Blockbuster

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2009.

Interview Details – Was hired back in 06. Simply interviewed with the Store Manager at the time.
The process changed massively, and not for the better, around 2009 or so.

Interview Question – What do you want to do with your life?   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2012.

Interview Details – IIt was a group interview , you had to talk in front of everybody nobody left there knowing if they got the job or not they told us within a week they should be calling people who fit there qualifications back ihavent got a called back so ididnt get the job.

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work at blockbuster   Answer Question

Rock Hill, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was invited to something called an audition. The address given was not very useful since the store had a different address in the window. Fortunatly I had time to check out the location the day before.
The exercises included naming a film to someone, who had to name an actor in it. Then we broke into groups and raced to find a list of titles.

Interview Question – What Skills do you have that will help us   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in June 2009.

Interview Details – The manager at Blockbuster called me back a few days after submitting an online application. When I got there, the manager was a little patronizing and wasn't very engaging. It was a difficult interview to get through.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Blockbuster?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2008.

Interview Details – I handed in a written application and about a week later I was called by the store manager to see if I could come in for an interview in 15 minutes (I don't think he realized what time it was). The interview was one on one and he asked me what work experience I had. How was I at doing up sales? how familiar was I with movies, did I consider myself a movie goer or gamer? If I had any questions about the job?

Interview Question – Blockbuster sells a lot of extra services like Blockbuster Rewards. How would you sell me a blockbuster rewards service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward, he offered me the job and said he would pay $9.25 an hour starting out. I really did not try and negotiate a better hourly rate.

Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2009.

Interview Details – They really didn't ask anything that complicated. One of the only out of placed asked question was "I want you to sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen." They seem to be quite big on the whole upselling thing, so just keep that in mind. They might ask something like what's your favorite game, then right after they'll ask you to explain why a customer should buy that game. Stuff like that and nothing all that bad really.

Interview Question – Sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen.   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in October 2010.

Interview Details – applied online and was called back for an interview 2 weeks later. I was really nervous at first, and I'd heard not so good things about the manager I interviewed with, but I really needed a job so it was worth a shot. I thought it went well; he asked typical interview questions and questions about recent movies and my favorite movie and why. He seemed to like me and made it seem like I got the job. He told me if I didn't hear from him by that Friday to call him. I did, he wasn't at the store I interviewed at so the guy I spoke to told me to call him at another store. I did, and when I asked about the position he stated quite rudely that he "decided to go a different direction."

Interview Questions

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2010.

Interview Details – I went into the store to enquire about a job and the had me fill out an application form and drop off my resume. A few minutes later the manager spoke with me and asked me some standard questions: Why did I want to work at Blockbuster? What was my availability like? What areas did I have an expertise in (games, movies, tv)? Thats all I can think of now. But she had a particular preference or area of expertise that she was looking for and I don't think I fit that so I did not hear back from her.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work at Blockbuster?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in February 2008.

Interview Details – I filled out the application on the machine in the store, got called back about a week later for an interview and was offered the job.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!