Blockbuster

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Concord, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2012.

Interview Details – I needed to communicate to my DM that I was interested in being a Store manager. Then my DM talked with a couple of store managers at other stores that knew me, as well as my current store manager and co-workers. Interview lasted a good hour and covered current staff and store operations. It also focused on my confidence on meeting future challenges.

Interview Question – How was the store's tnr to budget compared to last years.   View Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – I applied online and in less than a week I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I met with store manager for the location that I applied for and was asked a few questions about where I saw myself in the next few years and about my retail experience.

Interview Question – What are your top 3 favorite movies?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – is very easy

Interview Question – nothing....do you like movies   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

Shift Lead
Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in November 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume online through the Blockbuster website. Received a call for an interview, came in to the store to have the interview in the back room. Submitted a background check, then was hired.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in September 2009.

Interview Details – Went in store to apply and got an interview. Really simple.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was what is your favorite movie and what other movie would you refer a customer to if it wasn't available.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

CSA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – The interview process was kind of long. The hiring manager has two or three positions to fill at the time. The questions were general interview questions. Got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – I don't remember specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was happy with what they offered me

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with applying online at Blockbuster.com. The company that collects all the information in iCims. The District Manager will review the application and call for a phone interview. If you are still in consideration there will be at least one more phone interview with a group of District Managers and the Regional Director. If still in consideration there will be another interview with a top store manager of the district. So a minimum of three interviews if all goes well. If there is any doubt there may be one to two more with other top preforming store managers. The background check takes three to five days to complete. The main payroll and information system takes about another week to get all of the employees information downloaded.

Interview Question – Why do you wan to work for Blockbuster?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in August 2011.

Interview Details – The Hiring and Interview Process was grouped. We all met a location on Veterans Blvd. We played games in order to get to know each other and to break the ice. The management seemed nice enough, they appeared to be having a good time with us. The environment was quite calm actually. They'd picked a time when the rush was a t a minimum with was good because we were able to move throughout the store. They spoke to only a few of us individually. The few chosen were the ones who went on to be hired. If you weren't selected to interview that day it was either because you were late, didn't get any questions or scenarios correct or you weren't dressed professionally.

Interview Question – There really weren't any unexpected questions asked to me.   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in March 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty run of the mill interview. They run down your application and ask about your previous experience and what you can bring to the company. After the interview they give you a call to let you know you've been hired and when you'll start

Interview Question – There wasn't really one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it's a flat hourly base pay.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very straightforward and friendly interview. They asked me questions regarding my favorite movies, whether i liked working with people, and to talk about different situations in previous jobs that I held in the past. It was very low-key and nothing too surprising was asked. I met with the outgoing store manager, and the person being promoted to take his place as store manager.

Interview Question – What was the worst movie you've seen lately?   Answer Question