Bloom Energy

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

NPI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloom Energy in January 2009.

Interview process was extended due to 2008 Holiday season. Application was made online, through several avenues, only one of which seemed to have actually made it in to the company.

The initial phone screen was by a member of the marketing team, rather than HR and took 30-45 minutes. There was time for me to ask a few questions.

After the phone screen, a very good background document was provided to me by company HR in preparation for the face to face round. In that round, I interviewed with 3 managers from multiple functions and one peer/team member. As my interview was at the start of the 1:1 round, I was told it would be a couple of weeks before any next steps. Only when I asked about stretches and strengths I presented as a candidate did it come up that I appeared to lack depth technically.

Most questions in both rounds were of a nature to check personality fit. Only when I checked status with HR a couple of weeks after the 1:1 round, was I informed I was out of the candidate pool, and that other candidates with greater perceived technical depth were being considered.

Interview Questions
  • In a test of my ability in a foreign language (claimed on my resume), the interviewer, without preface switched from English into that language.   View Answer