Blockbuster

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

I applied online and got a call a week after to set up an appointment for the interview. It all started with small talk then he asked some stuff about high school since i had just graduated that year, such as the clubs i was in, my grades, and any regrets i had. Then towards the end asked me to go around the store and choose two movies and convince him to buy those movies. He also gave me a list of different membership plans then asked me to sell one to him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Hiring was simple. Apply online for a specific job or simply submit your application for multiple locations. A store manager will contact you and ask you to come in at a specific time. The store manager will interview you and often give you an answer as to whether you are hired then and there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you've gone out of your way to assist a customer.   Answer Question
    Little negotiation possible, maybe a pay rate of .50 higher then the norm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Expect to be interviewed by managers that do NOT run your store, and expect to be interviewed by three of them at once. They were very nice and asked questions about my hobbies and skills rather than experience, they look for somebody that would be a good fit for the store and will get along well with other employees.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a weakness, what would it be?   View Answer
    Simple, they offer you a pay, if you say no, they bump it by 50 cents, if you say no once more, you walk out the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

sat in back room and was asked questions - the questions were simple, in fact he barely noticed I was there and was interrupted multiple times, he later admitted he only hired me to upset the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • where do I see myself in 10 years. worse questions ever   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in February 2009.

Basic 5-6 question interview, they looked for personality and people skills.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a slightly better then minimum wage.