Blockbuster Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

1.9

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxnard, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

sat in back room and was asked questions - the questions were simple, in fact he barely noticed I was there and was interrupted multiple times, he later admitted he only hired me to upset the store manager.

Interview Questions
  • where do I see myself in 10 years. worse questions ever   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Luling, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, LA

I applied online - interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2011.

I applied to the job two months before receiving a phone call from the manager of the store. I was called in for the interview the next day after the call. The manager asked me questions about myself and my goals in life and showed me around the store. I was offered the job during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Expect to be interviewed by managers that do NOT run your store, and expect to be interviewed by three of them at once. They were very nice and asked questions about my hobbies and skills rather than experience, they look for somebody that would be a good fit for the store and will get along well with other employees.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a weakness, what would it be?   View Answer
    Simple, they offer you a pay, if you say no, they bump it by 50 cents, if you say no once more, you walk out the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Hiring was simple. Apply online for a specific job or simply submit your application for multiple locations. A store manager will contact you and ask you to come in at a specific time. The store manager will interview you and often give you an answer as to whether you are hired then and there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you've gone out of your way to assist a customer.   Answer Question
    Little negotiation possible, maybe a pay rate of .50 higher then the norm.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Blockbuster.

This was my first job interview and coincidentally the interviewee's first time giving a job interview. So everything was actually pretty easygoing and simple. I was called for an interview a few days after applying, and about 5 days after interviewing I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

I submitted my application online. I do not remember the time frame, probably a few weeks later I had received a call from a store manager wanting me to come in for an interview. We set up the appointment. The interview itself went very smooth, I showed up at the store and we had talked in the back room. She asked me some questions, it appeared she liked me. She told me she wanted me to come back for a second interview because she was transfering and a new manager was starting there.

When I came back for my second interview, the new manager was very casual. He had asked me a few questions and told me right there that I was hired. He had asked me what I wanted to make and I told him that I didn't want anything less than 7.50 p/h because that's what I was making at my old job. He laughed at me and told me I'd be making 9.00. Which was high for the position I took.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bremerton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in November 2010.

Questions were fair and understandable. It never seemed like they were asking the same questions over and over to catch you in a lie. The management talked to you as someone you've known for a long time. They never lost contact with me during the interview and hiring process. It took them very little time to get me set up in the computer and a uniform shirt. Training modules, while outdated and slow, were extremely helpful. Training with management was a smooth and understanding process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on how to deal with customer issues were hard to answer because I was unsure of company policy and inner workings.   View Answer
    I was offered a little over minimum wage to begin and received the amount of hours I had requested. There was no negotiation needed but judging by the feel of the situation, they would have if I needed it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2009.

Very straightforward and friendly interview. They asked me questions regarding my favorite movies, whether i liked working with people, and to talk about different situations in previous jobs that I held in the past. It was very low-key and nothing too surprising was asked. I met with the outgoing store manager, and the person being promoted to take his place as store manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Pretty easy. Just be enthusiastic, confident, show interest in products and definitely show interest or even desire to sell

Interview Questions
    Offered an hourly rate and accepted

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Was a group interview held in the open floor of the store,We first went around the group introducing ourselves, then told what working for Blockbuster was liking and how they were trying to put more emphasis on customer service, after that we were separated into two groups and asked to do a scavenger hunt in the store, Then as the final part in one group again they asked us several questions

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wanna work for blockbuster, and how can you help improve the company   Answer Question

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!