Blockbuster Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

the hiring process was pretty laid back. just talked with me and asked what movies i liked and what i liked to do in general. i felt like it was more to see who i was and if i would fit with the current staff's personalities.

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

Store Manager was one hour late for interview. She told me that the District Manager needed to do the interview, because she wasn't allowed to interview management postitions for the store. She couldn't give me any information as to when I could interview for the job.

Unorganizied

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in May 2008.

The interview process didn't take long after the initial contact. It consisted of an online application followed by a call from the District Manager. He initially interviewed me for a Store Manager Posistion. Typical interview questions reguarding my past experience and situational questions about store operations. The process then continued with a call from the HR manger. That interview was more indept with probing questions into previous financial management and employee relation questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to achieve a sales goal that was to hard to achieve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in June 2007.

Applied Online, which entailed a Personality Test and some basic logic/math.
    3 days later called to schedule an interview.
    Interviewed in person, very laid back. Bumper question was: "What's your favorite movie?"
    Offered a position 1 day later by phone.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antigonish, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antigonish, NS (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

Very laid out and detailed process that led to me to being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle employee's who are not following policy?   View Answer
    Very solid because of my experience.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

I had already been with the company for over a year. The district manager was looking for a store manager and I told him that I would like to throw my hat into the ring. He called back within a couple of days with a job offer pending interview. They do like to promote from within when possible.

Interview Questions
    • He needed me to give details about what was going on with management at that location. I do not like to rat people out so it was challenging to try to be as honest as possible without selling people out.   View Answer
    He threw out a number and I said yes. They don't negotiate there.