Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

1.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Store Manager was one hour late for interview. She told me that the District Manager needed to do the interview, because she wasn't allowed to interview management postitions for the store. She couldn't give me any information as to when I could interview for the job.

Unorganizied

Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hannibal, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Hannibal, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

I did many different interviews. Over the phone there were about 4 interviews, with many different people from the compnay in all different levels. Then on my last call I was asked to come in and talk to someone. THen I received another call and they gave me an offer for a job.

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Tracy, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I was called my a recruiter, which happen to be an assistant manager of one of the DM stores. Later, we became and still are good friends. then I went in for an interview at the local store..I waited for an hour at least but then the interview went well. I still am friends with the dm, AND then I had to wait to get an interview with the regional manager, turns out he was on vacation, so they went ahead and offered me the position. I was in a training store for several months, it was okay, I was able to to work and train without the pressure of having a store to pass or fail..this was nice because when I went to my own store I was confident. The only issue was when I was offered my store they made me interview with the regional manager...which was silly because I already was hired..were they going to fire me??? I did get the position but it was short lived..they ended up closing my store due to financial hardships. I decided to just finish and get my degree.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • most questions were open based questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was actually very easy. I told her what I wanted, and she wanted me so much she went in at a higher rate..plus when I went from training manager to store manager I was given another raise! It was nice especially since I the company was going through financial issues and cutting back on a lot of things. It was nice because I knew the DM valued me and knew I was worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Detroit, MI) in November 2008.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster in February 2008.

Interview

I filled out the application on the machine in the store, got called back about a week later for an interview and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2009.

Interview

I rented movies regularly and was asked to apply. I was a college student and the good thing is they work well with your schedule. unfortunately they do not pay well finding someone to cover your shift is hard. you will only get about 20 hours a week at minimum wage. so my advice is do not apply

Interview Questions

• they asked to sell something they found in the office   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2008.

Interview

just a one on one interview

Interview Questions

not as good as current job

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2008.

Interview

completed a phone interview, then completed a 400 question survey online through a third party agency

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynden, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Lynden, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

3 interviews, phone, manager, district manager

Interview Questions

• you discover employee theft what do you do   1 Answer
    • how would you handle a diffcult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

pay rate

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thorndale, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Thorndale, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

It took about a month to get an interview. When I got to the interview, the panel was more interested in my movie selections than in my experience. When I answered questions, the DM didn't understand some of my responses because she was only half listening. Got the job anyway because the Store Manager felt bad for me waiting so long for an interview. Now, I'm his best sales person.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst or grossest movie I've ever watched.   Answer Question