Blockbuster Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring was really basic. Filled out application got a phone call asking if I was still interested. They set up an appointment to come in. First interview was with the assistant manager, I was asked very basic questions like Tell me about yourself and, Why do you believe you are qualified for this position. Second interview was with store manager where I was informed about the job specifics.

Interview Questions

• How have you grown or changed over the past few years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Cary, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Asked me how I would sell the blockbuster benefits. Asked was i well informed about gaming systems and movies. The manager was nice and I felt very relaxed. He also asked me about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone to buy a blockbuster membership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Rochester, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

IIt was a group interview , you had to talk in front of everybody nobody left there knowing if they got the job or not they told us within a week they should be calling people who fit there qualifications back ihavent got a called back so ididnt get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Rock Hill, SC) in September 2010.

Interview

I was invited to something called an audition. The address given was not very useful since the store had a different address in the window. Fortunatly I had time to check out the location the day before. The exercises included naming a film to someone, who had to name an actor in it. Then we broke into groups and raced to find a list of titles.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The manager at Blockbuster called me back a few days after submitting an online application. When I got there, the manager was a little patronizing and wasn't very engaging. It was a difficult interview to get through.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Marietta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

They really didn't ask anything that complicated. One of the only out of placed asked question was "I want you to sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen." They seem to be quite big on the whole upselling thing, so just keep that in mind. They might ask something like what's your favorite game, then right after they'll ask you to explain why a customer should buy that game. Stuff like that and nothing all that bad really.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2009.

Interview

Was hired back in 06. Simply interviewed with the Store Manager at the time. The process changed massively, and not for the better, around 2009 or so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (San Diego, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

I handed in a written application and about a week later I was called by the store manager to see if I could come in for an interview in 15 minutes (I don't think he realized what time it was). The interview was one on one and he asked me what work experience I had. How was I at doing up sales? how familiar was I with movies, did I consider myself a movie goer or gamer? If I had any questions about the job?

Interview Questions

• Blockbuster sells a lot of extra services like Blockbuster Rewards. How would you sell me a blockbuster rewards service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward, he offered me the job and said he would pay $9.25 an hour starting out. I really did not try and negotiate a better hourly rate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster in October 2010.

Interview

applied online and was called back for an interview 2 weeks later. I was really nervous at first, and I'd heard not so good things about the manager I interviewed with, but I really needed a job so it was worth a shot. I thought it went well; he asked typical interview questions and questions about recent movies and my favorite movie and why. He seemed to like me and made it seem like I got the job. He told me if I didn't hear from him by that Friday to call him. I did, he wasn't at the store I interviewed at so the guy I spoke to told me to call him at another store. I did, and when I asked about the position he stated quite rudely that he "decided to go a different direction."

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2010.

Interview

I went into the store to enquire about a job and the had me fill out an application form and drop off my resume. A few minutes later the manager spoke with me and asked me some standard questions: Why did I want to work at Blockbuster? What was my availability like? What areas did I have an expertise in (games, movies, tv)? Thats all I can think of now. But she had a particular preference or area of expertise that she was looking for and I don't think I fit that so I did not hear back from her.