Bloomberg BNA

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reporter Interview

Reporter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview Details – It starts with a very brief phone interview. This had some basic questions about work history, salary requirements and the like- nothing too surprising. This was followed by a 3 hour skill test- first a computer based grammar test, then a writing test for about two hours.

Interview Question – The interview itself was simple. The tests were fairly straightforward- Not inherently easy, but not difficult and certainly not surprising.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Brought in to interview with my direct manager. He asked a few questions and looked at my portfolio. The next day, I was told the interview went well and they'd like to bring me on. The next step was to meet with the hiring manager's boss. I was brought back to meet with his boss, who asked a few general questions. By the time I got home I got the call that I won the contract so I was hired on and brought in for the contract.

Interview Question – The questions were simple nothing was complex. And after working the job it was not specific or relevant to the work they were looking for.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview Details – The Bureau of National Affairs is extremely thorough in their interviewing process. There was 2 phone screens with Sales Recruiters followed by 2 phone interviews with Senior Sales Recruiters. I was then qualified for a phone interview with a Sales Manager/Hiring Manager. From there, I interviewed F2F with HR and Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected at all because I was over prepared. Most people would probably have trouble with some of the behavioral questions i.e. "Name a time that you helped someone in business without being prompted or asked. What was the nature of the problem? Why did you feel it necessary and appropriate to help? What did you do to help? What was the outcome?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had better offers, for me.

Law School Relationship Manager Interview

Law School Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, initial HR interview, then interview with hiring manager, then round table type interview with member of the team, and then there is a final in person presentation type interview. Very friendly team and interview process, except one guy that will nitpick the most unimportant details. Overall a great process, although the communication with candidates needs improvement.

Interview Question – How would you deal with openly critical and harsh challenges to Bloomberg products and services from law school students during law school visits?   Answer Question

Senior Network/PC Technician Interview

Senior Network/PC Technician
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview Details – I was recruited as originally as a contractor by a company called Computer Help;I worked there for almost 1 year before being hired full time; I was given a computerized test about computer hardware and software repair;

Interview Question – none; my prior work as a contractor working for BNA showed them I was more than able to handle the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – awkward - the company offered me $10K less than what I was making as a contractor but the benefit options were good and I was tired of contracting for so long without stable health care benefits

Tax Law Editor Position Interview

Tax Law Editor Position
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in March 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a tax law editor position. Was given an exam, which was not hard at all.

Interview Question – not I can think of   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Reporter
Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in July 2011.

Interview Details – I tracked down the recruiter, who passed along my information to the Hiring Manager. There was very little job information available to me, and so I was only able to research the division after being given the hiring manager's name. There was supposed to be a 3-hour writing test, but the recruiter did not tell me that I would be required to take this on the same day of the interview. The Hiring Manager told me we could schedule it for later, but I was not invited back to take the writing test.

Nevertheless, everyone I met with seemed kind. None of them seemed particularly enthusiastic about their work, nor did they seem prepared to interview me. They did not have any questions for me, and when I attempted to tell them about my requirements, they did not seem to understand them. I think it was just not a good fit and not a reflection on the company. Nevertheless, I do feel that I should have been informed of the writing test in advance so that I could have made an excuse to my current employer. I felt like there was a great disconnect between HR and the Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – "So I haven't looked at your resume."   Answer Question

Editorial Intern Interview

Editorial Intern
Arlington, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in May 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was for the Editorial Intern position. I discussed my previous experiences, listened to a description of the requirements and tasks for the position and submitted several writing samples and did a few other things. I was then contacted and offered the position, which I immediately accepted.

Interview Question – I don't not remember what I was asked as the interview was pretty straight-forward.   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Staff Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview Details – I just went in for an interview with my boss's boss. She asked me a bunch of questions about my skills and how good I am at listening and following directions. Also, she asked me basic interview questions such as if I was employed before to why am I a good candidate for this job.

Interview Question – What are my advantages and disadvantages   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg BNA? Contribute to the Community!