Blockbuster Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.0

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (McKinney, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with the IT Ops Mgr. He asked me to describe my ITSM and IT Operations experience and how I could apply my experience to the position. The phone interview ended with a confirmed face to face interview with him The one-on-one was more in-depth in terms of the position and provided the platform to sell your skillset and what sets you apart from your competition. From the time I phone interviewed to an offer was less than roughly 7 days total (phone interview on a Wednesday, face to face interview on a Friday and had an offer that next Monday).

Interview Questions

• Asked me to described my ITSM and operations experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Know the market and your value within the market. I had to come down 10% from my original gross yearly contract rate to go perm. Wasn't pleased but in this market ...

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Flower Mound, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was really easy, because I built a relationship as a frequent customer with the staff. The original Store Manager was cool, but she got promoted to an Exec level position due to her prior experience as an auditor for the IRS.

Interview Questions

• Are you still looking for work? Do you want the job? You're hired.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Was called in for a SHIFT LEAD position because they had hired an assistant already. Easy interview, talked for a long time but was never called back. Store manager had said "Gee your qualified enough to take my job!" I guess I need to undersell myself. The position is designed for an entry-level person and my 15 years plus of retail sales and management closed the door on this one for me.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Plano, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Pretty run of the mill interview. They run down your application and ask about your previous experience and what you can bring to the company. After the interview they give you a call to let you know you've been hired and when you'll start

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as it's a flat hourly base pay.

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with director of the area I would be in and what would be my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your present job?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Dallas, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Started the process with an internal employee referral. I submitted a resume through an online portal and then heard from HR. Asked a few basic questions on the phone and then scheduled a day to come in for interviews. Interviewed with 3 people in the IT department. Questions about background, work experience, and SDLC. HR called back and asked for references. They called all the references. One day later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a project that got into trouble from a time and budget standpoint?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. They met my salary requirement.