Blockbuster

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in January 2012.

Very customer focused job, also need to be detailed about your inventory management, very difficult to manage your inventory on their antiquated systems, you need to be able to manage your inventory on pen and paper more than anything. They asked basic questions about customer service mostly. Other questions were about your hiring experience, and employee corrective action procedures.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you failed to meet a customers expectation.   Answer Question
    They offered a reasonable salary based on the job requirements. I didn't negotiate much, but if they lowball you, and you have experience, push for 5-10% more.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Was initially recruited by professional contact, then had 3 tests plus 7 additional interview, up to and including the CIO. Then background and credit check prior to offer.

Interview Questions
    • "if a project fails, who is the one person responsible"   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in May 2010.

Had a phone screen, followed quickly by a face to face interview; hired within a week, and started the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

I applied online. Then received a call for an interview. I then Interview with District Manager. After they decided I then received a Phone interview with Regional Manger. Then they did a Background check. This is pretty much what they did for all jobs that they were hiring for. Thanks

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst customer service experience?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in March 2010.

I originally had to go through several interviews before finally getting hired on. Back in the day you would get a job offer then have to attend a new hire class before starting.It took most people about 3 or 4 weeks to get used to the flow of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Probably expected but having to "sell" a stapler to the manager.   View Answer
    n/a

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster.

I applied online and in less than a week I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I met with store manager for the location that I applied for and was asked a few questions about where I saw myself in the next few years and about my retail experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2012.

I needed to communicate to my DM that I was interested in being a Store manager. Then my DM talked with a couple of store managers at other stores that knew me, as well as my current store manager and co-workers. Interview lasted a good hour and covered current staff and store operations. It also focused on my confidence on meeting future challenges.

Interview Questions
    • How was the store's tnr to budget compared to last years.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in September 2009.

Went in store to apply and got an interview. Really simple.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what is your favorite movie and what other movie would you refer a customer to if it wasn't available.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2008.

Applied online, then spoke to the store manager. Had to go all the way to headquarters for an interview with a panel of managers. Seemed a bit unnecessary for a clerk job. They asked various questions about customer service, movies, games, etc. A lot of work for such a low paying job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about different situations and what movies you would recommend.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

I had already been with the company for over a year. The district manager was looking for a store manager and I told him that I would like to throw my hat into the ring. He called back within a couple of days with a job offer pending interview. They do like to promote from within when possible.

Interview Questions
    • He needed me to give details about what was going on with management at that location. I do not like to rat people out so it was challenging to try to be as honest as possible without selling people out.   View Answer
    He threw out a number and I said yes. They don't negotiate there.