Bloomberg BNA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

3.1

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview

Five different people talk to you during the day. They will ask you a variety of questions (usually standard sales questions). They will talk to you about what you know about Bloomberg BNA. There is a break for a lunch. After Lunch you may or may not have a case study to do where you are asked to use their software to answer a variety of questions. This is to test not only how easy their software is, but also how well you can answer these questions and do a sales presentation.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Difficult but manageable. They want to see that you want this job, not that you're looking for multiple offers. They want to you close for the job at the end of the interview; if you don't, they likely will not extend an offer no matter how well the interview went.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say about you?   1 Answer

Legal Editor Interview

Interview

I applied online, and received an e-mail from HR a couple weeks after. I had to take a 3 hour writing test, from the test I got an interview. The questions were regarding experience, what the job entails (meeting deadlines, critiquing your writing, etc.), and how you'll be a fit for the position. They were boilerplate questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

Great interview asked a lot of basic question. notified me a week and a half later on my interview. Offered to come in and take a grammar and excel test. A lot of the questions were unclear.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by their Hiring Manager to set up two phone interviews. I was then invited to come in to their office for a 2-hour panel interview with four different individuals.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very straightforward and easy to answer (if you are prepared with situational examples). The most challenging aspect of the interview was the length.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty simple. Spoke with the recruiter for initial phone interview. Then had a phone interview with potential manager. After that, had an in-person interview with potential manager. After that, they made an offer of employment contingent upon passing a background check and you have to submit for a drug screen. If you pass those you are good to go.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a hunter mentality?   1 Answer

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview

It starts with a very brief phone interview. This had some basic questions about work history, salary requirements and the like- nothing too surprising. This was followed by a 3 hour skill test- first a computer based grammar test, then a writing test for about two hours.

Interview Questions

• The interview itself was simple. The tests were fairly straightforward- Not inherently easy, but not difficult and certainly not surprising.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA in May 2014.

Interview

It was very simple. After I applied, I heard from the HR department a couple of days later. There was a quick HR screening and then phone interview with a director.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview

The Bureau of National Affairs is extremely thorough in their interviewing process. There was 2 phone screens with Sales Recruiters followed by 2 phone interviews with Senior Sales Recruiters. I was then qualified for a phone interview with a Sales Manager/Hiring Manager. From there, I interviewed F2F with HR and Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected at all because I was over prepared. Most people would probably have trouble with some of the behavioral questions i.e. "Name a time that you helped someone in business without being prompted or asked. What was the nature of the problem? Why did you feel it necessary and appropriate to help? What did you do to help? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

I had better offers, for me.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg BNA in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, initial HR interview, then interview with hiring manager, then round table type interview with member of the team, and then there is a final in person presentation type interview. Very friendly team and interview process, except one guy that will nitpick the most unimportant details. Overall a great process, although the communication with candidates needs improvement.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with openly critical and harsh challenges to Bloomberg products and services from law school students during law school visits?   Answer Question