Blockbuster Interview Questions

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in October 2008.

Applied online and received a call back from the Store Manager. Went in for an interview and he asked a lot of questions about experience in sales. He tried to push me toward starting as an Assistant Manager and working my way up. All follow-ups resulted in further stalling from the Store Manager, at which point I decided to just move on.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous experience fit in with the sales culture here?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in May 2008.

The interview process didn't take long after the initial contact. It consisted of an online application followed by a call from the District Manager. He initially interviewed me for a Store Manager Posistion. Typical interview questions reguarding my past experience and situational questions about store operations. The process then continued with a call from the HR manger. That interview was more indept with probing questions into previous financial management and employee relation questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to achieve a sales goal that was to hard to achieve?   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thorndale, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thorndale, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2009.

It took about a month to get an interview. When I got to the interview, the panel was more interested in my movie selections than in my experience. When I answered questions, the DM didn't understand some of my responses because she was only half listening. Got the job anyway because the Store Manager felt bad for me waiting so long for an interview. Now, I'm his best sales person.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst or grossest movie I've ever watched.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in May 2009.

They really didn't ask anything that complicated. One of the only out of placed asked question was "I want you to sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen." They seem to be quite big on the whole upselling thing, so just keep that in mind. They might ask something like what's your favorite game, then right after they'll ask you to explain why a customer should buy that game. Stuff like that and nothing all that bad really.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in November 2008.

Interview consisted mainly of the general questions concerning a promotion within a company. Most of it was based on previous experience as the assistant store manager and when I filled in as the temporary store manager. Ultimately declined the offer as I was in school and the pay was not as good as expected.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do to try and improve the company from this position?   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in February 2008.

I was interviewed by the current district leader. She was very kind but it helped that I was referred to her by onne of her favorite store managers who was the local store manager of the blockbuster that I regularly frequented.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me an example of how you would sell this pen.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you encountered a dilemna with a customer and overcame it.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate up 4 thousand more dollars.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in April 2009.

I rented movies regularly and was asked to apply. I was a college student and the good thing is they work well with your schedule. unfortunately they do not pay well finding someone to cover your shift is hard. you will only get about 20 hours a week at minimum wage. so my advice is do not apply

Interview Questions
    • they asked to sell something they found in the office   View Answer

Shift Leader Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in April 2010.

i think it was a complete waste of my time the guy did'nt even call my refences no did he keep in contact with me by phone but by email lol give me a break what a child anyways blockbuster you need to hire better managers like myself that actually get the job done and are not cold people.

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in February 2008.

Interviewed with director of the area I would be in and what would be my direct supervisor.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in June 2009.

The manager at Blockbuster called me back a few days after submitting an online application. When I got there, the manager was a little patronizing and wasn't very engaging. It was a difficult interview to get through.