Bloom Energy

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloom Energy in May 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring was easy. Talk to my direct hiring manager worked. I had many questions related to my past experience which was in Electrical Industry. They want to know how and what you worked for. It was a pleasant experience.

The second round was with Global Manager and it went really well. Again it was about my ability to understand industry problems. I was asked about my commitment for the company.

The third round was bit technical where they asked me about how well I can adapt to the new environment.

Make sure you have interest in the industry and want to work for the company. Be ready with the basic details of the company. Ask as many questions as possible. Also share your college work and some projects you participated in.

Interview Question – Not any from a technical point of view.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They pay a bit less than the technology companies but you can survive. Most importantly you will learn a lot.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Bloom Energy

Interview Details – nonsense the hiring manager asked me if i had any questions, when i challanged him with a question he got pissed and basically got offended. The sales guy was rude he was on his cell phone all the time and he kept saying im listening and you talk, he had no respect.

Interview Question – irrelevant questions   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloom Energy.

Interview Details – They contacted me through linkedin and seemed to be having a problem filling the position. The recruiters were very nice. Some of the interviewers were not and seemed quite arrogant, in fact.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Some of the interviewers wanted to do more talking about themselves than any other thing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very difficult

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloom Energy in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in late December. Three days later, I got a call from the Recruiting Manager. She asked a few hard questions right off the bat (What stresses you out? How would you handle an angry client? etc.), and then told me another Recruiting Associate would call me later that day. The second Recruiting Associate asked similar questions, as well as a few generic questions about my past work experience. All in all, though, the phone screens went well, and the Recruiting Associate said she would arrange for an onsite interview the following week.

Onsite, I met with the two employees I spoke with over the phone, as well as a Senior Recruiter, the HR Director, and the VP of HR. (I hadn't been told I would meet the VP of HR ahead of time, so that was a surprise. Luckily, I wasn't on a tight schedule that day.) They gave me a few job-related scenarios to solve, asked more questions about what frustrates me/stresses me out, and asked generic questions you would find at any interview (Why this company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? etc.) I got the feeling they wanted someone with more experience for the role, but they were pleasant throughout the interview process.

The Recruiting Associate sent me a generic email five days later, saying they had picked another candidate for the role. I wasn't particularly surprised, but I appreciated how promptly they followed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question
  • If there was a process you didn't agree with, and your manager said this process was there for a reason, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Principal Information Security Architect Interview

Principal Information Security Architect
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloom Energy in December 2013.

Interview Details – Not even an interview; seems they want someone to be more 'hands on' and technical. Wait, you are asking for an Architect not an engineer. Seems this is their first ever Information Security role for the company; and they are looking for the unicorn. Unclear in their requirements or expectations, inexperienced in the talent pool that is out there and what we bring to the table. HR recruiter Monica Harnoto will not engage or discuss.

With them firing their CIO this summer, suggest we steer clear.

Interview Question – N/A, denied via email.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloom Energy in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed first through a staffing agency, two weeks later with Bloom Manager and then two weeks later interviewed with HR. Then told the work would not start for 6 weeks. All told, 3months to get a job with Bloom.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed. It was what the staffing agency offered and that was it. Felt the process they take to hire is entirely too long for the little pay that is offered. I believe Bloom is wasting their time going thru a staffing agency. They are losing money this way. Many people were hoping to start work immediately only to be told it would be 4 more weeks. People may find other work by then. Why should they wait? The staffing agency does not keep in contact with you, unless you email or call them. Then they respond immediately.

Contract Field Service Technician Interview

Contract Field Service Technician

Interviewed at Bloom Energy

Interview Details – Expect things to take awhile but be patient. They will get back to you

Interview Question – No surprises.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Bloom Energy in June 2012.

Interview Details – The frame time from the interview through the hiring process was very short, around 2 weeks. The interview process was carried out by 5 engineers from different departments; each of them interviewed me for around 15 to 20 minutes. The hiring process was very smooth, everything was very well organized. The hiring day, I met with personal from HR, IT, Safety department, and with the team of the department I was going to start to work with. Each department provided me with the necessary tools to perform my job.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was: What would you do if your boss yells at you?   View Answer
  • Another unexpected question: What would you do if you are working with a coworker on a short-term project, but she/he is not doing his part?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer seemed very fair to me. They offered me $ 20.00 per hour for an internship position, and gave me the option of time and a half payment for overtime hours. I think that that kind of money for a person that is learning to work as an engineer with not major responsibilities is fair. I have friends doing internships for IBM, and they get paid nothing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloom Energy in April 2013.

Interview Details – One Interview, lasting a whole day. Many different people from technical level to senior management. Questions were rather general an did not go too much into technical detail, some technical questions were not directly related to position (how to implement a dictionary type of solution). Rather conceptual questions than in depth technical questions on technical level.

Interview Question – How to efficiently design a dictionary like app over the web using as you type lookup of words.   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Bloom Energy in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had a very bad experience in the post interview process. Sent multiple emails to followup but no response from HR. I wonder if the frontline, HR is so non responsive how bad would be the response of other employees

Interview Question – Was a standard interview process   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not interested in working for a non professional company

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloom Energy

Worked for Bloom Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloom Energy interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloom Energy employees and interview candidates.