Blinds to Go

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Springfield, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blinds to Go in February 2011.

Interview Details – Long process with multiple people. Asks about previous jobs.. why you chose them.. how you chose them.. what you plan on getting out of it. Breakdown of what you did at each previous job on resume. Asked for your feedback and end of interview and gave you feedback as well.

Interview Question – Giving the interviewer feedback on the interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase... salary is set for all new hires (as I was told)

Very Easy Interview

Everett, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blinds to Go in November 2012.

Interview Details – The found my resume online. Called me in to go see the store. Manager asked me illegal questions regarding my age and ethnic background. Called me back in to meet with both HR people. Kept asking illegal interview questions. They didn't like it when I asked them questions about working 10 hour days or having to clean the bathrooms.

It seems to me that they only want to hire people who are in their twenties and straight out of college.

Interview Question – How old are you? Where were you born? What is your "race"?   View Answer

Springfield, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Blinds to Go in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was rather informal, but the people were professional and extremely friendly. I cannot stress enough how great the people were- the position's pay was the only big problem.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – They don't seem to treat their employees well, making them stand up all day. Why would they not be able to sit on a tall stool while clicking on a computer? Sitting wouldn't make them look any less professional. But my main problem was that the pay is extremely low, especially considering the level of education they want their employees (who are basically glorified salespeople who do absolutely no design work) to have.

Design Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blinds to Go.

Interview Details – Had an in store interview with the current manager and second interview with another manager at another location.

Interview Question – Are you able to travel to other store locations in other cities.   Answer Question

Design Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blinds to Go.

Interview Details – You first do a phone interview, then an interview in store. They ask you alot of unecessary personal questions like what jobs your parents and siblings have. What places you've travelled to and could they look at your passport to see your stamps.
Once hired they send you for a week long training in New Jersey, which is a waste you dont learn anything there that they couldnt of taught you in the store.

Interview Question – If you could have any job in the world, real or imaginary what would it be?   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blinds to Go in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very unique hiring process! The first make you visit one of the stores where you spend time with a Design Consultant that will run you through our day-to-day experiences. You will get a chance to understand that company and the job so much more before you enter the interview process - giving everyone an opportunity to see that job before they accept it.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there were any "difficult" questions, but you are expected to be very open an honest during the interview. They want to see what kind of a person you are, not to hear about past experience and how you handled certain situations.   View Answer

Design Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blinds to Go in July 2010.

Interview Details – it was very easy, i got a call and we had a telephone interview and they I was called for a one to one interview.

Design Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blinds to Go in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and after 5 - 6 days recieved a call from Recruiter. Recruiter asked me few general questions over phone and called in for 1st round of interview at another city on saturday . I drove there, arrived at time and was successful at 1st round, inteview was based on my resume, she asked me about my job responsibilities at my previous jobs, what I learnt, etc. In the end she told me I have to go for 2nd round at another city next week.
Ist interviewer was nice and intelligent.

My 2nd interview was with hiring manager,1:1. I gave her my copy of Resume as she didn't have one..... Hiring Manager asked me questions like why you want to work with BTG, what can you bring to company etc .

Interview Question – Where have you applied except BTG.... they were asking the whole summary Which positions have you applied for and in which companies?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was over qualified for the position and salary was low.

Design Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blinds to Go in June 2008.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview first, then one on one interview with the manager. After that, did some store visits and got a chance to chat with some employees to get a feel of what the job is.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blinds to Go

Worked for Blinds to Go? Contribute to the Community!