Blockbuster

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.2

Store Manager Interview

staretd as an assitant. quickly promoted to store manager. interview w store manger then distict manager then phone interview with regional manager

Store Manager Interview

It takes way to long to get a new employee into the system. The company is in the process of trying to streamline hire, but one is looking at around a month from the first interview to the first shift. Like all things about this company Dish Network didn't realize what they were getting into when they purchased this company.

Interview Questions
    • THIS IS A SALES JOB. All positions at store level are expected to sell.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

one interview one hire

none

Product Manager Interview

Interesting approach. Got to the core of the role. Asked pointed questions. Asked several open ended questions also. Also was able to pull out key elements of my career as related to the new role.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think you should get this job... convince me otherwise   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster.

The interview process starts with applying online at Blockbuster.com. The company that collects all the information in iCims. The District Manager will review the application and call for a phone interview. If you are still in consideration there will be at least one more phone interview with a group of District Managers and the Regional Director. If still in consideration there will be another interview with a top store manager of the district. So a minimum of three interviews if all goes well. If there is any doubt there may be one to two more with other top preforming store managers. The background check takes three to five days to complete. The main payroll and information system takes about another week to get all of the employees information downloaded.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wan to work for Blockbuster?   View Answer
    none

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster.

The interview process was kind of long. The hiring manager has two or three positions to fill at the time. The questions were general interview questions. Got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I was happy with what they offered me

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

They are no longer hiring. Closing down all remaining locations. Don't bother applying. Look for another job.... seriously.

Interview Questions
    • What's the least amount of money we can pay you for 50 hour of work per week.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Quick and easy went in she asked about my future plans and anything she should know about my background that would come up later. Ofcourse there wasn't so everything went well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions or unexpected question everything she asked I had heard before or knew was coming.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate - Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Smooth interview that lasted all of 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about R-rated movies??   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

A Phone Interview, then a Hun resource Interview, then an Interview with the DM and then with the RDO Interview, It was very classic behavior questions, centered around leadership. Last was 3 different assessments - again very typical

Interview Questions
    Fair and got extra vacation time