Blockbuster

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – is very easy

Interview Question – nothing....do you like movies   Answer Question

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in September 2009.

Interview Details – Went in store to apply and got an interview. Really simple.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was what is your favorite movie and what other movie would you refer a customer to if it wasn't available.   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in March 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty run of the mill interview. They run down your application and ask about your previous experience and what you can bring to the company. After the interview they give you a call to let you know you've been hired and when you'll start

Interview Question – There wasn't really one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it's a flat hourly base pay.

Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in January 2012.

Interview Details – Well I arrived there and had to wait about 20 minutes for others to arrive. As soon as they did. We introduced ourselves, explained on how we'd sell a particular item and did a scavenger hunt. I ended up getting a 2nd interview, but all she wanted to know was my work history. She then explained the job. She said to wait for a call because she said a dm would have to review my application & do a background check. She never called though. I wouldnt apply though as I looked up the company and they are pretty much bankrupt.

Interview Question – Work history?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy interview than most.

Brighton, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy interview.

I was asked to go to the back room and had a 1:1 interview with a nice lady. There were general questions like why do you want this job and what would you bring to the company. There were also movie related questions. What is your favorite move and why? Overall very easy. Unfortunately they had to downsize a week after the interview and I didn't get the job. Not sure if they do a background check or drug test.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie and how would you sell it to me?   Answer Question

West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a week after to set up an appointment for the interview. It all started with small talk then he asked some stuff about high school since i had just graduated that year, such as the clubs i was in, my grades, and any regrets i had. Then towards the end asked me to go around the store and choose two movies and convince him to buy those movies. He also gave me a list of different membership plans then asked me to sell one to him.

Interview Question – Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was ok. Basic, common sense questions. I didn't get it because I wasn't able to work 3 out of the 4 days they needed me to.

Interview Questions

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in January 2008.

Interview Details – Store manager called me up and asked to talk to me in person.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blockbuster

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blockbuster Cashier interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blockbuster employees and interview candidates.