Blockbuster

Average Difficulty
116 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – Was a group interview held in the open floor of the store,We first went around the group introducing ourselves, then told what working for Blockbuster was liking and how they were trying to put more emphasis on customer service, after that we were separated into two groups and asked to do a scavenger hunt in the store, Then as the final part in one group again they asked us several questions

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work for blockbuster, and how can you help improve the company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – Pretty easy. Just be enthusiastic, confident, show interest in products and definitely show interest or even desire to sell

Interview Question – why do you wan to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered an hourly rate and accepted

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2009.

Interview Details – Was hired back in 06. Simply interviewed with the Store Manager at the time.
The process changed massively, and not for the better, around 2009 or so.

Interview Question – What do you want to do with your life?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – the hiring process was pretty laid back. just talked with me and asked what movies i liked and what i liked to do in general. i felt like it was more to see who i was and if i would fit with the current staff's personalities.

Interviewed at Blockbuster

Interview Details – one interview one hire

Interview Question – describe last movie seen   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process when I signed up was ancient. They had people interviewing for Store manager as well as people in jeans and t-shirts that hadn't been washed in a week in the same circle. It was easy to stand out in that crowd if you had researched the company at all and had any smart sounding challenging questions.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell was a new one for me. Also the movie knowledge questions were weird. Luckily everyone was awful so I looked better than I was.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one. They asked me what I wanted. I quoted a high number and she said ok. Come to find out later I was one of the higher paid store managers in the state and I had the least experience. Really I was hired as a spite move to the company I believe from a District manager on the way out.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2008.

Interview Details – I came into the store and applied through a computer. less than a week later I was called to come in, I didn't even get an interview. After waiting for the store manager to come to the front of the store, he asked me for my shirt size and my availability to start. After answering a few simple questions (have I ever worked in a retail store before, # of hours I could work, etc) I was given a small tour of the store then I was hired.

Interview Question – how much do you expect to make?   Answer Question

Braintree, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, then spoke to the store manager. Had to go all the way to headquarters for an interview with a panel of managers. Seemed a bit unnecessary for a clerk job. They asked various questions about customer service, movies, games, etc. A lot of work for such a low paying job.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of questions about different situations and what movies you would recommend.   Answer Question

Folsom, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had submitted my application online around May of 2012, I received an email about an open "casting call" interview in June, I went to the interview which included questions about movies and how to sell stuff. I waited almost a month and then I finally received a phone call asking if I wanted to take the job or not. I was hired in the middle of July.

Interview Question – Would you be able to sell products everyday?   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – Very simple interview. Mostly wanted to know if your schedule was flexible/you could work any hours. Also seemed to be really insistent that they would do a background check before hiring. Hiring process was delayed because it occurred through the New Year. No drug screening.

Interview Question – Nothing, really. They focused on soft skills - responsibility, punctuality, good customer service, etc.   Answer Question