Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with Manager. In person interview with Manager. Then called back for another interview with a manager from another department who told me he wasn't part of the hiring process. Knew I wasn't getting the position at that time!! But all in all, not bad process. Just wished they didn't waste my time with the last interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

Almost 12 interviews because there was no job opening at the time. The questions, and questioners were indicative of something I would later learn about the culture: people here are aggressive and like to see how you respond to being pushed around.

Many of the questions were general conversational questions about what I had done before. But many of them were clearly attempts to test the thickness of my skin. Almost none of the questions were technical.

Interview Questions
    • "I have no idea how you ever made any money." that really happened   View Answer
    I wasn;t really able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

The interview process lasted a long time, which seemed to indicate not a great internal process. There were numerous people to meet, but because of scheduling it was impossible to see more than one person at a time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

Got a call at 9:10 in the morning - they dont want their people sleeping in, I guess. The interviewer was pretty courteous, very nice. First she asked me to run through my resume. I started with my most recent experience, since it was most apropos. She asked what I knew about the division I was applying for (renewable energies) and I did have a chance to look back over the job posting as well as study up on the "Bloomberg Philosophy" before the phone interview so I was able to fill in some details. She didn't seem too demanding on in-depth knowledge here, so that's fair. However, seemed glad that I knew something.

Most of the questions afterwards were generally about my finance and marketing experience and clarification questions running through my history to see how my career developed. Also,

After the interview she asked for a writing sample - the more quantitative the better. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything terribly quantitative on file so sent her something with both quant and qual, um, qualities.
    She also mentioned that I might have to resubmit my application since something went wrong with their system the first time around and it had automatically asked me the wrong questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some roles you've doing finance. How about marketing analysis?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

Called in, asked few questions about background and experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for this position.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st interview with HR - phone screening
    2nd interview with direct manager - 45min via phone general questions
    3rd interview with 2 team members - 1h30 talked about why you're interested in the role, why bloomberg, how you can contribute. Pretty straight forward. Do your research beforehand about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge of the financial industry and experience within it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

very lengthy, many interviews, always go for the best

Interview Questions
    • Will expect any reporter to be familiar with The Bloomberg Way, the book outlining their writing formula, and then edit a story to that style   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2012.

the interview process is composed by 3 steps all very general and without very technical question.
    during the second interview the HR guys walk the candidates through the BBG office in London.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2012.

There was a phone interview before an actual interview. All the questions were pretty standard, expected questions, the experience overall was nice. It was for the tokyo office so it was in both japanese and english.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty standard questions. What were the hardest challenge you faced in working with a group and how did you solve it, etc   Answer Question

Proceeded to grad school

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2011.

It was lengthy, it took about 2 months in total. I had actually written off the application and was interviewing elsewhere by the time I had a phone call to let me know they were bringing me in for an interview.

I was then offered another job at a smaller, local company and told bloomberg of this. I believe this sped up the process with them considerably, as they liked me in the 1st round interview with two of their best and brightest in the office. I then came in a few days later and had an interview with two managers in the Global Data dept in London via video conference.

They offered me the job a day or two later and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • They weren't difficult in hindsight. They also weren't relevant for the role in question either. The one question I do recall well is this:

'How does a wind turbine work?'
        View Answer
    No negotiation was possible.