Blockbuster

Blockbuster Cashier Interview Questions

1.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

is very easy

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in January 2012.

Well I arrived there and had to wait about 20 minutes for others to arrive. As soon as they did. We introduced ourselves, explained on how we'd sell a particular item and did a scavenger hunt. I ended up getting a 2nd interview, but all she wanted to know was my work history. She then explained the job. She said to wait for a call because she said a dm would have to review my application & do a background check. She never called though. I wouldnt apply though as I looked up the company and they are pretty much bankrupt.

Interview Questions
    Easy interview than most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

I applied online and got a call a week after to set up an appointment for the interview. It all started with small talk then he asked some stuff about high school since i had just graduated that year, such as the clubs i was in, my grades, and any regrets i had. Then towards the end asked me to go around the store and choose two movies and convince him to buy those movies. He also gave me a list of different membership plans then asked me to sell one to him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in September 2010.

Very easy interview.

I was asked to go to the back room and had a 1:1 interview with a nice lady. There were general questions like why do you want this job and what would you bring to the company. There were also movie related questions. What is your favorite move and why? Overall very easy. Unfortunately they had to downsize a week after the interview and I didn't get the job. Not sure if they do a background check or drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite movie and how would you sell it to me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in September 2009.

Went in store to apply and got an interview. Really simple.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what is your favorite movie and what other movie would you refer a customer to if it wasn't available.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in March 2009.

Pretty run of the mill interview. They run down your application and ask about your previous experience and what you can bring to the company. After the interview they give you a call to let you know you've been hired and when you'll start

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as it's a flat hourly base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in April 2008.

Interview was ok. Basic, common sense questions. I didn't get it because I wasn't able to work 3 out of the 4 days they needed me to.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in January 2008.

Store manager called me up and asked to talk to me in person.