Blockbuster

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in March 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty run of the mill interview. They run down your application and ask about your previous experience and what you can bring to the company. After the interview they give you a call to let you know you've been hired and when you'll start

Interview Question – There wasn't really one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it's a flat hourly base pay.

IT Service Management Process Specialist - IT Operations Services Interview

IT Service Management Process Specialist - IT Operations Services
McKinney, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the IT Ops Mgr. He asked me to describe my ITSM and IT Operations experience and how I could apply my experience to the position. The phone interview ended with a confirmed face to face interview with him The one-on-one was more in-depth in terms of the position and provided the platform to sell your skillset and what sets you apart from your competition. From the time I phone interviewed to an offer was less than roughly 7 days total (phone interview on a Wednesday, face to face interview on a Friday and had an offer that next Monday).

Interview Question – Asked me to described my ITSM and operations experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes. Know the market and your value within the market. I had to come down 10% from my original gross yearly contract rate to go perm. Wasn't pleased but in this market ...

Software Development Interview

Software Development
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in January 2008.

Interview Details – Started the process with an internal employee referral. I submitted a resume through an online portal and then heard from HR. Asked a few basic questions on the phone and then scheduled a day to come in for interviews. Interviewed with 3 people in the IT department. Questions about background, work experience, and SDLC. HR called back and asked for references. They called all the references. One day later I got an offer.

Interview Question – Did you ever have a project that got into trouble from a time and budget standpoint?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. They met my salary requirement.

Very Easy Interview

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was called in for a SHIFT LEAD position because they had hired an assistant already. Easy interview, talked for a long time but was never called back. Store manager had said "Gee your qualified enough to take my job!" I guess I need to undersell myself. The position is designed for an entry-level person and my 15 years plus of retail sales and management closed the door on this one for me.

Interview Questions

Inventory Manager Interview

Inventory Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with director of the area I would be in and what would be my direct supervisor.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your present job?   View Answer

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!