BloomReach

Relevance Date Difficulty

Storyteller Interview

Storyteller
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BloomReach in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the Storyteller position online and was contacted within a few days. The HR representative for the initial phone screen was nice and personable, and most of the questions asked were in regard to my background and experience.

The second interview was with the hiring manager and was a Skype video call (I am currently located overseas so this may differ depending on the applicant's location). The manager was also personable and his attitude helped me feel relaxed. I even felt a little bad since he was conducting the interview from his home after work hours! One unique thing about this interview that might have taken me by surprise had I not prepared a little was he started out asking what questions I had for him. After filling me in on the answers, the manager asked more questions about my experience and background in writing.

Both interviewers were great and I was sad to hear I didn't get the job! BloomReach looks fun and the people look real and very talented.

Interview Question – All the questions were typical interview questions, though the second interview started out with the manager asking me for my questions as opposed to saving that for last.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BloomReach in October 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Phone screens and 1 onsite.

Interview Question – General questions. Nothing out of the world.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BloomReach in November 2011.

Interview Details – I ran into one of BloomReach's first engineers at a technical event and was very impressed with both his breadth of knowledge and the types of problems he mentioned he was working on. When he brought up that I should come and interview at BloomReach I took some time to research BloomReach. I liked what I saw.

I got back in touch with him at this point and grabbed coffee to discuss further. After coffee I decided it would be worth my time to take a day and interview with the team.

The interview process has evolved somewhat from when I joined less than two years ago, but the basics are still the same: 4-6 technical interviews covering all the bases. I was wiped out at the end of the process, but in a good way.

My final interview was with the CEO after which I received an offer and was able to negotiate salary.

Interview Question – Using standard unix command line tools, work through basic set operations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You will have to negotiate.

Worked for BloomReach? Contribute to the Community!