Blockbuster Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

1.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

This was my first job interview and coincidentally the interviewee's first time giving a job interview. So everything was actually pretty easygoing and simple. I was called for an interview a few days after applying, and about 5 days after interviewing I was hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application online. I do not remember the time frame, probably a few weeks later I had received a call from a store manager wanting me to come in for an interview. We set up the appointment. The interview itself went very smooth, I showed up at the store and we had talked in the back room. She asked me some questions, it appeared she liked me. She told me she wanted me to come back for a second interview because she was transfering and a new manager was starting there. When I came back for my second interview, the new manager was very casual. He had asked me a few questions and told me right there that I was hired. He had asked me what I wanted to make and I told him that I didn't want anything less than 7.50 p/h because that's what I was making at my old job. He laughed at me and told me I'd be making 9.00. Which was high for the position I took.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Was a group interview held in the open floor of the store,We first went around the group introducing ourselves, then told what working for Blockbuster was liking and how they were trying to put more emphasis on customer service, after that we were separated into two groups and asked to do a scavenger hunt in the store, Then as the final part in one group again they asked us several questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for blockbuster, and how can you help improve the company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Pretty easy. Just be enthusiastic, confident, show interest in products and definitely show interest or even desire to sell

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered an hourly rate and accepted

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

one interview one hire

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blockbuster (Chandler, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

Fun interview first a one on one then a group interview. The one on one just went over why I wanted to work there and what my experience and knowledge was of movies. The group interview was fun we all were given a partner to role play with doing an up sell.

Interview Questions

• How would you up sell to a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Blockbuster (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Very simple interview. Mostly wanted to know if your schedule was flexible/you could work any hours. Also seemed to be really insistent that they would do a background check before hiring. Hiring process was delayed because it occurred through the New Year. No drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, really. They focused on soft skills - responsibility, punctuality, good customer service, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blockbuster (Sacramento, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Received an email for a Casting Call (group interview). The email requested us to RSVP for the interview. I called the number provided and they confirmed time and location. On the day of the interview, we all signed in and received a name tag. There were 12 individuals in our group interview. We got into a circle. The manager and regional manager spoke about the company. Next, we introduced ourselves. Then played the Actor/Actress-Movie game ["A" names a movie, "B" (next to "A") names an actor/actress in a movie, "C" (next to "B") names another movie the actor/actress was in, etc...]. Then manager and RM discuss that as a Rep we would "sell" Dish Network to Blockbuster customers, so they gave us all pamphlets, gave us 2 mins to study it, paired up with one another, then sold Dish Network to our partner for a few minutes as the manager/RM went around to listen. After that was done, we got into groups of 4-5 and received a sheet of items/movies and went on a scavenger hunt. Lastly, we got back into a circle and we had to answer "Why do you want to work at Blockbuster and what can you bring to the store?"

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Blockbuster and what can you bring to the store?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blockbuster (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

First interview took place at an open store, with many other potential employees. This 'group interview' is not for the faint of heart, or timid. You must be all in with attention to detail about movies and video games. Then you will be called for a second interview. This one is at another store all together, one on one, with someone that you didn't even see at the first and has no knowledge of what you went through the process before. Then she will tell you that she will call you in a week or so with her decision.

Interview Questions

• This was actually a game that was played with the group at the first interview. You are put on the spot and asked about an actor in a movie, then the next person says a co-star and the third person thinks of another in another movie. *This will change depending on the DM*   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster (Folsom, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had submitted my application online around May of 2012, I received an email about an open "casting call" interview in June, I went to the interview which included questions about movies and how to sell stuff. I waited almost a month and then I finally received a phone call asking if I wanted to take the job or not. I was hired in the middle of July.