Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in February 2008.

Interview

I filled out the application on the machine in the store, got called back about a week later for an interview and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blockbuster (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2009.

Interview

personality assessment and job description based on experience

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynden, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blockbuster (Lynden, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

3 interviews, phone, manager, district manager

Interview Questions

• you discover employee theft what do you do   1 Answer
    • how would you handle a diffcult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

pay rate

Shift Leader Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in April 2010.

Interview

i think it was a complete waste of my time the guy did'nt even call my refences no did he keep in contact with me by phone but by email lol give me a break what a child anyways blockbuster you need to hire better managers like myself that actually get the job done and are not cold people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blockbuster (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The manager at Blockbuster called me back a few days after submitting an online application. When I got there, the manager was a little patronizing and wasn't very engaging. It was a difficult interview to get through.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in April 2009.

Interview

I rented movies regularly and was asked to apply. I was a college student and the good thing is they work well with your schedule. unfortunately they do not pay well finding someone to cover your shift is hard. you will only get about 20 hours a week at minimum wage. so my advice is do not apply

Interview Questions

• they asked to sell something they found in the office   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2007.

Interview

Applied Online, which entailed a Personality Test and some basic logic/math. 3 days later called to schedule an interview. Interviewed in person, very laid back. Bumper question was: "What's your favorite movie?" Offered a position 1 day later by phone.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster (Vacaville, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back from the Store Manager. Went in for an interview and he asked a lot of questions about experience in sales. He tried to push me toward starting as an Assistant Manager and working my way up. All follow-ups resulted in further stalling from the Store Manager, at which point I decided to just move on.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience fit in with the sales culture here?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in May 2008.

Interview

The interview process didn't take long after the initial contact. It consisted of an online application followed by a call from the District Manager. He initially interviewed me for a Store Manager Posistion. Typical interview questions reguarding my past experience and situational questions about store operations. The process then continued with a call from the HR manger. That interview was more indept with probing questions into previous financial management and employee relation questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to achieve a sales goal that was to hard to achieve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blockbuster (Marietta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

They really didn't ask anything that complicated. One of the only out of placed asked question was "I want you to sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen." They seem to be quite big on the whole upselling thing, so just keep that in mind. They might ask something like what's your favorite game, then right after they'll ask you to explain why a customer should buy that game. Stuff like that and nothing all that bad really.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen.   1 Answer