Bloomberg BNA

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.9

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Five different people talk to you during the day. They will ask you a variety of questions (usually standard sales questions). They will talk to you about what you know about Bloomberg BNA. There is a break for a lunch. After Lunch you may or may not have a case study to do where you are asked to use their software to answer a variety of questions. This is to test not only how easy their software is, but also how well you can answer these questions and do a sales presentation.

Legal Editor Interview

I applied online, and received an e-mail from HR a couple weeks after. I had to take a 3 hour writing test, from the test I got an interview. The questions were regarding experience, what the job entails (meeting deadlines, critiquing your writing, etc.), and how you'll be a fit for the position. They were boilerplate questions.

Online Marketing Coordinator Interview

Great interview asked a lot of basic question. notified me a week and a half later on my interview. Offered to come in and take a grammar and excel test. A lot of the questions were unclear.

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by their Hiring Manager to set up two phone interviews. I was then invited to come in to their office for a 2-hour panel interview with four different individuals.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very straightforward and easy to answer (if you are prepared with situational examples). The most challenging aspect of the interview was the length.   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

It starts with a very brief phone interview. This had some basic questions about work history, salary requirements and the like- nothing too surprising. This was followed by a 3 hour skill test- first a computer based grammar test, then a writing test for about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • The interview itself was simple. The tests were fairly straightforward- Not inherently easy, but not difficult and certainly not surprising.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA in May 2014.

It was very simple. After I applied, I heard from the HR department a couple of days later. There was a quick HR screening and then phone interview with a director.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

The Bureau of National Affairs is extremely thorough in their interviewing process. There was 2 phone screens with Sales Recruiters followed by 2 phone interviews with Senior Sales Recruiters. I was then qualified for a phone interview with a Sales Manager/Hiring Manager. From there, I interviewed F2F with HR and Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected at all because I was over prepared. Most people would probably have trouble with some of the behavioral questions i.e. "Name a time that you helped someone in business without being prompted or asked. What was the nature of the problem? Why did you feel it necessary and appropriate to help? What did you do to help? What was the outcome?   View Answer

I had better offers, for me.

Law School Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA in November 2013.

Applied online, initial HR interview, then interview with hiring manager, then round table type interview with member of the team, and then there is a final in person presentation type interview. Very friendly team and interview process, except one guy that will nitpick the most unimportant details. Overall a great process, although the communication with candidates needs improvement.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with openly critical and harsh challenges to Bloomberg products and services from law school students during law school visits?   Answer Question

Senior Network/PC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

I was recruited as originally as a contractor by a company called Computer Help;I worked there for almost 1 year before being hired full time; I was given a computerized test about computer hardware and software repair;

Interview Questions
    • none; my prior work as a contractor working for BNA showed them I was more than able to handle the job.   Answer Question
    awkward - the company offered me $10K less than what I was making as a contractor but the benefit options were good and I was tired of contracting for so long without stable health care benefits

Tax Law Editor Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA in March 2013.

I interviewed for a tax law editor position. Was given an exam, which was not hard at all.