Bloom Energy

3.2

Product Quality and Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloom Energy in November 2014.

I received a call from an Employment Agency asking an interview. My resume was posted on the internet. I appeared at the interview and was told I would receive phone interview the next day at a designated time. I received the call more than 45 minutes late. The interviewer stated the session would be finished in 15 minutes.The interviewer flatly read from a list predetermined questions. I was pressed to respond promptly and then was asked the next question. I was told I would receive a follow up call to inform me of the results.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Have you ever been required to regularly account for 45 second intervals and to check list all you do on each shift? 2. Describe a time where you worked through a disagreement that was not easily resolved? With each no further context was provided. 3.Are you willing to work all the time? 4. Are you easy for your management to communicate to? (Paraphrased for brevity) ..   View Answer

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloom Energy.

The interview process was very rigorous and I had 5 rounds of interview during which I met 12 different people including CTO. The process lasted for 3 months. So you would have to be patient to wait that long.

Interview Questions

The salary was more or less the same as my current salary. I did not like the fact that the company was negotiating for a mere $5000 whereas design engineers can save that much in a week. Negotiation was done with CTO which is kind of disappointing because it was not worth their time. Stock option is there but you would have to wait 5 years. Overall the offer was less and I knew it's a 12 hour work day . So it's not worth it if the salary is not up to the market standards.

Disassemble Tech Interview

i googled and did research on the company of what its about and took notes it took me a month too get into the door but the research i studied got me the job

Interview Questions
    • why do you want too work for the company is of course the hard question everyone hates this is the question i got asked and the answer is under the picture you see in the main lobby while your waiting too be interviewed i went over it waiting a bunch of times even worded it diffrent   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

nonsense the hiring manager asked me if i had any questions, when i challanged him with a question he got pissed and basically got offended. The sales guy was rude he was on his cell phone all the time and he kept saying im listening and you talk, he had no respect.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloom Energy.

They contacted me through linkedin and seemed to be having a problem filling the position. The recruiters were very nice. Some of the interviewers were not and seemed quite arrogant, in fact.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Some of the interviewers wanted to do more talking about themselves than any other thing   Answer Question
    very difficult

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloom Energy in May 2014.

Hiring was easy. Talk to my direct hiring manager worked. I had many questions related to my past experience which was in Electrical Industry. They want to know how and what you worked for. It was a pleasant experience.

The second round was with Global Manager and it went really well. Again it was about my ability to understand industry problems. I was asked about my commitment for the company.

The third round was bit technical where they asked me about how well I can adapt to the new environment.

Make sure you have interest in the industry and want to work for the company. Be ready with the basic details of the company. Ask as many questions as possible. Also share your college work and some projects you participated in.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They pay a bit less than the technology companies but you can survive. Most importantly you will learn a lot.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloom Energy in January 2014.

I applied online in late December. Three days later, I got a call from the Recruiting Manager. She asked a few hard questions right off the bat (What stresses you out? How would you handle an angry client? etc.), and then told me another Recruiting Associate would call me later that day. The second Recruiting Associate asked similar questions, as well as a few generic questions about my past work experience. All in all, though, the phone screens went well, and the Recruiting Associate said she would arrange for an onsite interview the following week.

Onsite, I met with the two employees I spoke with over the phone, as well as a Senior Recruiter, the HR Director, and the VP of HR. (I hadn't been told I would meet the VP of HR ahead of time, so that was a surprise. Luckily, I wasn't on a tight schedule that day.) They gave me a few job-related scenarios to solve, asked more questions about what frustrates me/stresses me out, and asked generic questions you would find at any interview (Why this company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? etc.) I got the feeling they wanted someone with more experience for the role, but they were pleasant throughout the interview process.

The Recruiting Associate sent me a generic email five days later, saying they had picked another candidate for the role. I wasn't particularly surprised, but I appreciated how promptly they followed up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question
    • If there was a process you didn't agree with, and your manager said this process was there for a reason, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloom Energy in December 2013.

Interviewed first through a staffing agency, two weeks later with Bloom Manager and then two weeks later interviewed with HR. Then told the work would not start for 6 weeks. All told, 3months to get a job with Bloom.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with a difficult boss   Answer Question
    • How do you go about learning something if no one is around to show you?   View Answer
    No negotiations allowed. It was what the staffing agency offered and that was it. Felt the process they take to hire is entirely too long for the little pay that is offered. I believe Bloom is wasting their time going thru a staffing agency. They are losing money this way. Many people were hoping to start work immediately only to be told it would be 4 more weeks. People may find other work by then. Why should they wait? The staffing agency does not keep in contact with you, unless you email or call them. Then they respond immediately.

Principal Information Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloom Energy in December 2013.

Not even an interview; seems they want someone to be more 'hands on' and technical. Wait, you are asking for an Architect not an engineer. Seems this is their first ever Information Security role for the company; and they are looking for the unicorn. Unclear in their requirements or expectations, inexperienced in the talent pool that is out there and what we bring to the table. HR recruiter Monica Harnoto will not engage or discuss.

With them firing their CIO this summer, suggest we steer clear.

Contract Field Service Technician Interview

Expect things to take awhile but be patient. They will get back to you