Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2009.

Very straightforward and friendly interview. They asked me questions regarding my favorite movies, whether i liked working with people, and to talk about different situations in previous jobs that I held in the past. It was very low-key and nothing too surprising was asked. I met with the outgoing store manager, and the person being promoted to take his place as store manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Was a group interview held in the open floor of the store,We first went around the group introducing ourselves, then told what working for Blockbuster was liking and how they were trying to put more emphasis on customer service, after that we were separated into two groups and asked to do a scavenger hunt in the store, Then as the final part in one group again they asked us several questions

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wanna work for blockbuster, and how can you help improve the company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Pretty easy. Just be enthusiastic, confident, show interest in products and definitely show interest or even desire to sell

Interview Questions
    Offered an hourly rate and accepted

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2009.

Was hired back in 06. Simply interviewed with the Store Manager at the time.
    The process changed massively, and not for the better, around 2009 or so.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

the hiring process was pretty laid back. just talked with me and asked what movies i liked and what i liked to do in general. i felt like it was more to see who i was and if i would fit with the current staff's personalities.

one interview one hire

none

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2011.

The hiring process when I signed up was ancient. They had people interviewing for Store manager as well as people in jeans and t-shirts that hadn't been washed in a week in the same circle. It was easy to stand out in that crowd if you had researched the company at all and had any smart sounding challenging questions.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to sell was a new one for me. Also the movie knowledge questions were weird. Luckily everyone was awful so I looked better than I was.   View Answer
    There really wasn't one. They asked me what I wanted. I quoted a high number and she said ok. Come to find out later I was one of the higher paid store managers in the state and I had the least experience. Really I was hired as a spite move to the company I believe from a District manager on the way out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2008.

I came into the store and applied through a computer. less than a week later I was called to come in, I didn't even get an interview. After waiting for the store manager to come to the front of the store, he asked me for my shirt size and my availability to start. After answering a few simple questions (have I ever worked in a retail store before, # of hours I could work, etc) I was given a small tour of the store then I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2008.

Applied online, then spoke to the store manager. Had to go all the way to headquarters for an interview with a panel of managers. Seemed a bit unnecessary for a clerk job. They asked various questions about customer service, movies, games, etc. A lot of work for such a low paying job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about different situations and what movies you would recommend.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2012.

I had submitted my application online around May of 2012, I received an email about an open "casting call" interview in June, I went to the interview which included questions about movies and how to sell stuff. I waited almost a month and then I finally received a phone call asking if I wanted to take the job or not. I was hired in the middle of July.