Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring was really basic. Filled out application got a phone call asking if I was still interested. They set up an appointment to come in. First interview was with the assistant manager, I was asked very basic questions like Tell me about yourself and, Why do you believe you are qualified for this position. Second interview was with store manager where I was informed about the job specifics.

Interview Questions

• How have you grown or changed over the past few years?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

A Phone Interview, then a Hun resource Interview, then an Interview with the DM and then with the RDO Interview, It was very classic behavior questions, centered around leadership. Last was 3 different assessments - again very typical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair and got extra vacation time

Sales Associate - Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Smooth interview that lasted all of 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about R-rated movies??   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Was initially recruited by professional contact, then had 3 tests plus 7 additional interview, up to and including the CIO. Then background and credit check prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• "if a project fails, who is the one person responsible"   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blockbuster (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was very brief an informal. I was called in and was interviewed in a back corner of the store, during business hours. It was a bit off putting; also two of the employees were fighting behind the front counter about a personal problem.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Once you apply, your name is put into an electronic database where your answers from the personality profile score you as red, yellow or green. Usually, only green candidates are selected. In Blockbuster, it's now what you know... it's who you know. If someone in the running knows someone in the company, they have a leg up on you, despite your background. There is a first interview with the store manager and if for a management position, a 2nd interview with a District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary from manager to manager. The best question to reply to though is, "Do you have any questions for me?" - This is a chance to really show the manager your true interest in the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

BB made an offer. I went to my current boss and he matched the offer. I went to BB and they raised the offer by 5K for management. I took the job at BB.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Quick and easy went in she asked about my future plans and anything she should know about my background that would come up later. Ofcourse there wasn't so everything went well.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions or unexpected question everything she asked I had heard before or knew was coming.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

They are no longer hiring. Closing down all remaining locations. Don't bother applying. Look for another job.... seriously.

Interview Questions

• What's the least amount of money we can pay you for 50 hour of work per week.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

This was my first job interview and coincidentally the interviewee's first time giving a job interview. So everything was actually pretty easygoing and simple. I was called for an interview a few days after applying, and about 5 days after interviewing I was hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application online. I do not remember the time frame, probably a few weeks later I had received a call from a store manager wanting me to come in for an interview. We set up the appointment. The interview itself went very smooth, I showed up at the store and we had talked in the back room. She asked me some questions, it appeared she liked me. She told me she wanted me to come back for a second interview because she was transfering and a new manager was starting there. When I came back for my second interview, the new manager was very casual. He had asked me a few questions and told me right there that I was hired. He had asked me what I wanted to make and I told him that I didn't want anything less than 7.50 p/h because that's what I was making at my old job. He laughed at me and told me I'd be making 9.00. Which was high for the position I took.