2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

I asked if there were any openings at my blockbuster store and I was referred to the online application. It included a one hour test, primarily a business ethics and media knowlege test. Brush up on games and game systems if you can. Then I was invited on short notice (the same day) for a group interview. It was actually enjoyable and upbeat. It took place in a Blockbuster store and I was told to grab a movie off the shelf that was "me" and tell everyone why it was "me". I was the oldest person there. The hiring person was very respectful in general and seemed very excited to have someone of my experience. I have been told right off that I am being considered for management after the holidays. The training program is fantastic, I am very happr with it and while I have to work hard and push sales, my Manager works just as hard. I have been offered two other jobs since, but am thinking of staying at Blockbuster because I like the way it is currently run.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think most people will steal if they know they wont be caught?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation for this job but am promised more after the seasonal job is complete

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2009.

I walked in with a smile around noon on a weekday and asked if they were hiring, the store manager asked if I could go for an interview the very next day (no they were not desperate for help). I dressed casual for the interview (pants and a polo shirt) I went in 5 minutes prior to the interview, the assistant manager was also working, he was very happy and greeted me with a smile. I was walked over to the office for a sit down 1:1 with the store manager. I immediately thank the store manager for solely giving me an opportunity for an interview. She asked me about my knowledge on movies and games- such as what's your favorite movie/genre And so on, along with some personal questions such as, what do you do in your spare time? Where do you see yourself in 5 years (classic)? The Interview lasted 30-45 min

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    Ask about opportunities to become part of upper level management, it lets them know you want to pursue higher positions in the company, and they will automatically begin to train you after you learn the basics at the job.