved a call from Recruiter. Recruiter asked me few general questions over phone and called in for 1st round of interview at another city on saturday . I drove there, arrived at time and was successful at 1st round, inteview was based on my resume, she asked me about my job responsibilities at my previous jobs, what I learnt, etc. In the end she told me I have to go for 2nd round at another city next week.
    Ist interviewer was nice and intelligent.

My 2nd interview was with hiring manager,1:1. I gave her my copy of Resume as she didn't have one..... Hiring Manager asked me questions like why you want to work with BTG, what can you bring to company etc .

Interview Questions
    • Where have you applied except BTG.... they were asking the whole summary Which positions have you applied for and in which companies?   Answer Question

I was over qualified for the position and salary was low.