Blockbuster Interview Questions

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in September 2010.

Very easy interview.

I was asked to go to the back room and had a 1:1 interview with a nice lady. There were general questions like why do you want this job and what would you bring to the company. There were also movie related questions. What is your favorite move and why? Overall very easy. Unfortunately they had to downsize a week after the interview and I didn't get the job. Not sure if they do a background check or drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite movie and how would you sell it to me?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in September 2010.

I was invited to something called an audition. The address given was not very useful since the store had a different address in the window. Fortunatly I had time to check out the location the day before.
    The exercises included naming a film to someone, who had to name an actor in it. Then we broke into groups and raced to find a list of titles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Hiring was simple. Apply online for a specific job or simply submit your application for multiple locations. A store manager will contact you and ask you to come in at a specific time. The store manager will interview you and often give you an answer as to whether you are hired then and there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you've gone out of your way to assist a customer.   Answer Question
    Little negotiation possible, maybe a pay rate of .50 higher then the norm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Expect to be interviewed by managers that do NOT run your store, and expect to be interviewed by three of them at once. They were very nice and asked questions about my hobbies and skills rather than experience, they look for somebody that would be a good fit for the store and will get along well with other employees.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a weakness, what would it be?   View Answer
    Simple, they offer you a pay, if you say no, they bump it by 50 cents, if you say no once more, you walk out the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

sat in back room and was asked questions - the questions were simple, in fact he barely noticed I was there and was interrupted multiple times, he later admitted he only hired me to upset the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • where do I see myself in 10 years. worse questions ever   Answer Question

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in June 2010.

Submitted application and was asked to come in for an interview.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in June 2010.

Was called in for a SHIFT LEAD position because they had hired an assistant already. Easy interview, talked for a long time but was never called back. Store manager had said "Gee your qualified enough to take my job!" I guess I need to undersell myself. The position is designed for an entry-level person and my 15 years plus of retail sales and management closed the door on this one for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in May 2010.

From my first conversation with the manager. the hiring process went very fast, only took a week! although it was declined it was fast. did a back ground check one on one interview skills test personality test drug test phone interview. they make you organize movies in order from a to z

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in May 2010.

Had a phone screen, followed quickly by a face to face interview; hired within a week, and started the following week.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in March 2010.

I originally had to go through several interviews before finally getting hired on. Back in the day you would get a job offer then have to attend a new hire class before starting.It took most people about 3 or 4 weeks to get used to the flow of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Probably expected but having to "sell" a stapler to the manager.   View Answer
    n/a