Bloomberg L.P. Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

Analyst Interview

Interview

• Researched unmanned plane, online education platform and casting companies and their related industries by analyzing the financial statements, future trends, market size and government policy to support making investment decisions. • Successfully built DCF valuation model and completed analysis reports based on their profit model, financial statements and interviewing the management team and specialists. • Trained, led and directed by the investment director and general manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with Manager. In person interview with Manager. Then called back for another interview with a manager from another department who told me he wasn't part of the hiring process. Knew I wasn't getting the position at that time!! But all in all, not bad process. Just wished they didn't waste my time with the last interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Almost 12 interviews because there was no job opening at the time. The questions, and questioners were indicative of something I would later learn about the culture: people here are aggressive and like to see how you respond to being pushed around. Many of the questions were general conversational questions about what I had done before. But many of them were clearly attempts to test the thickness of my skin. Almost none of the questions were technical.

Interview Questions

• "I have no idea how you ever made any money." that really happened   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn;t really able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a great interview experience. There were several interviews. You need stamina to get through it. I would be honest and just go for it. Best of luck. Great company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process lasted a long time, which seemed to indicate not a great internal process. There were numerous people to meet, but because of scheduling it was impossible to see more than one person at a time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Got a call at 9:10 in the morning - they dont want their people sleeping in, I guess. The interviewer was pretty courteous, very nice. First she asked me to run through my resume. I started with my most recent experience, since it was most apropos. She asked what I knew about the division I was applying for (renewable energies) and I did have a chance to look back over the job posting as well as study up on the "Bloomberg Philosophy" before the phone interview so I was able to fill in some details. She didn't seem too demanding on in-depth knowledge here, so that's fair. However, seemed glad that I knew something. Most of the questions afterwards were generally about my finance and marketing experience and clarification questions running through my history to see how my career developed. Also, After the interview she asked for a writing sample - the more quantitative the better. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything terribly quantitative on file so sent her something with both quant and qual, um, qualities. She also mentioned that I might have to resubmit my application since something went wrong with their system the first time around and it had automatically asked me the wrong questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some roles you've doing finance. How about marketing analysis?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

Called in, asked few questions about background and experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for this position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2015.

Interview

Attended an information session at a job event and submitted my resume when I knew more about the position. After they reviewed my resume I was immediately offered an interview. This interview was in Japanese. I was then invited to their office in front of Tokyo station for an office tour. When I got there, there was only one other candidate and the person who invited us appeared to be on a holiday. Clearly the HR representative was not informed of our arrival and everything had to be quickly arranged. However, she guided us around in Japanese with great enthusiasm and spontaneity. One of the nicer offices I have ever seen, with lots of colors, modern design and even a free food zone. She put me with an American analyst for about an hour so I could observe the daily tasks and responsibilities. At first glance, you don't have that stiff Japanese hierarchy and everyone seems pretty approachable. And what a view on the imperial palace!! Negative points: - when we walked through the different divisions with the Japanese, female HR manager, some of the Western, male employees walking by made some very sexist comments. She either didn't hear or ignored it stylishly. However, it made me ashamed as a male gaijin and I got an impression there can be a jerk-factor imported from the financial world. - we were allowed to take some food for the train ride home and were promised a date for a follow-up interview as we weren't yet properly assessed during this visit. However, to this day I have never received an email and there's also no reply to my follow-up correspondence. A bit of a pity.

Interview Questions

• What unique strength can you bring to the table to give better financial analysis?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

1st interview with HR - phone screening 2nd interview with direct manager - 45min via phone general questions 3rd interview with 2 team members - 1h30 talked about why you're interested in the role, why bloomberg, how you can contribute. Pretty straight forward. Do your research beforehand about the company.

Interview Questions

• Your knowledge of the financial industry and experience within it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

very lengthy, many interviews, always go for the best

Interview Questions

• Will expect any reporter to be familiar with The Bloomberg Way, the book outlining their writing formula, and then edit a story to that style   Answer Question