Blockbuster

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blockbuster.

Very basic interview. Nothing challenging. Only one interviewer in the room and they didn't seem experienced. Interview was held in a tiny back office and often times store associates would come in to have their break. It was a bit disruptive.

There wasn't one.

Sales Associate Interview

Hiring was really basic. Filled out application got a phone call asking if I was still interested. They set up an appointment to come in. First interview was with the assistant manager, I was asked very basic questions like Tell me about yourself and, Why do you believe you are qualified for this position. Second interview was with store manager where I was informed about the job specifics.

Interview Questions
    • How have you grown or changed over the past few years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

sat in back room and was asked questions - the questions were simple, in fact he barely noticed I was there and was interrupted multiple times, he later admitted he only hired me to upset the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • where do I see myself in 10 years. worse questions ever   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in September 2010.

They asked basic questions to make sure you would show up on time and you were personable. They are looking for people that are dependable and won't steal. They also want to know that you can deal with people and won't yell back at angry customers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would react if a customer was upset and started yelling.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

A Phone Interview, then a Hun resource Interview, then an Interview with the DM and then with the RDO Interview, It was very classic behavior questions, centered around leadership. Last was 3 different assessments - again very typical

Interview Questions
    Fair and got extra vacation time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2011.

I applied to the job two months before receiving a phone call from the manager of the store. I was called in for the interview the next day after the call. The manager asked me questions about myself and my goals in life and showed me around the store. I was offered the job during the interview.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in March 2010.

I originally had to go through several interviews before finally getting hired on. Back in the day you would get a job offer then have to attend a new hire class before starting.It took most people about 3 or 4 weeks to get used to the flow of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Probably expected but having to "sell" a stapler to the manager.   View Answer
    n/a

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

I applied online. Then received a call for an interview. I then Interview with District Manager. After they decided I then received a Phone interview with Regional Manger. Then they did a Background check. This is pretty much what they did for all jobs that they were hiring for. Thanks

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst customer service experience?   View Answer

Sales Associate - Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Smooth interview that lasted all of 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about R-rated movies??   View Answer

Area Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in February 2010.

Little to no interview structure for any position. Just a list of "do not ask" questions, and then go off of your "gut" feelings.