Blockbuster

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – the hiring process was pretty laid back. just talked with me and asked what movies i liked and what i liked to do in general. i felt like it was more to see who i was and if i would fit with the current staff's personalities.

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

Interview Details – Store Manager was one hour late for interview. She told me that the District Manager needed to do the interview, because she wasn't allowed to interview management postitions for the store. She couldn't give me any information as to when I could interview for the job.

Reason for Declining – Unorganizied

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process didn't take long after the initial contact. It consisted of an online application followed by a call from the District Manager. He initially interviewed me for a Store Manager Posistion. Typical interview questions reguarding my past experience and situational questions about store operations. The process then continued with a call from the HR manger. That interview was more indept with probing questions into previous financial management and employee relation questions.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you had to achieve a sales goal that was to hard to achieve?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2007.

Interview Details – Applied Online, which entailed a Personality Test and some basic logic/math.
3 days later called to schedule an interview.
Interviewed in person, very laid back. Bumper question was: "What's your favorite movie?"
Offered a position 1 day later by phone.

Interview Question – What's your favorite movie?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

Interview Details – I had already been with the company for over a year. The district manager was looking for a store manager and I told him that I would like to throw my hat into the ring. He called back within a couple of days with a job offer pending interview. They do like to promote from within when possible.

Interview Question – He needed me to give details about what was going on with management at that location. I do not like to rat people out so it was challenging to try to be as honest as possible without selling people out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He threw out a number and I said yes. They don't negotiate there.

Antigonish, NS (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

Interview Details – Very laid out and detailed process that led to me to being offered the position.

Interview Question – How would you handle employee's who are not following policy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very solid because of my experience.

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!