Blockbuster

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Interview Details – Expect to be interviewed by managers that do NOT run your store, and expect to be interviewed by three of them at once. They were very nice and asked questions about my hobbies and skills rather than experience, they look for somebody that would be a good fit for the store and will get along well with other employees.

Interview Question – If you had a weakness, what would it be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, they offer you a pay, if you say no, they bump it by 50 cents, if you say no once more, you walk out the door.

Very Easy Interview

Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was simple. Apply online for a specific job or simply submit your application for multiple locations. A store manager will contact you and ask you to come in at a specific time. The store manager will interview you and often give you an answer as to whether you are hired then and there.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you've gone out of your way to assist a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation possible, maybe a pay rate of .50 higher then the norm.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a week after to set up an appointment for the interview. It all started with small talk then he asked some stuff about high school since i had just graduated that year, such as the clubs i was in, my grades, and any regrets i had. Then towards the end asked me to go around the store and choose two movies and convince him to buy those movies. He also gave me a list of different membership plans then asked me to sell one to him.

Interview Question – Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster in February 2009.

Interview Details – Basic 5-6 question interview, they looked for personality and people skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a slightly better then minimum wage.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blockbuster interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blockbuster employees and interview candidates.