Blockbuster

116 candidate interviews

Planner Interview

Planner
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2009.

Interview Details – personality assessment and job description based on experience

Interview Question – how would you describe yourself   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Lynden, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in January 2009.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, phone, manager, district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – pay rate

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in February 2008.

Interview Details – I filled out the application on the machine in the store, got called back about a week later for an interview and was offered the job.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2008.

Interview Details – just a one on one interview

Interview Question – what is the most rewarding thing about current job   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not as good as current job

Folsom, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had submitted my application online around May of 2012, I received an email about an open "casting call" interview in June, I went to the interview which included questions about movies and how to sell stuff. I waited almost a month and then I finally received a phone call asking if I wanted to take the job or not. I was hired in the middle of July.

Interview Question – Would you be able to sell products everyday?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

Interview Details – They called me in to interview and had over five people before me. This Was a busy blockbuster and we went into the back room and casually made conversation. The manager hadn't hired anyone at that location yet so this was personal for her and she wanted to make sure it was a right fit. They asked about mu experience and also questions regarding to the job. After that she took me outside and told me to choose an item and sell it to her.

Interview Question – Please pick an item in the store and try to sell it to me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a wage above minimum because the store manager was close to the district manager and I had previous experience.

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details – Pretty easy. Just be enthusiastic, confident, show interest in products and definitely show interest or even desire to sell

Interview Question – why do you wan to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered an hourly rate and accepted

Shift Lead Interview

Shift Lead
Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in November 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume online through the Blockbuster website. Received a call for an interview, came in to the store to have the interview in the back room. Submitted a background check, then was hired.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interviews are set up as a panel and sometimes a group interviews. It depends on the interviewer how the questions go..sometimes they as star type questions and sometimes then go off script. There are many applicants that are hard to sift through so you mostly need to get an employee referral

Interview Question – They were mostly regular type questions   Answer Question

Na Interview

Na
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted application and was asked to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Why is the sky blue.   View Answer