Blockbuster

Blockbuster Store Manager Interview Questions

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

A Phone Interview, then a Hun resource Interview, then an Interview with the DM and then with the RDO Interview, It was very classic behavior questions, centered around leadership. Last was 3 different assessments - again very typical

Interview Questions
Fair and got extra vacation time

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Once you apply, your name is put into an electronic database where your answers from the personality profile score you as red, yellow or green. Usually, only green candidates are selected. In Blockbuster, it's now what you know... it's who you know. If someone in the running knows someone in the company, they have a leg up on you, despite your background. There is a first interview with the store manager and if for a management position, a 2nd interview with a District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions vary from manager to manager. The best question to reply to though is, "Do you have any questions for me?" - This is a chance to really show the manager your true interest in the company.   View Answer
    BB made an offer. I went to my current boss and he matched the offer. I went to BB and they raised the offer by 5K for management. I took the job at BB.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

They are no longer hiring. Closing down all remaining locations. Don't bother applying. Look for another job.... seriously.

Interview Questions
    • What's the least amount of money we can pay you for 50 hour of work per week.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blockbuster.

The interview process starts with applying online at Blockbuster.com. The company that collects all the information in iCims. The District Manager will review the application and call for a phone interview. If you are still in consideration there will be at least one more phone interview with a group of District Managers and the Regional Director. If still in consideration there will be another interview with a top store manager of the district. So a minimum of three interviews if all goes well. If there is any doubt there may be one to two more with other top preforming store managers. The background check takes three to five days to complete. The main payroll and information system takes about another week to get all of the employees information downloaded.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wan to work for Blockbuster?   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in July 2012.

I needed to communicate to my DM that I was interested in being a Store manager. Then my DM talked with a couple of store managers at other stores that knew me, as well as my current store manager and co-workers. Interview lasted a good hour and covered current staff and store operations. It also focused on my confidence on meeting future challenges.

Interview Questions
    • How was the store's tnr to budget compared to last years.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in January 2012.

Very customer focused job, also need to be detailed about your inventory management, very difficult to manage your inventory on their antiquated systems, you need to be able to manage your inventory on pen and paper more than anything. They asked basic questions about customer service mostly. Other questions were about your hiring experience, and employee corrective action procedures.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you failed to meet a customers expectation.   Answer Question
    They offered a reasonable salary based on the job requirements. I didn't negotiate much, but if they lowball you, and you have experience, push for 5-10% more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in December 2011.

The hiring process when I signed up was ancient. They had people interviewing for Store manager as well as people in jeans and t-shirts that hadn't been washed in a week in the same circle. It was easy to stand out in that crowd if you had researched the company at all and had any smart sounding challenging questions.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to sell was a new one for me. Also the movie knowledge questions were weird. Luckily everyone was awful so I looked better than I was.   View Answer
    There really wasn't one. They asked me what I wanted. I quoted a high number and she said ok. Come to find out later I was one of the higher paid store managers in the state and I had the least experience. Really I was hired as a spite move to the company I believe from a District manager on the way out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

I was called my a recruiter, which happen to be an assistant manager of one of the DM stores. Later, we became and still are good friends. then I went in for an interview at the local store..I waited for an hour at least but then the interview went well. I still am friends with the dm, AND then I had to wait to get an interview with the regional manager, turns out he was on vacation, so they went ahead and offered me the position. I was in a training store for several months, it was okay, I was able to to work and train without the pressure of having a store to pass or fail..this was nice because when I went to my own store I was confident. The only issue was when I was offered my store they made me interview with the regional manager...which was silly because I already was hired..were they going to fire me??? I did get the position but it was short lived..they ended up closing my store due to financial hardships. I decided to just finish and get my degree.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • most questions were open based questions   View Answer
    It was actually very easy. I told her what I wanted, and she wanted me so much she went in at a higher rate..plus when I went from training manager to store manager I was given another raise! It was nice especially since I the company was going through financial issues and cutting back on a lot of things. It was nice because I knew the DM valued me and knew I was worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

I applied online. Then received a call for an interview. I then Interview with District Manager. After they decided I then received a Phone interview with Regional Manger. Then they did a Background check. This is pretty much what they did for all jobs that they were hiring for. Thanks

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst customer service experience?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in January 2009.

Interviews are set up as a panel and sometimes a group interviews. It depends on the interviewer how the questions go..sometimes they as star type questions and sometimes then go off script. There are many applicants that are hard to sift through so you mostly need to get an employee referral