Blockbuster Shift Leader Interview Questions

1.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Quick and easy went in she asked about my future plans and anything she should know about my background that would come up later. Ofcourse there wasn't so everything went well.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions or unexpected question everything she asked I had heard before or knew was coming.   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster.

I applied online and in less than a week I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I met with store manager for the location that I applied for and was asked a few questions about where I saw myself in the next few years and about my retail experience.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in August 2011.

The Hiring and Interview Process was grouped. We all met a location on Veterans Blvd. We played games in order to get to know each other and to break the ice. The management seemed nice enough, they appeared to be having a good time with us. The environment was quite calm actually. They'd picked a time when the rush was a t a minimum with was good because we were able to move throughout the store. They spoke to only a few of us individually. The few chosen were the ones who went on to be hired. If you weren't selected to interview that day it was either because you were late, didn't get any questions or scenarios correct or you weren't dressed professionally.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any unexpected questions asked to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blockbuster in June 2010.

Was called in for a SHIFT LEAD position because they had hired an assistant already. Easy interview, talked for a long time but was never called back. Store manager had said "Gee your qualified enough to take my job!" I guess I need to undersell myself. The position is designed for an entry-level person and my 15 years plus of retail sales and management closed the door on this one for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in November 2009.

Applied online. Received a call a few days later. Set up interview for a few days later. Went in, questions included the usual, What are your strengths, weaknesses? Describe what you would do in certain situations in relation to sales and customer service. Greatest achievement? Talked about experience and availability. Interview went well. Called a day later and said to go to a panel interview about 45 minutes away. Drove there a few days later and it was two managers. The district manger couldn't make it. People were fun. Asked more open questions such as what was the last movie you saw, where did you get it from, tell a time of a great shopping experience you had, more customer service situations. With my experience and answers, they skipped many questions because I answer many at once with some stories. Went well. Received call from original store again saying I needed one last interview. Went to store and interviewed with district manager. Was short and brief. Just wanted to know about me and what I would bring to the team if I joined. Was brought on right on the spot after and started work three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    • If someone under you was not performing up to par, how would you take action to make them better?   View Answer
    Initial compensation was part time for $9.00 an hour. Consulted with store manager and with my sales and customer service experience, got full time at $9.50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thorndale, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thorndale, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2009.

It took about a month to get an interview. When I got to the interview, the panel was more interested in my movie selections than in my experience. When I answered questions, the DM didn't understand some of my responses because she was only half listening. Got the job anyway because the Store Manager felt bad for me waiting so long for an interview. Now, I'm his best sales person.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst or grossest movie I've ever watched.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in June 2009.

applied online and was interviewed via phone and then 1 on 1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster in August 2008.

My interview was took place during the day, which I can say, if when all the stores interviews take place. The stores are pretty slow during the afternoon, so that makes it easier for the interviewer to focus. What hopefully is not standard is that my soon to be boss had to be on a conference call with all the other store managers at the same time he was talking to me! He would ask a question and then ask me to hold on as he had to answer a question directed towards him. This interview was a joke, and I knew a had it in the bag because it seemed like the manager was in over his head with work and the store was a mess. That being said, after being with the company for years now, have seen some pretty harsh interviews. For example, I have watched a manager ask "what is your favorite thing at McDonalds?", "Coke or Pepsi?", or other random things that later the manager would say that their answer was what lost them the job offer.

Interview Questions
    This company is hurting, so asking too much is a terrible idea as that will lose you the job. This site is a great resource to know what the right pay is to ask for. However, if you go for anything higher than a Customer Service Representative just for the extra pay, do not accept if they tell you that they will hire you as a C.S.R. and promote you soon! "Soon" to blockbuster might mean whenever the always dwindling payroll allows you the time to spend on the training computer while being interrupted by customers every other minute. That and generally management won't see that you are promoted unless you make your job constantly reminding them to take the next steps promoting you through HR. I have seen "soon," become 9 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2007.

On-line application, One on one interview with Store manager, and then another interview with Dsistrict manager. Got a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and your past job responsibilities   Answer Question
    They will ask you what kind of compensation would you expect. Go higher, but within limits. They already know how much will give you - so if you want you can just say that you will be happy to get the job first and then can negotiate pay.

Shift Leader Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in April 2010.

i think it was a complete waste of my time the guy did'nt even call my refences no did he keep in contact with me by phone but by email lol give me a break what a child anyways blockbuster you need to hire better managers like myself that actually get the job done and are not cold people.