Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Union, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

I got a phone interview with the distract manager the very next day and then was told to come in for a panel interview the next day and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Name the most recent movie you saw and who was the actor. Name a few other films that actor was in if any.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Baltimore, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (New Baltimore, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

Took about a week and interview in person. Asked me basic questions about myself, why I applied and what I thought was good customer service.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

Interview

They called me in to interview and had over five people before me. This Was a busy blockbuster and we went into the back room and casually made conversation. The manager hadn't hired anyone at that location yet so this was personal for her and she wanted to make sure it was a right fit. They asked about mu experience and also questions regarding to the job. After that she took me outside and told me to choose an item and sell it to her.

Interview Questions

• Please pick an item in the store and try to sell it to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a wage above minimum because the store manager was close to the district manager and I had previous experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster in October 2010.

Interview

applied online and was called back for an interview 2 weeks later. I was really nervous at first, and I'd heard not so good things about the manager I interviewed with, but I really needed a job so it was worth a shot. I thought it went well; he asked typical interview questions and questions about recent movies and my favorite movie and why. He seemed to like me and made it seem like I got the job. He told me if I didn't hear from him by that Friday to call him. I did, he wasn't at the store I interviewed at so the guy I spoke to told me to call him at another store. I did, and when I asked about the position he stated quite rudely that he "decided to go a different direction."

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2008.

Interview

completed a phone interview, then completed a 400 question survey online through a third party agency

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Dallas, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Started the process with an internal employee referral. I submitted a resume through an online portal and then heard from HR. Asked a few basic questions on the phone and then scheduled a day to come in for interviews. Interviewed with 3 people in the IT department. Questions about background, work experience, and SDLC. HR called back and asked for references. They called all the references. One day later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a project that got into trouble from a time and budget standpoint?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. They met my salary requirement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Oakland, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

1st Day: 1 on 1 interview with manager. Be sure to promote your sales skills. Up-play your ability to promote items and store promotions (taking from your work experience). Group Interview: They're looking for your ability to interact and work with others, show that you're a cooperative and attentive team member. They will put forth certain tasks that you have to do with a team member, but the important thing is HOW you accomplish the task (working together), not the end result.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling promotions/products to customers?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in November 2010.

Interview

My experience at being interviewed by Blockbuster was a job fair to which I was invited. Several folks were being interviewed at the store, while the store was open for business. There was a one on one interview, and then we were given assignments on how to approach customers and told what was the latest promotion in the store. Then we practiced on the interviewers.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2008.

Interview

just a one on one interview

Interview Questions

not as good as current job

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (McKinney, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with the IT Ops Mgr. He asked me to describe my ITSM and IT Operations experience and how I could apply my experience to the position. The phone interview ended with a confirmed face to face interview with him The one-on-one was more in-depth in terms of the position and provided the platform to sell your skillset and what sets you apart from your competition. From the time I phone interviewed to an offer was less than roughly 7 days total (phone interview on a Wednesday, face to face interview on a Friday and had an offer that next Monday).

Interview Questions

• Asked me to described my ITSM and operations experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Know the market and your value within the market. I had to come down 10% from my original gross yearly contract rate to go perm. Wasn't pleased but in this market ...