Blockbuster

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.1

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster.

I applied online and in less than a week I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I met with store manager for the location that I applied for and was asked a few questions about where I saw myself in the next few years and about my retail experience.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

is very easy

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster.

The interview process was kind of long. The hiring manager has two or three positions to fill at the time. The questions were general interview questions. Got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I was happy with what they offered me

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster.

The interview process starts with applying online at Blockbuster.com. The company that collects all the information in iCims. The District Manager will review the application and call for a phone interview. If you are still in consideration there will be at least one more phone interview with a group of District Managers and the Regional Director. If still in consideration there will be another interview with a top store manager of the district. So a minimum of three interviews if all goes well. If there is any doubt there may be one to two more with other top preforming store managers. The background check takes three to five days to complete. The main payroll and information system takes about another week to get all of the employees information downloaded.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wan to work for Blockbuster?   View Answer
    none

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Was a group interview held in the open floor of the store,We first went around the group introducing ourselves, then told what working for Blockbuster was liking and how they were trying to put more emphasis on customer service, after that we were separated into two groups and asked to do a scavenger hunt in the store, Then as the final part in one group again they asked us several questions

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wanna work for blockbuster, and how can you help improve the company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Pretty easy. Just be enthusiastic, confident, show interest in products and definitely show interest or even desire to sell

Interview Questions
    Offered an hourly rate and accepted

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

the hiring process was pretty laid back. just talked with me and asked what movies i liked and what i liked to do in general. i felt like it was more to see who i was and if i would fit with the current staff's personalities.

one interview one hire

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Blockbuster.

Very simple interview. Mostly wanted to know if your schedule was flexible/you could work any hours. Also seemed to be really insistent that they would do a background check before hiring. Hiring process was delayed because it occurred through the New Year. No drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, really. They focused on soft skills - responsibility, punctuality, good customer service, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Blockbuster in August 2012.

Received an email for a Casting Call (group interview). The email requested us to RSVP for the interview. I called the number provided and they confirmed time and location. On the day of the interview, we all signed in and received a name tag. There were 12 individuals in our group interview. We got into a circle. The manager and regional manager spoke about the company. Next, we introduced ourselves. Then played the Actor/Actress-Movie game ["A" names a movie, "B" (next to "A") names an actor/actress in a movie, "C" (next to "B") names another movie the actor/actress was in, etc...]. Then manager and RM discuss that as a Rep we would "sell" Dish Network to Blockbuster customers, so they gave us all pamphlets, gave us 2 mins to study it, paired up with one another, then sold Dish Network to our partner for a few minutes as the manager/RM went around to listen. After that was done, we got into groups of 4-5 and received a sheet of items/movies and went on a scavenger hunt. Lastly, we got back into a circle and we had to answer "Why do you want to work at Blockbuster and what can you bring to the store?"

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work at Blockbuster and what can you bring to the store?"   Answer Question