BloomReach Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BloomReach in November 2013.

1) Recruiter call - just to know if you are interested about the position, what are your expectations etc.
    2) 3 Phone Interviews: Algorithm/Coding problems ranging from recursion, dynamic programming to data structures like trees, queues etc. One mathematical question also.

Everything was very smooth. They only contact a few candidates, which they think could be a good fit for the company, which is why the whole process is quite swift and efficient.

Interview Questions
    I did really good on the interviews which is why I was able to negotiate a little bit.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BloomReach in April 2014.

Had a 5 hour on site interview which went well. They then never notified of next steps or status even when I emailed HR looking for more details. Only found out I was not selected from logging into Jobvite to looking at status. People there did seem to like it there, but would have appreciated more professionalism in the hiring process

Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BloomReach in July 2014.

I took two rounds of phone interviews before onsite. One was good the other was so so. Basic coding questions and algorithm/data structure questions. Some are related to big data operation.

There are three rounds of onsite interviews. First interviewer asked four algorithm questions. I need to code two of them. None of them were very difficult, the interviewer was nice and willing to give hints. The second one was a design question about a chat application and several follow up questions on scalability. The third one again was a coding question, the interviewer came in and raised the question and started to work on his laptop. I came up with an idea and he brought up a counter case. I couldn't find a good solution after a while and asked for more hints. Finally I was able to finish the code but felt really bad. We remained silence for most of the time, the interviewer seemed busy with his own work. I would give a negative experience but the other interviews were quite nice. I'm not sure if the third guy was the bar raiser.

Interview Questions
    • Painting a list of houses using three different colors with minimum cost.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BloomReach in January 2014.

They have 3 interview rounds for internship position.

== Round 1 ==
    Find longest palindrome in a string.Implement BFS/DFS.

== Round 2 ==
    Search for a number in Rotated Sorted Array. Implement Exponential operator.

== Round 3 ==
    Generate all the permutations of a String. What if there are duplicates in String.

The funny thing is that I know 4-5 other people to whom they asked exactly the same questions. They have one of the best engineers in the industry but I was surprised that they will asking same questions to everyone.

I think that these interviews are just for formality. Even if your interviews go very well, but you do not have rock-star background like their other engineers (ex-Googlers or from other big shot companies), there is no chance they are going to hire you.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BloomReach.

Attended a phone screening, the question was related to set operation on large datasets. The interviewer seems to be expecting a particular answer and is not interested in other answer we give.. also they seem to expecting flawless coding. Getting an answer is not enough.

Storyteller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BloomReach in November 2013.

I applied for the Storyteller position online and was contacted within a few days. The HR representative for the initial phone screen was nice and personable, and most of the questions asked were in regard to my background and experience.

The second interview was with the hiring manager and was a Skype video call (I am currently located overseas so this may differ depending on the applicant's location). The manager was also personable and his attitude helped me feel relaxed. I even felt a little bad since he was conducting the interview from his home after work hours! One unique thing about this interview that might have taken me by surprise had I not prepared a little was he started out asking what questions I had for him. After filling me in on the answers, the manager asked more questions about my experience and background in writing.

Both interviewers were great and I was sad to hear I didn't get the job! BloomReach looks fun and the people look real and very talented.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were typical interview questions, though the second interview started out with the manager asking me for my questions as opposed to saving that for last.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BloomReach in October 2013.

2 Phone screens and 1 onsite.

Interview Questions
    • General questions. Nothing out of the world.   View Answer

Backend Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BloomReach in August 2013.

Applied online and got a call from the HR . He was nice to brief me about the company. The company is doing interesting work and I liked what they are doing and they scheduled a telephone round .

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a technical question .
      Given an infinite input of strings, how do you randomly sample 1,000 strings at any given point?
        View Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BloomReach in November 2011.

I ran into one of BloomReach's first engineers at a technical event and was very impressed with both his breadth of knowledge and the types of problems he mentioned he was working on. When he brought up that I should come and interview at BloomReach I took some time to research BloomReach. I liked what I saw.

I got back in touch with him at this point and grabbed coffee to discuss further. After coffee I decided it would be worth my time to take a day and interview with the team.

The interview process has evolved somewhat from when I joined less than two years ago, but the basics are still the same: 4-6 technical interviews covering all the bases. I was wiped out at the end of the process, but in a good way.

My final interview was with the CEO after which I received an offer and was able to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions
    • Using standard unix command line tools, work through basic set operations.   Answer Question
    You will have to negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BloomReach in March 2013.

submit resume to the website, then schedule an phone interview for 45mins. Mainly talked about the research background. Than a programming question. We share a online doc as whiteboard. Actually they mainly want to know who you are and merely talk about themselves. So I'm not sure what they need.

Interview Questions

Worked for BloomReach? Contribute to the Community!