Blizzard Entertainment

66 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Test Engineer Intern Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through their company career website and about a month later I heard back from University Relations. They set up a general phone interview with the typical why do you want to work here questions. After that I had a technical interview with 2 Blizzard devs. They asked me typical questions about technologies listed on my resume, challenges i've faced and how I resolved them. Then they asked me to tell them everything I know about Hash Tables since I mentioned using them in a prior question they asked. After this interview they said they'd contact me if they were still interested.

They contacted me via e-mail about a week later to set up another technical interview. This time I was meeting with 3 different devs. They called and had me connect to a website where I would solve a problem . After about 40 minutes they were ( or seemed ) satisfied with my solution and let me ask them some questions.

I was told it would be 1-2 weeks that I would hear back from them regarding my status on the position - it's been 3 weeks now so I'm assuming I did not get the position. It's a bummer, the engineers I spoke with seemed like pretty cool people and I would have liked to learn from them. Oh well, better luck next year right?

Interview Question – They asked me to write a function to find the amount of grouped words given an array of words. They also gave me a definition for a grouped word but I wont put that here. Know your basics and you're solid.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment.

Interview Details – A week after the deadline for the internship program, I received an email from the recruiter to set up an appointment for a phone interview with her. The first interview was just an initial screening of the candidates background to see whether or not your passion, personality and attitude fits with their company.

A few days after the interview, I received another email for another phone interview appointment the week after, this time with two Software Engineers. We talked about about my background, technical experience and how much have I learned in school.

After a week, they set me up with another interview with two other Software Engineers. This time I have to be in front of a computer. They redirect me to a website (somewhat like Google docs) where we both can see what I've typed. They asked a bunch of simple coding question and will ask you to explain as you code.

About a week from the last interview, they sent me an email saying that I didn't get into their internship program. Although I didn't get it, I still respect their time and consideration. My recruiter was pretty helpful and responded to my emails very quickly.

Interview Question – I won't be listing any problems here. As long as you know how to work with simple arrays, sorting or anything you learn from Data Structure class in school, you should be ready.   Answer Question

Associate Animator Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment.

Interview Details – Went through some basic questiones, like why do you want to work here? What's your work experience? Do you play WOW? What's your working progress? etc

Interview Question – Ninja or pirate?   View Answer

Senior Systems Administrator - Exchange Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in November 2013.

Interview Details – At the beginning of the process received a lot of communication and had several rounds of interviews quickly. After two phone interviews and a skype interview back in mid November I was told I would hear back within a few weeks. The last I heard in January is the hiring manager still has not made up their mind on who they want for the position.

Interview Question – Many in depth questions asking step by step for how to perform certain tasks and migrations of servers.   Answer Question

Web Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in June 2013.

Interview Details – They seemed very stiff and quiet during my interview. It seemed like they were simply reading questions from a piece of paper straight through, without any genuine interest in what I had to say. (The interviewers were people that I would potentially work with, not recruiters.) I'd often say something and they wouldn't say anything back - not even a "yes", or "mhm", or "ok".

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Irvine, CA

Interview Details – I applied online on the Blizzard website and I didn't get an email that asked me to go onsite for an interview until 4 months later.

The onsite interview was very informal and interesting. I met with three other engineers in a room and we chatted about my past technical experiences and what I like in general. Blizzard puts a heavy emphasis on company fit so that was probably the purpose of this interview.

About a week later, I received a second email for a technical phone interview. I was asked several pretty simple coding problems. A few days later I received an offer.

Interview Question – Write a function that finds an integer that has duplicates out of a list of integers. For example, with input [1, 2, 2, 3], the function should return 2.   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview Details – Phone call. Have to give a cover letter. They were very nice but seemed a bit overwhelmed. They missed the deadline in getting back to me and didn't do any of the things they said they would. They are pretty fast and loose on their hiring and firing. They might be growing a little too fast.

Concept Artist Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was an extremely long interview. I think I met practically every other artist I would be working with. It seems like they liked my work and just wanted to make sure I would be nice to work with. Concept art jobs are not especially technical and they already have a really good idea of your art capabilities before they hire you.

They love Blizzard fans and game fans, so make sure you've played the games and at least can speak intelligently about them.

As a concept artist, it's important to be well versed in popular culture from an art perspective.

Interview Question – Questions were not especially difficult. It's pretty easy to know what answers they want to hear. "What would you do if you were asked to make a concept of X?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in May 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online. Was called back by Raquel. Panel interview with one Team Leader and one Senior (TL underling).

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. They just want to make sure you know about the culture and products.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Cut and dry.

QA Analyst Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied directly through the Blizzard Career site online. Got an email response followed by an interview in person. Very straight forward.

Interview Question – I was asked about my former classmates from college that had been working their for a few years. I went in not knowing they were even employed at the time.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blizzard Entertainment

Worked for Blizzard Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blizzard Entertainment interview questions and advice. All 66 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blizzard Entertainment employees and interview candidates.