Blockbuster Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2009.

Was hired back in 06. Simply interviewed with the Store Manager at the time.
The process changed massively, and not for the better, around 2009 or so.

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2012.

IIt was a group interview , you had to talk in front of everybody nobody left there knowing if they got the job or not they told us within a week they should be calling people who fit there qualifications back ihavent got a called back so ididnt get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rock Hill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in September 2010.

I was invited to something called an audition. The address given was not very useful since the store had a different address in the window. Fortunatly I had time to check out the location the day before.
    The exercises included naming a film to someone, who had to name an actor in it. Then we broke into groups and raced to find a list of titles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2009.

The manager at Blockbuster called me back a few days after submitting an online application. When I got there, the manager was a little patronizing and wasn't very engaging. It was a difficult interview to get through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2008.

I handed in a written application and about a week later I was called by the store manager to see if I could come in for an interview in 15 minutes (I don't think he realized what time it was). The interview was one on one and he asked me what work experience I had. How was I at doing up sales? how familiar was I with movies, did I consider myself a movie goer or gamer? If I had any questions about the job?

Interview Questions
    • Blockbuster sells a lot of extra services like Blockbuster Rewards. How would you sell me a blockbuster rewards service?   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward, he offered me the job and said he would pay $9.25 an hour starting out. I really did not try and negotiate a better hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2009.

They really didn't ask anything that complicated. One of the only out of placed asked question was "I want you to sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen." They seem to be quite big on the whole upselling thing, so just keep that in mind. They might ask something like what's your favorite game, then right after they'll ask you to explain why a customer should buy that game. Stuff like that and nothing all that bad really.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in October 2010.

applied online and was called back for an interview 2 weeks later. I was really nervous at first, and I'd heard not so good things about the manager I interviewed with, but I really needed a job so it was worth a shot. I thought it went well; he asked typical interview questions and questions about recent movies and my favorite movie and why. He seemed to like me and made it seem like I got the job. He told me if I didn't hear from him by that Friday to call him. I did, he wasn't at the store I interviewed at so the guy I spoke to told me to call him at another store. I did, and when I asked about the position he stated quite rudely that he "decided to go a different direction."

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2010.

I went into the store to enquire about a job and the had me fill out an application form and drop off my resume. A few minutes later the manager spoke with me and asked me some standard questions: Why did I want to work at Blockbuster? What was my availability like? What areas did I have an expertise in (games, movies, tv)? Thats all I can think of now. But she had a particular preference or area of expertise that she was looking for and I don't think I fit that so I did not hear back from her.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in February 2008.

I filled out the application on the machine in the store, got called back about a week later for an interview and was offered the job.

No negotiating

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!